Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dthorn1dthorn1 Posts: 17
    update:

C300RWD
    premium 1
    multimedia package
    keyless go
    walnut wood trim
    autotransmission

OTD: $38, 818

sounds like a deal? anyone? can I ask for maintenance to be included with this price? or is it too much to ask?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 863
    edited August 2010
    It would be a lot easier for someone to tell you if it's a good deal if you show the MSRP and the actual selling price.

When you say out the door, it's hard for anyone to tell what the actual selling price is.
    sorry, MSRP is $43,385
  • alkfungalkfung Posts: 2
    Wow - sounds like I found a great forum. I'm looking to purchase my first Mercedes C300 Sport 4Matic. MSRP on it is 46,145 with destination and delivery. Dealer is asking 40,607... I have a feeling they have room to move? What do you guys thing? 20%, we're looking at roughly $37k. Is that reasonable?
  • mb007mb007 Posts: 10
    20% to 24% off from MSRP is very doable with 2010 C300 now.
    are you guys talking about the selling price be 20%-24% off MSRP? or OTD price?
    edited August 2010
    Selling price. And I would say if you can get 20% off, you are doing good. Then you add sales tax, license & registration, and doc or conveyance fee. And if you are leasing, don't forget to add the acquisition fee.
  • lanamjalanamja Posts: 1
    I want to know dealership and managers name. I already sent e-mail.
    please, check you e-mail. thank you
    Hey guys,

I have a questions, can I buy a "new" car with a few hundred miles on it? The dealer said his son drove it for a couple of days. Could this be a problem?
    That considers to be an used car. It needs to certified and different warranty.
    so a brand new car would have 0 miles on it? or a few miles because of test drive?
    edited August 2010
    It is not uncommon for dealers to use cars for themselves or family members. As long as it has not been registered, it is still technically considered a new car. Should be no problem, although you should ask for a discount to compensate for the demo mileage.

Almost all cars will have some miles on them. This varies by make, but 5 to 50 miles are not uncommon.
    thx jwilliams2, but I've decided to move on because this car needs to be transported from the other coast, not worth the risk and money.
    why don't you get a car from your local dealers? Where do you live?
  • ks1977ks1977 Posts: 1
    Hi guys. I'm new to the forum...what a great find this place is. I had no idea all this information was available.

I'm new to car buying...driven lemons most of my life...buying my first nice car. Looking for a 2010 C300 sport sedan. I've been doing a little back and forth negotiating with various dealers and today was quoted a selling price that comes to 24.5% off MSRP. The car has the features I want and the only drawback is that the dealership is located an hour and a half away.

What do you guys think? Can I do better or should I be satisfied with this?
    From what I've seen people on this forum say, it seems that anything more than 20% off MSRP is pretty good. Anyone have any luck getting even more than 25% off MSRP?
    I am shopping the local dealers. But they don't have the options I want. That's why they're trying to transport cars from other places.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    I think responded to everybody by now...
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Before you buy C300, here is the question:
    Do you really know the difference between Luxury and Sport edition?

Here is the most meticulous and detailed comparison between 2 models: Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport sedan vs. Luxury sedan. It completely covers the evolution of the modern C-Class. Side by side illustrated comparison and complete breakdown of all cons and pros of each model.
    Most surprising to me was: these 2 models have actually different engines and 1 of them has ability to use other than gasoline fuel ! Must-read to anyone who considers new C-Class!
    edited August 2010
    mb007,

Thanks so much for your information, I finally drove home with my new C300 last night. The final selling price was 25.6% off MSRP. I'm pretty happy about it.

And the car is so sexy. lol.
  • Hi,

Congrats. What dealership was it? What was the MSRP please?
    Thank You,
    It's in Seattle. If you are in the area, let me know, I'll be happy to share their contact info.

MSRP was $43,965
    congratulations dthorn1.
    you are the man. Was the car made in Germany or South Africa?
    Thanks mb007.

