Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• glfanglfan Posts: 13
    Just got quoted a deal with a lease factor of .00166. MBWorld shows 0.00095. Huge difference in prices($50/month). Which is correct? Did anyone get quoted 0.00095 this month?
  • I'm quite sure the money factor is .00159. I just leased a c300 and that is the money factor they used. I'm in Boston though...not sure if that makes a difference.
  • Let me know if this is a good deal. I live in central NJ
    2010 C300 4matic (automatic)
    Premium Pkg 1 (heated seats and moonroof)
    Multimedia (Navigation plus couple other tech things)

I got 37k plus TTL.

Should I buy? I have already put $100 deposit
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Find out MSRP of the car and calculate invoice. This way you'll know the difference between Dealer cost and price they offered you. And go from there...
  • Are you financing the car or leasing? Whats the MSRP of the car? Let me know
  • I ended up buying the following

C300 4matic black on black p2, multimedia and panoramic roof
    MSRP: 45715
    Paid: 39000 + TTL with 1.9% APR

Good deal?

I have offer to take 4 year hassle free maintenance for $1000. Should I take it?

Thanks
    Sanjeev
    edited March 2010
    Mercedes-Benz Financial just came out with much better specials in March. You can lease C300 Sport with about $800 less out of pocket and have $30 less per each monthly payment, and $50 less for C300 4Matic monthly payment. Also they lowered special APR for long term financing. MB Financial cut they lease and finance rates across all models, especially GLK and CLS Class.

You can view all the special deals here:March, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials vs. February. You can also compare the difference between March vs. February improvements.

Anyone, who was waiting for the good deals - now is time!
  • Just got a C300 sport 4MATIC black/black
    p2, multimedia, burl walnut wood, panoramic
    MSRP: 45715 Paid: 41000+TTL
    Not as good deal as others' here but still 1k under invoice
  • Dealer is asking $23,995. Is this a reasonable price? Has 32K miles on it. Was also looking a 328i but flat run tires are a turn off and I read many bad reviews on them. Also test drove Audi A4 but bad reviews on oil consumption.

The reviews on the C class seem very positive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    2007 could be 4 year model, you have to check the original date of sale. Also if you finance new 2010 C300 - you can get as low as 1.9% APR, but 2007 model should get aprox. 6-7% APR. So if you finance - you might spend overall more for what you get.

Original warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. So you will have 0 or 1 year/8k miles left. However, if this car is MB Certified - then you'll have 1 or 2 years/68k miles left. + certified means the car is extra clean and has clean history.

You can research prices on Certified pre-owned Benz anywhere in USA here: Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned anywhere in USA - so you can have an idea of pricing. Just wait a few seconds until it loads in real time.
  • What dealer is this if I may know ?
  • debraaz1debraaz1 Posts: 10
    I am in So Fl and 2 dealers in palm beach and in delray are honoring this lease I found on the rebates incentives page yesterday( I think it changed today) any way, Do you think it should include tax, title and tags in the $459?
    I am new to this and need help- what questions should I ask- money factor?
    residual-
    does anyone know what I should ask for and if I could get more options so I am nt baited and switched.?
    I don't want to wind up paying more than I should thanks
    Here it is what was listed :
    $459 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $0 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions The Sign and Drive lease is based on the equipped with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package (P1) and MSRP of $40,275. Dealer contribution of $1,680 is required for the $459 lease special. Dealer is responsible for the first monthly payment. See dealer for details.
    Comments $0 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
    Where did you get this deal from? Dealer? If not - you should contact dealerships directly for a quotes. Contact more than 1, first by e-mail, so they will compete for your business. There are 26 MB dealerships in Florida, so its very competitive State.

To make your life simpler, ask for: how much is TOTAL drive - off (total amount out of pocket - all inclusive) and TOTAL monthly payment (including tax). This way you don't need to negotiate any fees, taxes and bank interest separately. Whoever gives you the lowest payments - wins!
    I found the deal on Edmunds . I clicked all incentives and rebates . All car makes were listed and I clicked on the c-class lease deal, and there it was- Both dealers had to have me email the deal and they both said it is valid.'
    So you think I should send the link to all 26 dealers and see who can do the best.
    One dealer told me the offer did not include tax, tags and title, without a cost. The other hasn't gotten to cost yet.
    I want someone to also include all maintainence and whatever else they can do to get the deal. It's better than the leases I saw on the same link yesterday, but since my offer runs till 3/31. I am ok.
    Also, I want to register the car in MD and tax is prepaid to make it more confusing. Any advise helps. On this kind of offer, does it matter what the cost of the car is and the residual?
    What I'm saying is: do not make offers to dealers, based on any information that you have seen anywhere. It's the same thing as playing poker with the open cards. Any info that you have - keep to yourself and don't reveal it.

