Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• carabelcarabel Posts: 43
    Someone got a 1,000 loyalty bonus according to one of the past threads. In any event, no urgency. Let's see how the competition plays out and what MB is prepared to do to keep their existing customers within their brand name.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    That was exactly my point - that post referred to dollars that the dealer kicked in, not to any organized effort on the part of MBUSA. That the dealer decided this was a "loyalty bonus" is strictly semantics - rather than refer to it as just.... ahem.... a discount.

As always, as the model year starts to wane, and the economy wanes as well, I expect MBUSA will be at the table with incentive money - it's about as inevitable as the sun coming up. But not right now.
    Yes, right you are regarding competition. Since you are so knowledgeable, how much wiggle room does one have with an MB trade for 2006 C230 outside of KBB. Car only has 24K miles vs mostly 30K miles that our local dealer have on their lots for certified pre-owned. They are selling those CPO's for 29K or so. Car is in excellent condition. I'm happy with the MB brand despite some seemingly negative reliability reviews, ie squeaky brakes and don't have a problem with the current 2006 C230. Competition is starting to look pretty attractive with better reliability numbers. With the C300 a new release - it gives me a slight pause. So it all boils down to pricing.
    Well, a couple of points come to mind:

-Don't look for anything from a dealer in excess of KBB wholesale for any car in trade. It won't happen.
    -Don't be deceived by their asking prices on CPO cars - that's a starting point for the inevitable negotiations. The extra warranty might be worth $1k or so...otherwise, bargaining starts from KBB wholesale and moves up until the right number is found; they can ask $29k until the cows come home, but that doesn't get it sold at that price.
    -Our '08 C300 Lux has 6k miles, and 7 months under its belt. So far, there have been no issues, and the driving experience is truly a step up from the W203 C - smoother, quieter, much better handling, just better all around. From my monitoring of several online forums, the car has been remarkably problem-free in its first year - I don't know where you're reading "negative reliability reviews" - it's been at least as reliable as its German competition, all of which are seasoned cars. I've heard of 3 issues, none of which have affected us so far: the squeaky brakes, some cars with wind noise [seems to be related to door seals], and a problem with snow getting into the heater blower if it's allowed to accumulate on the outside air intake. And so far, all of these are clearly among a minority of owners.

You have to decide for yourself, of course....in large urban markets, no one seems to have to struggle to get 5% or a bit more off MSRP on a new W204 C. I had to pay MSRP because I wanted the car last August [ours was the first production car delivered in the NW region] so we could have it for a long road trip. I have no regrets about the car or what we paid.
  • sperrysperry Posts: 14
    The MSRP for the above is $44,400 and invoice is 41,351. Your over $2,000 over invoice. In my opinion you should be able to do better.

I ordered mine in December and it arrives this week. I paid $1,000 over invoice and have heard of people getting it down to $500 over invoice. There are many dealers in NY that you can do comparisons with. The only issue I see is this vehicle was a custom order which means no Dealer Holdback so they may be trying to recoop the loss.

Just my 2 cents.
  • sperrysperry Posts: 14
    There is also the Dealer Holdback. The dealer Holdback is applied to vehicles that are sold from the dealers inventory. It is anywhere from 1-3% that is paid to the dealer from the manufacturer. Not sure what Mercedes percentage is.

The Dealer Holdback does not apply for Custom Ordered Vehicles.

So if you custom order a vehicle and negotiate a selling price of $500 over invoice the dealers only profit is the $500. They may try to make up some of the profit in the financing, so be careful. Know the numbers before you talk to any dealer.

This is what I was told several years ago so if this is incorrect my appologies.
    Thanks for your points. Like I said I like MB brand and our C230 was problem free. Reliability issues are statistically more prevalent on new car designs or any new releases. I'll keep you posted on how I get on with this trade. But I am prepared to walk away from MB if we can't agree with pricing. After all, BMW has a nicer shade of blue - in my opinion only. And pretty sure BMW will be only be too happy to take my trade for one of their comparable models. And we like to switch the cars out every 3 years fully owned not lease.
    ... is finally home. C300 Sport with Capri blue metallic, P01, Multimedia, automatic. She looked lean and mean and positively gorgeous as she came up our driveway. A bit late to take her for a joyride but she'll get plenty of showtime over the next few days. Thanks for your threads, it made getting a deal on this one more fun and adventurous. With MSRP of 38925, the best we can do is settle for a little under invoice and 38K OTD inclusive of a 20K trade on a C230 2006. And I'm happy to have done this deal with our hometown dealer in FL who was very polite and professional as expected of MB dealerships. I hope the car will be as trouble free as the C230.

