Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Notice that your username is dcsaab. Are you in the DC/MD area? I'm assuming its a used car dealer and probably is Select Auto Imports in VA. Did you see the car with the mileage on it. One time I went there and they originally told me one thing over the phone and when I got there it was different. Just giving you a heads up.
  • dcsaabdcsaab Posts: 13
    Good call! Yep, that's the place. On their website it read the car had 9 miles but when I got there, the car had 38 miles - probably the sales people taking it home overnight. The price is okay, but I still think it's high. It doesn't have a cd player! $32k for an '04 car and it doesn't come with a cd player! Anyway, I'll see what the in service date is and then see how much lower they'll go. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.
  • stroudmanstroudman Posts: 192
    Also, green is a cold, cold color! I'm not saying you can't like it, but a dealer won't tell you it's a harder color to move than black or silver. It is. This fall the 240 will be replaced by a 280, so you will also see an immediate adjustment (adverse) in it's value on top of the usual depreciation, since the new engine will be much higher output, and some folks think the 240 is a dog already. Is this a new, untitled car? Any benz dealer that still holds a brand new, untitled '04 240 is going to have 1000's in incentives on the car, so if this car has already been titled once B-4, it is used, and you should be able to get it for less.

-6 disc changers were the only way to listen to cd's up to '04, and they were optional (it's been ridiculous since '01) so even tho it should have one already, it can be installed any time. Heads up! Fiber optics...only a benz dealer can install, and it's upwards of $1000 to do so!
    Stroudman - that is excellant advice. Thank you. I will be in Atlanta next weekend and I will check cars there. Any suggestions on dealerships? (I was born and raised in Atlanta and just moved to DC a year ago so I go down often). I will pass on this one (green one) - I think for $31~$32K I could get a new C230.
    If it was me, I would get a new c230 or wait for the 06 c280. I definitely woul stay away from Select Auto b/c $32K for an 04 is ridiculous.
    RBM is the oldest store in the market, and they're big. The other two dealers are also big, atlanta classic cars, and mb of south atlanta. The only other store remotely close is mb of athens, (about an hour east) and they're a laid back mom-and-pop kind of place. All of them will likely have something you want, it's just a matter of what you prefer for a shopping environment. The only thing you're sure to get at the big dealers is more flash.

-DON'T go to augusta...

Where in ATL are you from? I grew up in Brookhaven, NE side, not too far from Lenox Square. City's too darn big nowadays, IMO. Nice place to visit, but can't live there anymore.
    I'll try RBM.

I went to Mercedes of Alexandria (Va) today and try to negotiate a deal for '05 230K Sedan with Metallic, CD, Auto, Heated seats and sunroof - the sticker was $34.9 and they won't go down on that price. At all. They kept pushing this '04 240 4matic. Had 19k miles, CD, Black, Sunroof and automatic. So I thought he'd make a good deal on that car. Sticker was $34,900 and after about 45 min of bickering I got up to walk out and he came down to $31,900 - firm. So I left. It's frustrating. I guess I'm use to more 'common' cars. I'll re-group and try my luck next weekend.
    Stroudman - I was born and raised in Tucker Ga and moved to Vinnings after college and lived there until last year.
    I can't believer that they won't budge on the sticker. It's not THAT great of a vehicle and from various posts here many are getting them at or near invoice, although it may depend on region Just hold out as long as you can til the 06's come out. I'm sure you can get one at or near invoice by then.
    Tks Kennynmd - I agree. I live very close to the dealership and they've had the same 4 C230's sitting there for at least a month and a half. I don't have to buy a car right now so I'll wait, but I was pretty shocked they didn't go down more.
  • Everyone... stay away from Euromotorcars. I ordered Sirius Satellite radio, and the dealership did not tell me about the placement of the antenna nor the the fact that they drill a hole into my trunk to attach it!

They will not even assist me with findout out information regarding a solution... pathetic for a MB dealership.

Stay away...
    Where is Euromotorcars?
  • Bethesda, Maryland. www.euromotorcars.com.

Lee
    I keep an example of the sat radio antenna in my office, and the first chance I get show it to anyone with even a passing interest in it. It's a permanent change to the car, and even tho the techs do a fine job with installation, some folks just mind. And it's their car.

dcsaab - I waited tables at the TGI fridays at Wildwood office park on Powers Ferry Landing a lifetime ago...small world. Regarding the negotiations on the C230, I would get #'s from other dealers and make every attempt to buy the car from your local dealer using those competitive offers. That's silly tho, to hold list on a bread-and-butter car like that. SL, SLK, CLK cabrio's, new M-class, CLS, sticker price all day long, but a C230? There's very little to play with there, it's the cheapest car they make, and it honestly has no incentives so far this month. Let the dealer make a little money on their car, but really. The amount of negotiating power you have is directly related to the temp of the car, and how easily the dealer can get another one. 230's are selling well, but everyone's got plenty of them, also.
    Seems like everyone hgere in the last couple of posts are from the DC/MD.VA area. I would wait it out. At least thats what I am doing. I curreently have a Sequoia but recently been annoyed by a creak in my sunroof. The dealership says there is a TSB out on it and I'm bringing it in this week. Hope they can fix it, and if they can't I may have to meet up with you to see if we can get a deal on 2 C-class cars soon.:)
  • damienwgdamienwg Posts: 39
    I don't buy that. I've been to the Lexus, BMW, Mercedes-Benz dealerships in Beverly Hills, Torrance (suburb just outside of L.A.) and Santa Monica and my best service has been at the Beverly Hills dealerships. The worst service I was given was at the Infiniti Santa Monica, where I walked into a room with at least half a dozen dealers standing around and actually had to ask a dealer for help - as opposed to the dealers offering.
    I think I will "wait it out". The dealership called me Sunday and then again twice today. I called him back and told him I was going to get my own financing and I will contact him again in the next week or so (true story).

Stroudman - I've eaten at that TGIF's several times. I used to live at Woodmill Apts (the big water mill in front off Akers Mill Rd). Small world.
  • bashabasha Posts: 2
    I have received a few offers along the following lines in the New York metro. All of the dealers are authorized MB dealers; two are certified (i.e., contain the extra year up to 100K miles), the last is not certified pre-owned (just the balance of the original warranty):

2004 C240 4 matic (AWD)
    10,000 miles
    Leather
    Metallic Paint
    Sunroof
    6 CD changer

$27,500 (certified pre-owned), $27,400 (certified pre-owed), $27,000 (not certified).

Does this price seem too high? Are the prices about to fall through the floor? Please respond asap; I'd like to finalize my decision soon. Also, are there other forums like this that show people's purchasing experience?
    I believe it is kind of high. To me, its pretty much a 2 year old car since the 06's are right around the corner with the c280. There is also an incentive or rebate the the 4matic models. I believe it is $1k. I would stay away.
  • bashabasha Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick response. My sense is that it is high (which is why I haven't bought anything yet). That said, I don't want to buy a new car, and there are reasons that I am inclined to buy a 4matic now (though, I don't have to). So, the question is, how much is a good/reasonable price to pay for a 2004 model with that kind of mileage, that is certified pre-owned? On the official MB pre-owned web site, the dealers are all asking way over that (and, I have noticed, the cars are not moving off of those websites!!). Is the right price $26K? $25K? Is anyone trying to buy a similar car and getting these types of offers from dealers?