Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: Electrical System

2»

Comments

• rdragsrdrags Posts: 4
    Thank You for that....Ya know when I purchased the car, the drv. heat seat was and still is inop..... don't care too much for the heat so never had it fixed.......???? I still haven't found the exact problem, though a disconnect of the negative battery cable, (under rear seat) re sets everything and all electrics stay going for a good while. Its funny you should mention that though, that was the only thing I could fault the car for, other than the electric-dash problem. who found the problem for you?
  • fsurowkafsurowka Posts: 2
    The mechanic at Al Piemonte Cadillac in East Dundee, which has closed and moved to St. Charles, IL. He diagnosed a clicking when I turned right as a weak spring on the starter causing the gear to hit the flywheel ring gear when I turned. Other mechanics said it was the CV joint and I should have that replaced. Went through 3 starters before I go a good one.
  • I am having the same problem. Can you tell me did you solve your problem and if you did what did you do to correct it. The problem I am encountering is the gas guage going from full to empty, radio comes on and off, the windows and door locks, security light and abs is on steady etc, replaced ignition switch. HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!!!!!Thanks for your time and cooperation.
  • i had my car in a parking lot and when i went to shut it off, I got an alert that said "no fob detected". everything appeared to be locked up. I could not start the car. The parking lot attendant said he had an STS parked in the same spot today and the same thing happened. That car had to be towed. I called the dealership and the had me put the fob in the consol, go outside the car and unlock the car 5 times in 5 seconds. I could not do that as the key would not turn. When I entered the car, I put my foot on break and it allowed me to start the car. This has happened 2 other times to us and appeared to be an interference with garage door openers. Has anyone had any similar problem??? Rather strange that it happened to another STS in the same spot today. Other than parking lot lights, I could not see where there could have been interference.
  • I have a 2001 cadillac sts. My battery died so i jump started it and i stared right up. But my gas and tenp gage is not reading or my display center can anyone help me out. I had this happend to me once befor and i dont remember what i did.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    You might check the fuses or circuit breakers to be sure that they are OK. Your owners manual should explain what you have and where they are.
  • dianejoydianejoy Posts: 2
    My STS with Northstar engine started just dying while I was driving - no matter what speed or whenever, no rhyme or reason. It has pretty much stopped doing that, but now I have trouble starting it with anywhere from 2 to 60+ tries to get it started. Had AAA come over to haul it to a garage, and he started it by hooking on to the engine instead of the battery. It started and he said it most likely needed a new battery since that one was the original. Got a new battery, car started immediately then the next time I went to start it, it took about 30 tries. What is going on?
  • Diane -
    What ever happened with your car? Did they find out what was the problem?? I have a 2001 STS that has been in twice for the very same reason. I could be doing 60 miles an hour on the Parkway and the car will completely turn off - no power steering, no brakes... or I could be idling at a light and it does the same thing. I heard some STS's were recalled because of this. HELP ! I don't want to get rearended becasue the car shuts off. Can Anyone advise me?
  • bnyebnye Posts: 1
    My STS spent more time at the dealership with electrical systems issues than in my garage. I had a lemon of a car. At 800 miles, a new engine was needed. Electrical systems issues haunted me the entire 18 months of ownership, before GM bought the car back.
  • ebersegeberseg Posts: 1
    I have a 1988 Cadillac Seville STS that I bought used with cooling fan problems.
    The fan was grounded with a piece of wire to the battery.
    The information center displayed,"Cooling Fan Fault."
    I used the car as is.Then the "Gear selection fault" was also displayed.
    After that,the digital display slowly started to flash on and off.
    Now the instrument panel is mostly off.
    In the morning's it's on for awhile and everything on the panel is working.
    Then the display shuts off.
    The car is still running as normal but I can't read any of the functions.
    The self diagnostic shows the codes:

B120-B127-B441 current
    E052 History
    B552 History

It is very difficult to drive the car without seeing the instrument functions.
    Please help me locate the source of the problem.
  • rrooplesrrooples Posts: 1
    Yep.

You need to have the crankshaft postition sensor replaced.
  • lilczarlilczar Posts: 1
    Cadillac STS , one brake light on the drivers side doesnt operate when brake pedal is pressed. When the keyless entry is used the brake light works. There is no brake light fuse in box. Cant figure out how it can light up with the keyless entry, but not when using the actual brake itself...Any ideas???
  • My Bose system in the house blocked the signal When I deduce that I change the dip switch on the stereo. Now my wife can acess the car with her #1 but I can not with my remote #2, however the is sporadic. It occurs more often than not. Very connfusing and it doesn't matter with location
  • eshuss101eshuss101 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    did you find a solution to your car problem, i am having the same exact problem
2»