Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greasykid1greasykid1 Posts: 336
    The process is explained at the back of the latest issue of the "STAR"--club magazine
  • edljiledljil Posts: 6
    Hi, everybody. I am hunting a C300 Sport sedan with prem I, leather and auto trans.
    Does anybody have some experience? How much over invoice should I expect?

Any experience is appreciated.
  • carabelcarabel Posts: 43
    I'll make an offer for 1K BELOW invoice and go from there. If the car that you want is already on the lot, all the better. If not, then you can offer 500 below invoice to start.
  • edljiledljil Posts: 6
    Thank you for your information, carabel.

Is there any body purchased one? What is your price?

Thanks!
    38K inclusive of all fess - out the door. C300 Sport automatic with capri blue metallic, P01, multimedia options included. Exact spec on lot already. Deal made in FL.
  • qbccaqbcca Posts: 1
    When you say ALL FEES, do you mean that the sale tax was also included. If yes, what is the percentage of sale tax in Florida?
    Yes 38K out the door - all taxes, dealer fees, destination fees, registration fees included. FL sales tax is 6%. Easier to for me to say this is the max I'll pay for a car including everything - out the door. You give them X money, you sign, dealer hand the keys and you drive in your beautiful car. Up to them to figure out what part of the money pays for which.
  • kevisionkevision Posts: 2
    Hello everyone!
    I'm just curious if I got a good price on my new C-class. I purchased a 2008 C 300 Sport 4 matic with P1, Multi media, ipod, and metallic silver paint. I paid 38,865.00. The dealer matched my carmax quote for my old car of 12,500 (a 2003 c240), and took it as a trade in. The balance financed was 26,500,00 of which i have to pay taxes on (about 1400.00). So, did I get an okay deal, or totally ripped off? I received financing through MB with a rate of 5.3%. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any responses.

k
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,918
    What was the MSRP of your new car?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kevisionkevision Posts: 2
    thank you for responding! the MSRP was 41,100.00
  • donaldsamdonaldsam Posts: 5
    I got a great deal from Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington several months ago on the new C-Class and decided to purchase another one for my daughter.
    I worked with the Fleet Manager, Danny Santos, since he gave me a great price on my last purchase.
    I purchased the vehicle below dealer invoice.
    The buying experience was great and stress free, no haggle no hassle.
    I'd recommend anyone in the Pacific Nowrthwest buying a Mercedes, who wants to save time and money, to work with Danny at the dealership.

Their website is www.mblynnwood.com

You can find his info under the Contact Us section of the website.
  • veeseshveesesh Posts: 2
    I am planning to get a new 2008 Mercedes C-300 Sport Sedan 4-MATIC with premium P1 package. I would like to know whether the one you got is 4-MATIC.

Thanks,
    Sesh
  • Hi, I just leased a C350 Sport with multi-media and AMG wheel upgrade in Houston, TX on May 17th. The finance mgr. said that the money factor was .00290 on the C350 this month ( I thought it was .00255 or .00275) and that money factors are different for each city or state, is this true? She said the new money factors came out 2 weeks ago. Could you please tell me if I got a good deal? (I did a 51 month lease to keep my payments down) Here are the numbers for the deal. Also, if it wasn't a good deal, can I go back to the dealer and talk with the General Manager if the finance person lied about the money factor? Thanks for your help!

C350 Sport - Black/Black, Multimedia and AMG Wheel Upgrade
    MSRP $41,725
    Sell Price $39221
    Acquistion Fee $1095
    Money Factor .00290
    Term 51 months/12K miles per year
    Amount Paid at Lease Signing $1000 ( 1st month pymt and fees)
    Monthly Pymt $622.73
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    got a great deal from Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington several months ago on the new C-Class and decided to purchase another one for my daughter

So that means you and your daughter both drive a C class :confuse:

The C350?

How is the driving feel road fell experience comfort etc etc
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Posts: 425
    Selling Price/Cap Cost looks good.

Acquisition fee was marked up $300 (dealer profit).

.00290 appears correct for a 51 mo term. You have to remember that rates typically rise the further you extend the term. For example, a 24 mo. mf is .00230, as opposed to a 60 mo mf of .00330 on this vehicle.

Unfortunately, there is no lease support on this particular trim level and therefore, other than a few extra hundred dollars they made from the acquisition fee, they gave you pretty much a straight-up deal with the numbers they had to work with.

No reason to go back to the dealership to make a fuss - the payment fits your budget and it's an awesome car - now enjoy the next 51 months in your new Benz.
  • veeseshveesesh Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a black, C300 sport sedan, 4 MATIC with P1 options. Anyone got this car recently? If so, can you let me know how much you got it for? (the out-the-door price) I would like to know whether the price my dealer is quoting is right. I live in Boston area. It would great if you can let me know where you got, so it will be easier for me to calculate the tax difference too.

Thanks.
  • Thank you so much for your response, I feel much better now!!! :)
  • kboxdkboxd Posts: 6
    I have quoted for a steel gray metallic C350 2008 base model for $34,247, before taxes and fees, over the phone. How much should I negotiate down at the dealer? Thanks for all your input.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    Since that is $900 below invoice, If it wre me, I'd go down to the dealer and sit at their door until they open.... However, the plus fees would be worrisome. Then I would take that price and then tell them you want to lease the car for 27 months at the reduced C leasing rates.

The 2009 will be at your dealers next month....with power tilt/extend steering column and perhaps wood grain interior.

Note: I would not buy a new C without the multimedia package which is state of the art as far as I've seen.
  • Does anyone here judge a deal by 'cost per mile'?

For instance if I were to lease a C300 for 27months at 10,000miles per year, I would be essentially paying close to $15,000 for 22,500miles which comes to $0.67 per mile. Not including gasoline of course.

Is this acceptable?

I can appreciate the prestige and luxuries of a fine German vehicle, but I'd like to think I'm practical also.