Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Electrical/Lighting

123457»

Comments

• malexbumalexbu Posts: 169
    The user manual (also available online) has the charts for fuses' locations.
  • Brake lights are not powered by the switch directly as in previous cars but driven by the BCM (body control module), there is a switch there though to let the BCM know when to actifiy the brake lights and if it's defective will cause problems, You should buy/borrow an inexpensive multimeter to help diagnose this issue..
  • mock2mock2 Posts: 11
    When I drive my 58 impala at LIGHTSPEED. Will the head lights work?
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 872
    If you go over 186K miles per second, the light will be behind you .
  • malexbumalexbu Posts: 169
    In Impala, no: the head lights gaskets will freeze up and shut down the photon compressor. In Malibu -- and remember, this is a Malibu board -- certainly, yes. Junk your junk and get a real car.
  • mock2mock2 Posts: 11
    Thanks for sheding a little lite on the subject.Slow poke malibu.
  • tjcishere1tjcishere1 Posts: 42
    Dimmer switch not working fog lights not working and the dome light wont come on with the dimmer switch knob
  • I have a 2008 Chevrolet malibu with 160,000 miles. This car has been very good to me over the last 4 1/2 years but recently I have started having some issues with warning lights. It happens most often as soon as I fill my tank. My gas gauge shows no fuel and it tells me on the radio that I have low fuel. It also tells me that I need to service my tire monitor and service my air bags. These gauges/warning lights will randomly come on and off each time I re start my car. It seems though that when I get at or below a half a tank of gas, the warning lights come on less often. There has also been a few times that my ABS warning light has come on and also my daytime running lights have gone off and I had to manually turn them on. I took it to the dealership to have them look at it and their response was that I needed to replace the left and right front impact sensors and the sensor in my fuel tank. I do not understand how these sensors could be the problem with random and intermittent warning lights coming on. It sounds to me like it is a wiring problem. Can someone please help! I am a single parent and I cant afford to randomly replace things on my vehicle in hopes that it corrects the problem. Thank you for your time!!
  • bc60bc60 Posts: 16
    My wife's 2010 Malibu recently had an issue where the Traction control warning light and Engine operating at reduced power light came on 1 morning when she started the car up. It had rained heavily the day before and she has a sunroof on the car. Dealer said that one of the drains for the sunroof was clogged and was shorting out a wiring harness. He said the sunroof drain runs down each A-post and at some point within the A-post, the drain was clogged. The wiring harness was within this A-post. He cleaned out the drain lines, dried everything out and it seemed to solve the problem. I asked if there was anything I could do to prevent these drain lines from clogging in the future and he said no.

Don't know if your car has a sunroof or not or even if this solution could apply to your case but just thought I would list it here.

Good luck.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    Glad your dealership was able to solve the problem, bc60! Keep us posted if anything should come up as we're available to do any follow-up.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Thank you bc60 for your information. Unfortunately though I do not have a sun roof so I am not sure that this is the same thing. I greatly appreciate your time to respond to me though!
123457»