Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfnotaryjfnotary Posts: 4
    Thanks rach4.....prior to me going there last Monday, I made it very clear to my salesman, that there if they are thinking they can change any portion of the deail that will be to my disadvantage, that I will not agree to it and I had no problem returning the car.

It's just now (a week later), that I'm finally enjoying my car....thanks again :-)

jason
  • jfnotaryjfnotary Posts: 4
    Storm10......thanks again...I guess we will never know what really took place.....but you're right, the car is now mine :-)

jason
  • ckungckung Posts: 42
    Storm:

Thanks for the info...what about MF and % of residual for 36 months and 12000miles per yr?

Thanks
  • miked22miked22 Posts: 20
    Picking up a C300 sport 4 matic with premium pkg 1 and nav today, msrp $41500. I haven't shopped much but the deal looks awesome. There must be dealer cash from MB. They are paying off the last 4 payments on my BMW (about $1800). $3000 total out of pocket. $460 per mo with tax. A similar BMW would be in the high 5s for sure. Audi A4 was $499 per month with me comming up with $4500. I can't imagine a better value for the money today. The dealer is claiming a cap cost of $36500! how could that be????
  • ckungckung Posts: 42
    Hi Mike:

Congrat on ur new C300. which dealer you went? how long is the lease? and what's ur MF and % of the residual?

Thanks a lot
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    I guess there can be a problem with MB USA if someone publishes sensitive and confidential financial info openly. Additionally, rates may vary by different regions and States. Rates also vary based on the credit Tier that you are approved at.

Also, a lot of people forget that there are a lot of different banks (other than MBF), that have completely different programs, which can give you better overall payments.

Thats why I always recommend to negotiate the BOTTOM LINE - down payment and monthly payment. Based on my experience: when someone negotiates the TERMS of lease, instead of negotiating the PAYMENTS of lease - Dealer usually wins. Because there are a lot of elements involved in the lease beside Residual and money factor.

I still think that the best way to shop for the lowest payments is to shop multiple Dealers (which sometimes is not easy too). But this way - you make Dealers compete to earn your business. You can do it over the Internet here: Request Mercedes-Benz Price or Lease Quote anywhere in USA.

SPECIALS are just the guide to see the market prices that you can get for sure. Providing more information will be considered...
  • ob995ob995 Posts: 40
    edited June 2010
    Are you serious? Do you work for that web page? To figure out a lease payment all you need is residual and money factor and bank fee for the model in question. Figuring out a lease payment is not a secret formula. The buy rate and residual is the same across the country for MBF, Yes Chase and US Bank do have regional rates because some times they want to lease cars in 1 area over another to reduce their risk but MBF buy rates and residual are national. The difference in lease payments from 1 dealer to another dealer is dealers are free to mark up or buy down the buy rate all they want just like on mortgage. So having the buy rate or par rate is very useful information. The only difference is advertised lease special may differ by area, but in general those advertise lease special currently are a joke as all of them assume you are buying the car at a discount of between $1-2k off MSRP and if you are paying more than $1k over invoice for any model except maybe E-Class Cab or SLR you are a smuck.

On most lease programs, MBF has the best program, the only exception is for people with very high FICO on cars that are using any money factor close to the standard rate which currently is 0.00395 and only car that uses that money factor currently is E-Class Cab the next highest money factor is 0.00280 used on the E-Class Coupe and then E-Class Sedan and SL using a 0.00220. While you can get a much better lease going via US Bank or Chase on E-Class Cab, Coupe and SL beside those 3 models currently MBF has a better program, especially on 300 C-Class Sport which for Tier 1 and Tier 1+ credit applicants has 55% residual and Money Factor of 0.00018 vs US Bank has 46% residual and a money factor of 0.00135 for tier 1+ applicants and for tier 1 applicants the money factor shoots up to .00195.

To miked22 Cap cost is the amount of money the finance company is paying the dealer, and that is the amount your interest will be calculated on it. So basically that means the dealer gave you $5k off of MSRP. Cap cost does not affect residual either as that is calculated off of MSRP, no matter what the amount the dealer gets paid from the finance company.
    Dealers can mark-up money factor, acquisition fee and any dealer fee they want to. They can even mark up DMV fees in some States. Also, all rates can vary based on your credit worthiness and the whole deal structure... There are number of tricks that can be performed, that I'm not going to detail, because its a long subject to discuss...

Besides US Bank and Chase there is a huge number of local financial institutions (like Credit Unions), who can offer flexible terms, where you can actually adjust Residual Value up to $1, buy down rates and plenty of other manipulations. On top of that, some banks offer exclusive offers to hand-picked car dealers.

So, to pay $1k over invoice in California - yeah, like you said, you are a smuck (and there are plenty of them), but in some States, where there is only 1 or 2 MB Dealerships - you really have to fight to get advertised deal, because like MBUSA said: "This deal is available only at participated Dealers", so if they don't want to participate, then they don't.

