Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

garykinggaryking Posts: 32
edited January 29 in Mercedes-Benz
Just curious if anyone out there has their car serviced at Mercedes of Littleton, and their impression of the service department. Only been in twice for scheduled maintenance, but I'm not impressed. They forgot to put the oil filler cap back on after the first service. Had a coupon for a "free" snow tire swap that cost me 65$.
(Oh, you want them BALANCED too?)

Comments

• Just wondering if anybody has any information on Mercedes Ben show room at Port land, Oregon. I am planning to move there in couple of weeks and planning to get C240. Does anybody know what is the normal wait times for C240 for orders not available at their show room ?

Thanks !!
  • bob353bob353 Posts: 1
    Spider:

Checked out availability of C320 last Sat. Dealership delivery was six to eight weeks. European delivery was mid July.

Dealer had three I models in stock. Think one was a C240.

Dealership service history varied. Hear some good and some poor reports from friends who own Ms.
  • karklinkarklin Posts: 15
    I have my 2001 Mercedes C-320 for 5 weeks I noticed condensation water inside the fog lights did anyone else see that?
    Thank you much
  • Have any owners had difficulties with the key fob locking/unlocking devices and mechanisms? My fobs have been replaced twice and the car still must be opened with that small painful key. The courtesy lights at night do not come on (head lamps and inside lights-when exiting) The seat presets do not work and the windshield washer fluid leaks very badly, and all on a new C320 with little mileage. They promised the Navigation System but used the excuse the factory could not get them. Took delivery in early 2001. Any one out there have a similar problem?
  • booradley1: Our windshield washer tank sprung a leak a couple of months after we took delivery of our C320 in February. (It's the small tank; we don't have the headlamp washers.)

Our dealer repaired it under warranty. It required the removal of the front bumper and left headlamp assembly.
  • I picked up my C240 in late December. It is now August, and it has been in the shop 5 times. I thought I was buying a brand new Mercedes to prevent that from happening! I am so totally disappointed in this car. The underlying issue seems to be the electronics of this car. First, my seat motor went out, then the CD player went out, the keys had to be replaced once, and now it is in the shop to replace the EIS system. Anyone have similar issues? I am going to take this as far as I can....
  • hcwhcw Posts: 1
    I just discovered the key problems similar to that mentioned by booradley1 on my new c320. Will go to dealer to have it fixed. Any one has this problem fixed?
  • alux1alux1 Posts: 1
    Yes Booradley1 I have had the same kind of problem with my C320. FIRST locking and unlocking with the key fob would not work. Took it in and they replaced the keys. SECOND, the left and right mirror settings and the steering wheel settings were not being saved. I would set everything to Memory Setting 1, get out of the car and nothing would be saved. Also, the steering wheel easy entry feature would not always work. The wheel wouldn't always go down when I got in the car. The dealer said it was a key issue, that they didn't order the right key number. New keys were ordered and installed. Still not fixed. Then they replaced the control units for the left & right mirrors. Better but still not fixed. Also had a problem with the windshield washer reservoir sensor. Control unit for that was replaced too. I spent a lot of money for this car and spend more time at the dealer than I do driving it. It's maddening! Sorry to hear you're having the same problems.
  • thinking about buying c240, any opinions about thins car, or would the c320 be a better car. any pricing discount on these cars? thanks
  • cgbtoocgbtoo Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase tires for my 2000 C 230. This car has only 46K miles, is this average?
    I have always gotten better wear on tires from the other vehicles I have owned. I also need to mention that the wear on the tires is only on one tire! What's up with that? If I am being stupid someone tell me. Thanks, cgbtoo
  • paul_ppaul_p Posts: 271
    Does your C230 have the sport option (low profile tires)? Which tires wears the most?

- Paul
  • memphis10memphis10 Posts: 161
    On a C230 Sedan. Please mention the sticker price, negotiated price (Do not include tax, title etc as they may vary) and the options. Thanks.
  • cigarlvrcigarlvr Posts: 2
    Anyone having problems with poor radio reception from time to time. I sometimes totally lose signal.
  • jfoley2pjfoley2p Posts: 1
    I have had a 2001 C240 for a little over a year.
    I had poor radio reception and the dealer replaced the antenna module - in the process deactived the sunroof and forgot to reset the software so it would open and not close.

The problem with the remote function of the key is well known by Mercedes. I've had the key replaced twice and it has been functioning well for about 6 months. MB blames it on the supplier.

Overall the car has been very good (but wish I could have afforded the 320 for more power). Gas mileage on premium is typically in the highteens, occasionally the low 20's. Not great but then if I wanted gas mileage I would have bought and Echo (it's not a real car, just the echo of one).

Keep bugging the dealer when your remote craps out. Eventually you'll get one that will keep working.
  • wotan2001wotan2001 Posts: 1
    Just getting caught up with Town Hall and noticed some of you were having problems with radio reception. I had a problem with AM reception fading in and out and dealer fixed it by tightening the little tel-aid antenna. Somehow it connects.
  • We purchased a C320 about 1.5 years ago. We had so many problems with it that we recently traded it for a new Lexus GS-300.

Our 2002 C320 had numerous problems from the start, including noise, electronic controls, sensors, brakes, and worst of all, a horrible transmission.

It was in the shop about 25 days total. Over half the problems were never fixed. The service dept would simply say that "they could not detect any problem at this time".

The transmission would delay when changing gears and punched in gear for a very choppy ride. After five visits and saying they couldn't find a problem, I took the service manager out for a ride, and demonstrated the problem. His response was: "That's normal for this model".

Well, at least I got an honest response that time.

The final straw was when the service dept overfilled our oil resevoir at the 11k service and the sensor detected it 4 monthes later.

We finally got tired of constant trips to the dealer with no fixes, so we did some research and cut our loss. We found that the 2002 Lexus GS300 was top rated in it's class for reliability. The C320 was rated below average.

So we traded our C320 for a car that is actually worth $40k. We are very happy with our 2003 Lexus, and we are even happier to not have the C320 anymore.
  • paul_ppaul_p Posts: 271
    '00 C230: 6,875 miles, no problems to date as second vehicle.

'93 Toyota Truck: Turns 170,000 miles tomorrow morning, 2/4/03. No problems since 101,000 miles except leaky water pump (replaced at 121,000 miles).

Best of both worlds!

-P.
  • Our 2002 C320 was a nightmare. Numerous problems including false sensor readings, memory features not working, brakes, horrible transmission, noise problems and loose seats.

Forget the promises made by the Sales Dept. The Service Dept would regularly give us the car back saying they couldn't detect any problem at this time. Got to be kidding. I took the Mgr out for a test drive, and then they couldn't ignore the problem. Then the response was, "That's the way this car is". Hmmmmmmm.

Okay. So (No Quality)+(No Fixes)= Trade In.

We now own a Lexus GS300 and are very happy. No problems. Great quality. Promise made and promise kept. Thank you Lexus. Good bye Mercedes.
  • '02 C230 Coupe with 16.5K miles, been to the shop twice. Once to replace a driving light ($300.00+ I paid, the raccoon that caused it paid with his life), once again for initial service, will have to go again shortly for service and to have an underhood sticker replaced (detected at first oil changed and ordered).
  • valonvalon Posts: 22
    anyone had ther mb serviced in prestige in paramus nj let me know like to know how they are
    just got a new c230 sport sedan