Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Love the car and the price.

Black/Black 37550
    Lighting Pkg 790
    rear side airbags 385
    Sun Roof pkg 1790
    Total MSRP 41290
    Invoice: 38454
    Paid: 38428 + free 4 years maintenance (600 dollars value)
    $ Discount: 2861

There is where all the fun begins :)
  • dfc3dfc3 Posts: 87
    Great! Did you test drive the C280 as well - or just the C350?
  • otkaotka Posts: 3
    That is an incredible deal! What state are you in?

Also, I'm curious as to why the 4 year maintenance has only $600 value ($150/year). What's the maintenance frequency for a MB? (I'm not a MB owner yet)
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    The current book calls for servicing once a year, or 13k miles, whichever comes first. As usual, there are some items that are time-dependent - coolant, brake fluid, air filters.

For four years, $600 won't cover it at most urban dealerships.
  • I ordered my C350 on 9/29/05. I was just advised it won't be built until sometime in December. My dealer offered my deposit back, but I have not made my decision yet.
  • shankyshanky Posts: 36
    I ordered my C350 Luxury on 9/1, it was confirmed as built on 9/23 at Bremen, and till 10/14 it was waiting for a boat ride to LA. I expect delivery by end of Nov. I guess the most painful part is that the shipping takes so long...I am surprised why you were told that production would take more than 2 months!

By the way, are these advances/deposits refundable at all MB dealerships?
    Every dealer has their own policy, but I have never heard of a situation where a deposit wasn't fully refundable, even when the reason for pulling out of a deal was pretty bizarre. It's just not good business to hold the customer at gunpoint - you always hope you'll get him back.
  • I had a bad feeling when I placed my order, since MB had just announced a big layoff at the C class assembly plant. I hope the new CEO gets things turned around quickly.
    The cutbacks are not "layoffs"; most of the staff reductions [which were long overdue - you really need to visit a German car factory, ANY German car factory, to understand why that is true] are going to be through attrition.

There is absolutely no reason why Daimler shouldn't join the 21st century in their manufacturing practices; every Japanese car maker has been running rings around the Germans in manufacturing efficiency for 30 years. Worry if you want - the C280 is on my short list of cars I want to own.
  • stv6stv6 Posts: 1
    Anyone know if dealers in Dallas will go below MSRP for the 2006 C230 Sport? I keep getting the story that no dealers in Dallas will move. Best I could find was $500 under, and that was not through Mercedes.
  • carynccarync Posts: 14
    In RDU, NC the MB dealer came off MSRP by $1200 on a lease deal
    ...is a peculiar market for these kinds of cars. The "Prices Paid..." forum for the new Lexus IS has been dominated recently by a long discussion about the unwillingness of the Dallas dealers to actually deal - buyers have been going to FLA and getting $2500 off on ISes that are going for MSRP in Dallas.

This isn't the first time I've heard these kinds of stories - sounds like too much loose money running around in Dallas, so people are willing to spend whatever it takes. Don't expect to get much of a deal on an MB there, either. These cars are routinely discounted $1500 and up in coastal urban markets - but you have to be willing to do some e-mailing, phoning, and potentially, traveling.
  • Considering buying a C230 sport sedan...dont know much about them except that they are pretty and maybe not quite big enough for the whole family (3 kids)..??..also, have no idea what the best price out there would be...advice? :confuse:
    Don't know how old the kids are, but no, I would say this is not a car for a family of 5 traveling together. While the C is roomier than either the BMW 3er or Lexus IS in back, I would not contemplate carrying three kids back there in any of these cars. Don't even know if the latch arrangements would accommodate same, but then I'm childless and retired, and know from nothing about child seats, etc.

If you have $30k to spend, I can think of better alternatives - the Toyota Avalon [don't laugh, the car handles and goes in its new iteration that was just introduced], Ford 500, the new Buick Lucerne, if a sedan is preferred over a minivan or SUV. The wagon version of the Saab 9-3, which is just coming into our market, is another one that comes to mind.
  • does anyone know what the residual rates for an '06 c230 would be for 24mo and 36mo with 12K miles?

how much should i expect to pay over invoice in texas?

is the $3000 rebate true on e-class?
    Can't answer the first two, but there are no "rebates" on any Mercedes. There is a $3000 dealer incentive that applies to some Es that are financed through the MB finance arm - that is not a rebate, and the dealer can and will decide how much of that he wants to share with the customer. MB has never done rebates [like Honda, which has the same policy] - dealer incentives are common, though - at the moment, the E is the only car that seems to have anything on it. And this doesn't apply to the diesel E.

There are some "incented" lease offers on the table right now, but the numbers don't excite me - buying the car with a reasonable negotiated discount usually works better.
  • Anybody can help me out how much I should pay for this configration. I'm in WA by the way. Thanks!

C230
    Base price: 29200
    desctination: 775
    V6 2.5l
    Automatic: 1390
    driver's seat pkg: 600
    Sun roof pkg: 1790
    blank/blank

Total invoice: 31447
    Total MSRP: 33755
    Blue book: 32390
    ============================
    What can we get at this point end of the year?
    In WA, your expectations probably top out at about $1500-$1800 off MSRP; if you were willing to go to California to buy it, especially SoCal, you could land it for close to invoice.

We still have friends and family in CA, so unless things change, I think in terms of CA prices when I think about buying a new car; NW dealers tend to be uncompetitive and unwilling to do much for you. You pay the CA sales tax, and then get a credit for it when you register the car in WA - differences are minor. For example, here in Clark County [Vancouver] we will soon be paying 8.1% - typical Bay Area sales tax is around 8.25%, more than offset by the greater discounts available.

Do some e-mailing and see what you come up with; I predict that the difference between the best you can do in WA and the best you can do in CA will be well over $1000.
  • thanks jrct. Never bought luxury car before. It appears luxury cars do not have seasonal incentives like others. So we are not in hurry at all. just keeping looking until a dealer is willing to give a good deal. also considering audi a4. BMW let us down in terms of their 3 series new design, especially the rear light looking.
  • wmquanwmquan Posts: 1,817
    It appears luxury cars do not have seasonal incentives like others.

Perhaps not seasonal, but there are incentives. I'm actually surprised the C-class hasn't received significant incentives from MB yet, like the E-class. But they may come.