Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am in Southern California and started shopping around for 2008 C300 Sport quotes. Some dealers quoted $500 above invoice, but the quote is $900 higher than what Edmunds is saying is the invoice price? I can match the MSRP exactly according to my vehicle build, but the internet sites like Edmund invoice price seems to be off from what dealers call the "invoice price"?
  • orbitwhite,
    there's a $300-$500 IRG participation fee that's in the dealer's true invoice. I confirmed this by viewing the true invoice when I purchased mine. It's a marketing fee the dealers pay MB. It varies by by region w/CA having the highest IRG fees. It was $500 at the dealer I purchased from in the bay area. Edmund's invoice only reflects the destination charge and not the IRG participation as that can vary by region, vehicle, etc.
  • I can confirm the IRG in bay area is $500. Just put a down payment on my 300 Sport for $300 over invoice. Car is in transit.

Anyone has any idea what MB dealer charges for extended warranty? Any other dealer offers I should seriously consider?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    Take your time and ask around using the internet on the extended warranty. They are heavily discounted by some dealers, but you have to do some digging to get the lowest price. DO NOT commit to this in the heat of the moment in the F & I office - you have a year or 12k miles before you have to do anything [you can go even longer than that, but then the price does go up].

In bygone days, the place to start was the dealership in Chico, CA...they had the lowest prices on the warranty. Don't know if that's still true...

In any case, remember you can buy it from ANY authorized dealer in the nation...it has an MSRP just like the car, and will be discounted even more.
  • Can't get an internet quote since I live in Calif:

"The State of California has passed legislation that prohibits quoting or selling extended service contracts (extended warranties) to California residents by anyone other than the selling automobile dealer. In order to comply with this legislation of your state, we are unable to provide price quotes or offer to sell extended service contracts to California residents".

Anyone with MB dealer extended warranty quotes will be appreicated.
  • i'm also looking for a c300 lease, what NJ dealer?
  • I purchased from a bay area dealer. An additional 2yr/50k mile extended warranty was around $2300. I opted not to purchase it as I wasn't sure if that was a competitive price. I was informed the prices are about the same at other MB dealerships, but I haven't been able to confirm if that's accurate.
  • be325be325 Posts: 91
    We put 1k deposit. The basic C300 Lux with metallic paint. The taxable amount is $32,311 [plus sales tax, county tax, tag & tittle $2,188.00)]. We think 34.5k OTD was an OK deal, in comparison with what others are paying.
  • Where did you get this? I added up, the total msrp is $40,660. That is $3300 off Msrp. Can you share more info? I am looking for one similar.Thanks.
    Jeff
    Jeff, how did you arrive to $40,660?
    We told the man that our budget was $34,500 OTD. He then worked the deal backwards and there were several discounts, including $1,000 loyalty discount. We started some time ago with the EDP (Euro Delivery Plan) and then, when the difference between EDP and local purchase became less and less, we decided not to bother with the EDP (we are going to Europe anyway).
    Go to www.mbusa.com and try to build one without any options except the metalic paint. This is a stripped-down C300 Lux. It would be $700 less if we got white but the car looks better (to us) in silver. There was nothing on the lot for less than 36,000 as ALL cars had "Packages" and/ or add-ons. I hope this helps.
    The dealer is in Clearwater, FL.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,410
    he wasn't replying to your post. If you look under his post title and above his post text, you can see the link to the post he was replying to.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

You're right gbrosen.
    Thanks
  • Was the $1,000 loyalty discount an additional rebate/incentive? Before I purchased my C300, I checked both online and w/the dealer for loyalty incentives. I was advised by the dealer that MB wasn't offering any loyalty incentives or rebates. Was it a dealer discount and not an MB incentive?
    I think it was at the discretion of the sales manager ... to close the sale. After a few email exchanges with the salesman (who was insisting on higher $ numbers), the sales manager sent email to us stating that he (not M-B) would subtract another 1k as a loyalty bonus. The whole thing was negotiated via email.
    We were told (when we signed the papers) that our car will arrive late December or early January.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    I'm sure that extended warranty rule is Florida, not California and the dealer that sent you that message is confused.
    I have received extended warranty quotes from various dealers for other cars in California this year.
  • empsemps Posts: 2
    Picked up my new c300 4matic sport in NJ last week. Got a great deal on it. P2, MM, Pano roof, iPod, Teleaid, all weather mats for $2500 below msrp. Came out to $500 over invoice, plus they had the exact spec on the lot. :D
  • Hey peps I am looking to get a C-300 4matic with the multimedia pkg, pre 1 pkg. anyone out there know a dealer that is willing to deal. I don't want to lease.
    thanks in advance.
  • Does anyone have a good lease price they got from a dealer on a c300 Manual w/P1?. The price I'm getting here in MD is $460 w/$3k out-the-door. However, Edmund's is showing the same car could be had for $399 w/$3900 due at signing which is only $900 more. Something doesn't makes sense.
  • Hello,