Make dealers to open their cards first, by making an offer to you and not vice versa. Then you can judge their offer, by the information that you had before.

What if this dealer was ready to offer $50 less per month? But because you made first offer - they would quietly agree or even try to bump a little higher.

Good salesperson does not make offers. He always tries to extract the first offer from the customer using techniques like: " I don't know if I can do it, but if it was possible - can we make a deal right now?" Basically, he goes for your commitment to buy, instead of giving you a commitment to sell. That's how he makes money.

While you can't change Residual (unless you change mileage), you can and should negotiate the selling price. The lower the selling price - the lower monthly payment, because the Residual calculates from the MSRP (which does not change).
    thanks storm 10. I will email the exact car secs out to all So Fl dealers and see where thy come back to me. THis offer I emailed to you is for a 4WD and I don't need one in Florida. I am glad I only have to do this every 3 years.
  • Hi, I leave in South FL and am in the same situation but can lease only in May. Do you mind sharing with me the prices you get? email is ziyonim58@aol.com
    Thanks. P.S I understand if you do not wish to do it.
  • benytonbenyton Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2010 C350 with multimedia package for 38100 (dealer included mudguards and all season floor mats). I'm in northern california and shopped online first, then gave the local dealer the best offer and they beat that by a couple hundred. Researched edmunds, truecar and KBB to get an idea for what others were paying. Seemed like a reasonable offer with 1.9% financing for 36 months. What do you all think?
    What was MSRP of the car?
    MSRP was $43,275. Truecar gives an estimate of anything under $38,861 being a good deal. So thought it was a definite go at the time!
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Posts: 11
    The invoice on the car is 40,307. If you subtract the holdback (1298.25), you get a cost of 39008.75.

How did you get them to go 900 under that cost??? Thank You for sharing.
    Actually invoice is $40,907. You can calculate the exact and real invoice (not approximate) here: Mercedes Invoice calculator.
    So its $2,807 under invoice! This sounds impossible or mistake. If you can get $1,700 under invoice on C350 - you should take it.
    Unless he took some kind of employee program deal or some incentives, that are not available to regular people....
    Thanks for the price info. I couldn't quite figure out the actual invoice before I bought, so I just based my decision using kbb, truecar and edmunds figures. All I did was submit an online price quote request through edmunds.com to area dealerships with the specs I was looking for. I ended up with 3 quotes in 4 days; 38999, 38860 and 38300. I then went to dealership where we test drove the car (and also the closest to home) and asked if they could beat the lowest price. Lo and behold, they said they could give me 38100. All I said was throw in some all season car mats and you have yourself a deal!

I have to say, it was the easiest car purchase ever. Online shopping is definitely the way to go for me! :)
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Posts: 11
    May I ask what is the dealership name? Should I approach the internet dept?

I would love to get the same discount.
    The dealership I went to was MB of walnut creek in california. I would definitely submit an online price quote request with your specific C350 specs to several businesses first, take the best offer, and then approach the dealership. Hopefully, the prices they quote will already be within or below your intended purchase price (as was mine). Then take the best offer and ask the fleet manager (or sales rep if you already talked to someone) at the dealership and see if they can beat that offer. The rest is history!

Good luck and hope that helps!
    Congratulations,
    You got excellent deal and you had a good shopping strategy.
    Today, Mercedes-Benz extended March C-Class lease and finance specials until May 3rd. They also improved their programs and lowered rates for E, GLK, S and R Class.

Mercedes-Benz USA records March sales of 19,637 Passenger Cars and Light Truck Vehicles - which is an improvement of 25.9 Percent over March 2009, so I guess MBUSA is trying to set record sales this year. It's good, because they continue to keep low rates.

You can see all the current April specials here: April, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials vs. March, and also compare them to March specials - to see what changed.
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    The dealer is telling me to get a 4-matic C300 instead of a regular one because the lease for a 4-matic is cheaper than the C300 (identically equipped otherwise). Any truth to this?
    It's unusual, but true. Actually, it's not cheaper - it's almost the same. But considering that C300 4Matic is more expensive car - but if you get the same payments - it's a better deal. If you read my previous post #1086 and click on the link with specials - you'll notice, that C300 Sport and C300 4 Matic have exactly the same special lease deal: same down and the same monthly payment, but MSRP is different.

However, don't forget that 4Matic consumes a little more gas and insurance can be more expensive for a 4wheel drive. So it depends where you live and if you get snow in the winter - get 4 Matic, but if you live in So California or Florida - non 4Matic may be a better choice anyway.
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    The C300 is somewhat under powered already, with 4matic, more so. But if power is not critical, 4matic is definitely the way to go with the better lease, not just for snow countries, but for areas with frequent major storms.