Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Tires and Wheels

2»

Comments

• dina4dina4 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 cts with the sport suspension package, I have had problems with tires, wheels and vibration since the day I brought it home. I have had 12 new tires, it has been realigned and tires rebalanced numerous times and all I keep hearing is that it is adverse road conditions. It also pulls to the right significantly which according to the service manager is because the earth is round. I finally got a lawyer after being told by a dealer not to return again with the same problem. After 8 months of financial offers they finally agreed to replace the car. I went to pick out a new one only to find the 3 I test drove with the sports suspension did the exact same thing, the salesman was speechless. I truly believe there is some kind of fault with these cars that they are not willing to acknowledge. I am so sad about this because other than this issue I am very happy with the car.
  • wascowasco Posts: 4
    I don't have the sports suspension. When I'm going on any type of incline between 45 to 50 mph, and on the highway over 65 mph the car vibrates. After replacing the four tires, aligning the car, it still did it. Last week they just replaced the differential, and there's no difference. Fortunately my service tech is very nice, but doesn't know what else to do. He said he'll do some more homework and call me next week, but in the meantime I'm going to start to look into the lemon law.
  • hello, there is nothing wrong with the cts, I have a 2006 I have owned it for 1 year and 7 months! the problem I did run into were bad vibrations as a result of the tires! there is a bulletin out on the good year tires they put on the cts! I have had the tires replaced a couple of times after arguing with cadillac and the dealership for about a month or so I requested a different brand tire other than good year! I had them put michelin tires on and the ride is fantastic again like when I bought it! The good year tires have a defect excessive road force! they do not high speed balance and they have flat spots on them! usually a tire has a flat spot from sitting all night these tires do not take shape until they are warmed up and then they just get worse and do not shape up at all! the tires are bad ! they will effect the entire performance of the car any car for that matter! good year tires are bad!!!!!!!!
  • IF THEY ARE GOOD YEAR TIRES THAT THE CAR HAD WHEN PURCHASED GET DIFFERENT TIRES! GOOD YEAR ON THIS MODEL ARE NO GOOD!!!!!! CAUSING VIBRATIONS!
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    use a road force balancing machine as well.....that seems to get rid of the problem....most techs dont know how to properly use a machine or balance a tire today it seems..particular at a dealership....hunter makes a good machine for this I beleive...it may cost you more for this type..but its worth it
    Cadillac rep came in town Friday and drove car for himself. They are keeping it over the weekend because they say something is causing the engine to mis. Doesn't sound like a tire problem.
  • I don't know if you've resolved this problem yet, but it sounds to me like you have a lock-up problem. The speeds at which you're describing your vibration is when the torque converter clutch engages, aka 'lock-up'. A lock up clutch can shutter/chatter on engagement--this problem is easily and often misdiagnosed as an engine misfire. There is a GM service bulletin on this exact problem for your car. Most of the time it is fixed by a simple reprogramming of the computer, if that does not fix it then step 2 is a new torque converter. Hope this helps, I can get the bulletin # if you need it.
    Problem solved. The rep finally came in and while I had my car in I told them I also needed an oil change too (I was about 2,000 over normal change time). Dealer called me back and said I had almost no oil in my car (kind of accusatory). I told them On Star told me I had oil life left and showed them the print outs they sent and I've had my car in several times for the shutter problem since my last oil change. They agreed to replace my entire engine under warranty and the shutter problem is gone with the new engine. They also charged me for the oil change (you'd think you'd get oil with a new engine).
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    Oil life and oil level in the crankcase are two different things. The oil monitor may say that there is oil life left even though there is no oil in the engine. You should check the oil level when you fill up the fuel tank or on some other regular basis.
  • the original goodyears lasted 30k. currently my cts has 65k with original brake pads, something is not right there.
  • for safety reasons stay with OEM.
  • 91199119119911 Posts: 54
    Please post Service Bulletin you referred to in item 31...about programming the computer or replacing the torque converter.

I have a 2008 CTS with 1200 miles and I experience a vibration from 40 through 65 MPH, it is worse when on an incline (slight or steep) it is worse at 40-42 MPH. Vehicle also vibrates in reverse when backing out of my garage (slight downward slope) with basically no accelerator applied.

Anyone having this problem please reply.

Cj
  • I am leasing a 2005 CTS. I have replaced the tires 5 times since 2005 and I have replaced two rims and had one rim straightened out. I am just finding out that I'm having problems because I have the 17 inch tires which come with the sports package. I'm told that this package is for highway driving and not city driving. Well, why didn't the dealer say something before I drove it off of the lot. Right now, I'm fed up. I contacted GM, they pulled my records and thought that giving me a $60.00 credit was enough compensation for this problem. Then, I get on this web site and find out that everyone is having tire problem. I feel as though I riding on plastic rims with balloons for tires. How can anyone design such a high end car and put such poor quality tires on this vehicle. I have owned GM cars for 12 years and I've never had problems like this with the tires. Oh, and don't purchase a Saab because the tires are equally poor. I'm truly upset because I was looking forward to the 2008 CTS. I feel that the car performs well. I love driving it but I'm always concerned about the next blow out. This is totally unexceptable. I will not be leasing or purchasing another GM car.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    your dealer is blowing smoke if you beleive a perfromance package...all summer tires is for highway only......you need to get a good road force balance done on all wheels using a good hunter machine and a mechanic who knows how to properly balance a wheel...

Im betting that will solve your problem....not all tire shops or dealers have this machine...
  • 91199119119911 Posts: 54
    Wunderbred,

Please post the bulletin # you wrote of in item # 31. I'm having vibration and rumbling noises at speeds between 40-65 MPH. Dealer want's me to let the tires run in for 7-8,000 miles. The vibration is worse at 42-43 MPH and in a slight pull or trying to maintain that speed straight and level.

Help!
    Cj
  • GovertGovert Posts: 1
    The Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) = 08-07-30-044 (reflashed TCM with software modification per bulletin).

I had the same issue as you are describing. Totally resolved after applying this TSB by my dealer. There is a warning with the TSB that the mpg may go down. Haven't noticed anything significant sofar.

It made all the difference to me. Highly recommend the solution. My CTS is once again just one great car. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    edited November 2010
    You are exactly describing a problem I had with my 2009 CTS at16,000 miles. Dealer replaced front wheel bearing. Problem solved.
2»