What I said in my previous post was: Instead of negotiating fees and rates, why not negotiate the bottom line - down payment and monthly payment? When you do this with multiple dealers - you obviously will get the best of everything included in the lease. This way you can't loose. No need to complicate your life more than it already is.
  • srdvsrdv Posts: 5
    edited June 2010
    Yes, it is sort of stiff in Seattle too. C350 MSRP 48375, asked 43k but dealer only willing to sell 44773. So just $300 below KBB invoice. Reason is because there are "hidden" fees, and the car needs to be transported from out of state. Not sure if we can call this a good deal, do you guys think this deal is workable?

I know in bay area at least people can get 1500 off invoice... Advise needed!!
  • xmasdudexmasdude Posts: 2
    Hi;

I am planning on going with factory order for C300 sport. I know the MSRP/invoice price etc for the exact car i am ordering through MB dealership. Wanted to know how much room for price negotiation is usually there in such special orders. One of the dealers I talked to indicated that since this is factory order (not picking car from stock), the price i can expect to pay is close to MSRP.

Folks who have ordered their car through dealership, how much below sticker price were you able to negotiate before ordering the car?

Thanks
    Xmas
  • e2009e2009 Posts: 23
    Check MB Website there is a standard 7% discount off the MSRP with the European Delivery plus free taxi to and from the airport with one night in a hotel with a voucher for meals.

You can build you vehicle on the MB site and send offers to dealers from their list by states and cities.

You can shop at any dealer in the United States online for a European Delivery. You can negotiate for an additional discount 4, 5 or 6%. There is no shipping charge on the European Delivery.
  • reebakreebak Posts: 2
    Greetings! Wanted to see whether any of you had any ideas on whether I got a good deal. Just purchased a new Quartz Blue Metallic 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic with Prem1, Ipod adaptor and Burl wood inlays. In Virginia, the pricing broke down like this: Price $35,934, taxes $1159.46, tags $118.50, processing fee $299. Used USAA car buying service.

Out-the-door I paid $37,510

I think it's not a bad deal, but would be interested to hear others' thoughts.

Thanks
    What was MSRP?
  • reebakreebak Posts: 2
    MSRP was $41,690.
  • nonjth13nonjth13 Posts: 89
    Xmas, Just saw your question. Your dealer is handing you a line. Ordered a C300 in March. Showed dealer USAA pricing and they came within $400 of that so I got $5200 off sticker for a factory order. Since then my local dealer shows up on the USAA buying service. Prices are now about $1000 higher than they were in March for some reason. Go to zag,com for more info. You have to have been in the military to become an USAA member and access their pricing which is 1500 less due to a deal with M-B which expires 7/30.
    Mercedes-Benz offers extra incentives for USAA members. But if you are not a member of USAA - then above suggestions does not help...

All you need is to find a MB Dealer, who will agree to an upfront guaranteed selling price in writing, before placing an order.

Of course, you have better ability to negotiate and lower the price, if Dealer has it in his stock, because it's more motivating for them.
    Ok guys, anyone who wants a great lease deal on C300 - here it is:
    CLEARANCE...

Brand new 2010 C300 Sport Edition with Automatic Transmission:
    Black or Arctic White
    MSRP: $35,965

36 months lease / 7,500 miles per year - total 22,500 miles per lease.
    $3,182 - Total out of pocket (includes 1st payment and fees)
    35 remaining payments of $299.99 + tax.

This deal is available in Southern California, but it is possible to get this deal to people from other States, except there is a charge for shipping. Based on approved credit. You can be pre-approved over phone/internet.

There are only 80 units left, so don't delay. You can also get different color, more miles and more equippment - it will affect the payment, but it will not affect the overall good deal. You need to work the numbers directly with them.

I'm not going to put contact information as per forum rules. But you can e-mail me directly at igb10@yahoo.com so I can give you the name of the manager and dealership.

The waiting time is over...
  • ducatiguyducatiguy Posts: 11
    edited July 2010
    Yes, you did well. I paid about 3000 more for the same car (including color) on March 1, 2010, but without the iPod connection. Of course, I like to think I got 1000 more on my trade than I could have elsewhere and MB made my first 2 payments. It is my wife's car, and she does like it more than than the Honda Accord we traded. But that said, again well done.
  • mb007mb007 Posts: 10
    for better deal, I would ask to take off least $9K from MSRP
  • tw194tw194 Posts: 1
    Just got c300 4matic sport, with premium 1, multimedia package, wood trim.

MSRP: $43,965
    Price Paid: $39,800 (allegedly $1750 below invoice)
    12,000 miles/year for 36 months
    Money factor: .00042 (1.008% int.)
    Residual: 57% (10k miles was 58%)
    $1800 down (first payment, tax, tag transfer, $995ish Acquisition fee, $130ish doc fee)
    $475 per month. ($487/month with MB maintenance residualized)

Am I right that this was a decent deal? Its a beautiful car, and our 2nd car's lease is almost up....I'm tempted to go deal on a second one.

Thanks for any feedback.