I forgot to check that. but I think it was made in South Africa. I hardly see any Germany-made cars unless it was an EU delivery.
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    This was posted on a bmw forum yesterday. I guess there is good trunk money on leftover MY2010 C300s right now

Mercedes C300 4MATIC Sport sedan 2010
    MSRP $46,605
    Final price $34,700

Options:
    Iridium silver metallic
    Premium 1 package+Sirius satellite radio
    Multimedia package
    Rearview monitor
    7-speed auto transmission
    Keyless-go
    Panorama sunroof
    Walnut wood trim
  • mssurreymssurrey Posts: 48
    edited August 2010
    If my math is right that's around 25% off MSRP. Wow.

Any idea where this deal was available as my local dealer has quoted around 17-18% off.

Does anyone have any idea how to search the national MB inventory database as there doesn't seem to be a link on MBusa's website?
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    Mercedes is running roughly $4000-4500 in incentives right now on C Class models. Added with a typical 10%-15% off of MSRP(Mercedes have very high margins on option compared to invoice/actual prices the dealer pays), I can see prices like that.

Of note is that a C350 only actually costs $2K more than a similar C300 due to the fact that the C350 comes with equipment standard that you pay a couple of thousand extra for on the C300. Also the incentives are larger on the C350, so IMO, it's worth the extra 2K or so.

Basically get a C350 with real leather seats and wood trim and no other options. Total invoice for that would be $39,992 minus $4500 in factory to dealer incentives. Figure $36K with some profit for the dealer in the mix. A similar C300 Sport with automatic is $38,095 minus $4200 in incentives. I guarantee you'll not miss the 1mpg difference. But the extra power and resale value will more than compensate for such a small difference.
  • mssurreymssurrey Posts: 48
    plekto,

From what i understood the great lease deals are only on the C300s and not the C350s - or am I mistaken?

Can I get the $4-4.5K incentive AND 10-15% off MSRP with the C350 as well???
    Your figures are based only on the cash incentive and don't take into account any additional discount off MSRP.
    I guess what I'm saying is if it's possible to get the 20-25% (all inclusive) discount on a C350 as well? :confuse:

Does the C350 come standard with Nav and rearview camera?

My local dealer only has C300s in stock - no C350s. :(
  • taku87taku87 Posts: 1
    I was wondering what dealership you got it from. What was the MSRP ?
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    True, there are only lease deals on the C300s, and that cash is other than financing(as it has been since the dark ages in the Auto business). But, yes, 4-4.5K factory to dealer incentives plus whatever end of year/old model pricing that the dealer is throwing in to move old stock as the 2011C class models are coming in literally a week or two and they need to make room for the new stock.

But to be honest, 90%+ will charge MSRP minus $4500 and not budge one penny because they're greedy. Deals like you see posted here are often the rare exception than the rule.

Yes, I went online and found the actual invoice prices. You can work from there - add $300-$500 as a typical profit amount. The C350 Sport comes standard with automatic and luxury package 1, unlike the base C300 Sport. So it's a smaller difference than it first appears to be.

But you have to get it with almost no options at all or else the packages will literally eat you alive. Mercedes Nav is a joke, btw, as is their multimedia interface(useless to control your iPod unlike an Acura TSX. Their leather is actually hardly any better than the MB Tex(massive step down from the real full-grain leather in the S class), and the rear-view camera isn't needed as long as you have the rear spoiler(it gives you a perfect idea where the rear end is when parking)

Just get the wood trim, rear spoiler, and pretty much nothing else. LED lights and other idiocy isn't worth the silly prices. But as it is, the basic C350 Sport is a fine car that nothing GM or Japan makes the likes of. It hits that nice sweet spot that Volvo used to occupy 10-15 years ago. A bit luxurious, yet with a proper refined ride at the same time. A great small highway cruiser and decent family vehicle all in one(new Volvos somehow lost that magic...)
  • alkfungalkfung Posts: 2
    Do yu guys think the factory incentives are still good in Sept? I'm way out on business in Hong Kong and won't return untl Sept...