I am in the market for C300 in NJ. Still haven't decided btwn IS 250 and C300 but almost leaning toward C300. Would you mind sharing dealership info? Please email me at easynone@gmail.com. Thank you.
  • Here in Long Island, a few dealers offer pretty much similar deals. I got the following quote from two dealers (Huntington and Smithtown): C300 Lux 4matic P1 and MM, MSRP $40200, 15K, 39 month, 0.0028 MF, no money down, monthly payment is $620.
    Hope it helps.
  • Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington has the best selection and price. The manager I talked to was Danny Santos and their price is anywhere from $500 - $1000 over invoice depending on options and equipment on a C-300 and C350.
    You can find his info at www.mblynnwood.com under "contact us".
  • I am negotiating with a dealer in CT for the following:

2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD with the following options -
    Iridium Silver Color,
    Sport Package and
    Premium 1 Package - MSRP of 37,325 including destination charge.
    Invoice Price per carsdirect.com - 34,766

The current offer that I have from one of the dealers in the area for this vehicle is 35,200.

Is this a good deal? Should I be able to do any better?

TIA.
    Folks at Lokey in Clearwater ( FL) treated us very well. We ordered Palladium Silver, with black interior c300 Lux in October and put our deposit in November. On December 22, they told us that the car was ready for delivery. We were happy with the purchase and the total came to 31,772 plus taxes and other things ... OTD $34,700 (this figure included installation of the Sport Grille which we also ordered ahead of time.) Lokey treated us well throughout the process. So finally, we wrote the check, completed dozens of forms and got the keys. It was at that time that we were told by the sales manager (Courtney) that Lokey was giving us a present! We thought it was a box of sweets. ......the car had the Premium Package 1 worth $1400.00! Needless to say, our buying experience was excellent even before but this was a real surprise.
    If you go to Lokey, ask for Mr. Courtney.
  • Has anyone test drove a c300 6-speed manual ? I've called all the dealerships all over the LA area and no one has it at this time. How did you like it? Did they quote you under MSRP for the car? Thanks for your help in advance.
  • They will sell this 2007 C280W to me w/ all the options below for $28,900. Car has 1210 miles on it (was a demo model, never titled).

C280W
    $33,400
    Black
    Black MB Tex
    ***** STANDARD ACCESSORIES *****
    H05 High Gloss Laurel Wood Trim
    K12 Factory Code
    K14 Factory Code
    R20 C-Wagon 805 Wheel
    U12 Floormats
    07Q Factory Code
    Super Plush Floor Mats
    Power Passenger Seat w/Memory
    License Plate Holder
    Delete Elegance Badging
    Power Dr Seat/Steering Col w/Memory
    Ashtray
    Cup Holders
    7-Speed Automatic Transmission
    English Inscriptions
    Emission Equipment
    Paint Protection
    Double Sun Visors
    Anti-Theft Alarm System
    Seats: (Top Tether Anchor)
    Climate Control-Manual
    First Aid Kit
    Collective Code
    Sea Packing & Dispatch
    Heavy Duty Battery
    Spare Wheel (Mini)
    Remote Key w/Panic Button
    2007 Registration Year
    Cooling Amplifier
    Elegance Edition

***** OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES *****
    320 Entertainment Package: CD Changer, h
    $1,460
    387 : Cell Phone Prewiring
    536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    Page 2
    810 : Harman/Kardon Sound System
    819 : 6-Disc CD Changer
    324 Sunroof Package: Glass Sunroof, Powe
    $1,790
    232 : Garage Door Opener
    249 : Autodimming Mirror
    345 : Rain Sensor Wipers
    414 : Glass Sunroof
    540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    Radio Audio 20 w/Single CD
    Heated Front Seats
    $680
    SUBTOTAL
    $37,330
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY
    $775
    TOTAL
    $38,105
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    I got more than $10k off MSRP on my 07 C350 in late August. There's probably a few more bucks left in your deal. One caveat: if you have small children, make sure to check that the car has child safety locks on the rear doors. My C Class doesn't and my three-year-olds figured it out in the first five minutes. I didn't realize the car didn't have them until the first time they opened the doors at speed. Good luck!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,100
    Really? A 4-door Mercedes without safety locks on the back doors?

I'm stunned.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I was incredulous when I discovered that it doesn't have the child safety locks. It's got the LATCH system, side airbags and just about every other safety feature, but no safety locks on the rear doors. There is a small hole where the switch for it should be, but it's not for safety locks. I called three different dealers just to make sure and they were all as surprised as I was.

I spoke with the GM of the dealer where I bought the car and he advised me that Mercedes thinks it's more important that you can escape from the car after an accident...I'm still skeptical.
    We have C300 and we programed the system that all doors lock automatically at 9mph. Our adult guests couldn't open their doors until I (the driver) opened my door.
    My locks are set the same way. However, the kids can pull up the lock buttons and unlock the door at any time. On the 08 models, the buttons are located toward the front of the door while the 07 has them adjacent to the kids' heads-- making them an easy reach from a booster seat. I was going to twist the buttons off, but the MB tech told me that the metal base would stick up anyway. I'm about to put Vaseline on the darn things so I don't have to trade the car in before my kids grow out of this phase.