Carabel
  • tom215tom215 Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm new with this forum. Please tell me did you get the car? If yes, what dealer ship and what did you pay for it. Thanks TP :)
    I'm looking for a C 300 Sport 4 Matic in black, with P01 Package, Im in MD_VA area. What do you guy paid for, and what dealer??? Please let me know I need to buy it next week.
    Thank You
  • drew207drew207 Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if the dealer holdback applies to a vehicle that is transferred in from another dealer?
    Dealers do deals differently at different times. No current incentives on any C right now, so price the car with options, etc., look at invoice and make a fair offer to the dealer. If the car is on their lot already, you may fare better. Some people have gotten roughly 1K below invoice. They add on a 595 dealer fee plus registration and title - about $200 for those. Tax is based on the sell price so the lower it is, the less your tax is.
  • drew207drew207 Posts: 4
    Pulled the trigger today:

C300 Luxury 4Matic
    Black over Savannah Leather (leather was hard to find)
    P2
    iPod adapter
    MSRP $40,600
    Price $38,600

Leasing the car and agreed that dealer would extend the money factor at the buy rate. Waiting for April numbers to come out, expect they will either stay the same or go down, am very confident they won't increase.

If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post the final numbers, but expect payment to be in the $525 neighborhood with no down payment and just typical drive off fees and tax as total due at signing.
    Just got it today, she looks really nice and mean, esecially with sport grill. Got it with 300 Lux,4 matic model and changed lux grill to sport grill, black ext. Because my wife love the wood and cashmere int.. Got it for $36,325.00 OTD. MSRP is $37,735.00 in Silver Spring, MD.
    Be very carefull with Finance Dept. Here is what was happen to me when I did not pay attention to numbers. As i said got it for $36325 OTD, mean tax, tag, fees, grill ect...included. Guess what??? Lady at finance office put this numbers($36,325.00) and tax, fees and everthings in and make it total of $38,727. After signed all papers. On the way home, my wife saw it and we came back to dealer and have them take it off. So be carefull.
  • jelly5jelly5 Posts: 3
    hey guys,
    I got my car early thursday morning and still feel like this story isn't true or seems to good to be true. This is my first Mercedes Benz and to be honest I now can tell why Mercedes Benz is Mercedes Benz. All i get is the necks turning and the stares of people looking at the car, and this is New York City. It feels good!!!! The panorama roof on my white beauty really stands out. I also had tints installed last sunday which makes its stand out even more. Nothing can explain the feeling of when my sales rep introduced me to the car. Its a memory that cant be forgotten. The car runs great, and the features are so easy to use and so up to date. If you guys really are undecided about this car, I hope that this post makes up your mind.

car description:
    C350 ( White )
    Panorama Roof
    P2
    18" Twin Spoke Alloys
    Multimedia
    Congratulations. Some people won't drive anything but an MB. Wouldn't even look at others. The reason, lots of luxuries out there which are quite noticeably nice but you only notice the car. But only MB has the brand recognition that extends to the driver. You see a benz on the road and you get curious as to who's driving it. I think MB is a great choice for that reason ... or so they say, you've arrived !
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Posts: 37
    HI, do you have any other information on how the $1500 incentive from MBCA can be utilized? I assume it can't be applied towards purchase or lease of vehicle?

Thank you.

Henry in Miami, FL
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Posts: 37
    I would like to know the kind of gas mileage owners are experiencing. Also interested if there are any issues besides the brakes.

Current lease on E320 CDI is due to expire. Thinking of moving down to C300 until the new CDI is released now delayed to 2010.

Appreciate any feedback/comments.
    As far as I know, the MBCA/MBUSA "gift card" comes in the form of an Amex debit card, which can be used at any MB dealership for whatever that dealership is willing to sell you - in other words, if their F&I department is willing to take the card as a down payment, you could use it to buy another MB, or the extended warranty, or whatever. The intent, I think, is for the card to be used for parts and service, but each dealership can decide on its own.

There is a one year limit on the card, but word is that a phone call to American Express will get it extended.

This is all by word of mouth - I've seen nothing in writing about the limitations or extendability of the card.

Remember, to be eligible, you have to have been an MBCA member for at least a continuous year, and file the claim within 60 days of buying a car.
    Our C300 Lux, with 6000 miles, gets 20-22 mpg in local suburban shopping runs, and 25-29 mpg on longer freeway runs. Pure highway driving will be between 27-30 mpg, depending on all the usual variables.

We have had no issues with our car [August '07 delivery, June build from the Bremen plant].