Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mssurreymssurrey Posts: 48
    Thanks Plekto - much appreciated.

I'm going to the delaer tomorrow. Let's see what they quote !
  • murphydogmurphydog Posts: 491
    this is exactly what I did in 08 - looking at the C class and with incentives it was a no-brainer to go with the 350. Got myself a Tom-Tom for christmas and I am set.

two years later I still get a smile each morning as I jump in and fire it up. :shades:
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    I'm not aware of where the deal was found (it was posted as an FYI more than anything else and didn't generate much debate there), but apparently it isn't completely unheard of. A few posts up there are other people who have gotten 20-25% off overall from MSRP by combining the usual negotiation with the current rebates.

I did like the other suggestion here about looking at C350s as well. If one can get a comparably equipped 350 for not much more than a 300, why not?
  • Dthorn1, can you share with me the contact info? I'm also in the Seattle area and in the market for a c300.
  • dthorn1dthorn1 Posts: 17
    I got mine from the Lynnwood dealer. As you know, there are 6 or 7 dealers in WA, only 4 in the vicinity. So I'd suggest you shop around these dealerships since the one I got my car from may not necessarily offer you the same deal. Good luck.
  • Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to whether this is a good deal or not:
    2011 C300 W4
    Premium 1 package
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Heated Front Seats
    MSRP: 41,140

Here are the leasing options they sent me:

36 Month lease with 10,000 per year @$498.58 per month with $1777.23 at inception
    42 Month lease with 10,000 per year @$475.05 per month with $1753.70 at inception
    48 Month lease with 10,000 per year @445.55 per month with $1724.20 at inception

I am wondering if I should shop the other MB dealership which has 2010 C300's on the lot to see if they can really beat these prices.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    If you are looking to lease - go for 2011 model for a SHORT TERM - 27 months!
    Mercedes-Benz Financial just came out with very attractive 27 month leases on 2011 C-Class models - very high residual value!
    You can view all the new September programs here: September 2010, Current Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials. If you are looking to buy, then you still get more saving on remaining 2010 models...if you can still find any...
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,733
    edited September 2010
    The lease inception is the killer. Let's work out the payments.

36 months: 19726.11
    42 months: 21705.80
    48 months: 23111.06

You are far better off buying it and obtaining their low financing rates. You'll have higher payments, but will have no mileage or wear penalty at the end as well as be able to sell it after 4 or 5 years to regain 15K or so. Or keep it if you desire. I get about $490 a month for 48 months considering this(or less depending upon how much you can sell the car for, of course)

The end result is about the same cost. I just don't like contracts, fine print, and the miserably low 10K a year mileage limitation. That alone can cost you another couple of thousand dollars if you drive even 12-15K a year.

Note - the reason it's a wash, more or less, is because of the $4500 in factory to dealer incentives on 2010 models. This drops the price, combined with the financing(you should qualify if you do for their lease), to quite reasonable rates. I've seen cars like the one you are interested in for about $36K. Leases are always based upon MSRP, so that's a large factor in favor of buying at the end of the model year versus leasing.

The trick, of course, is finding any. Expect nearly all of them to be gone in the next couple of weeks.
  • Hi All,

Enjoy the forum. Thanks for everyone's good discussions.
    First offer on 2010 C300 Sport 4matic. Looking at other offers, have some room to go down, but what is reasonable to push for? Anything else to request, maintenance?
    Thanks a lot!

Based upon 44005 MSRP and 37215 selling price

MSRP 44,005
    Discount -6790
    Fees (doc & lic) 400
    Tax (9.8%, ouch!) 3647.07
    Net Price 41,262

Details
    C300 4matic 37,100
    color 720
    P02 Premium 2 Package 3700
    UMI 1290
    Wood trim 320
    destination and delivery 875

2011 offered at better interest rate (1.9%) but less of a discount (-2250, selling price 41979)
  • Okay, am I getting a good deal?

2010 C300 Sport 4MATIC
    MSRP $39,485
    Black/Black
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Heated Front Seats
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    OTD: $33,200

First of all I am not sure I am getting a good deal and this one does not have P1 thus not 100% sold on it.
  • I just bought the same car you describe with the P1 package and metallic paint for $33,000 before doc fees, title charge and tax.

The msrp on mine was $41,690.

Hope that helps.
  • Thanks for reply.
    I went with P2 with panorama, COMAND DVD.
    MSRP 46,405.
    Paid 36,775 + TTL.

Very excited.
  • I know I don't have all the details but I have a quote on a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic that has the premium package, navigation/command, and AMG wheels. The MSRP is 44,425. They have quoted me a lease of $486.23 including 7% sales tax on the payment each month. This is the 27 month lease with 15K miles. They are giving me $1K more for my trade-in than I owe and I have to pay the first month's payment and two state mandated fees at inception. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • Here is how it breaks down.

MSRP 44,135
    Net Selling Price 39,940
    Prepaid Maintenance 769
    Total Sales Price 40,709
    Tire Tax 1.25
    Doc Fee 150
    Trade-in Equity 300
    Cash due at signing $773.95 (1st payment, 1.25 tire tax, $150 doc fee, 15 days of interest on current car which I should get most of it back)

Lease Term 27 months
    Mileage 33,750
    Residual $30,534.72

I am pretty sure they didn't give me the buy rate of .00084 but rather .00125 or something close to that.

Monthly Payment $454.70 + $31.83 sales tax = $486.53

Still sound like a good deal?
  • Did you have to pay an acquisition fee for the lease? Usually $795.
  • There is no mention of it on the Buy Order. I tried to calculate the lease and I come up very close to their payment (within a buck) number if I use .00125 and all the figures above.
  • Hey,
    I was talking to a dealer about the 2011 C300W4.
    Unfortunately, around NY/NJ area, there aren't 2010's anymore.
    So I was quoted a C300W4
    p1 pkg, pano, mult pkg and etc with a MSRP of 45,230,
    and the dealer was willing to sell it for 42,000.
    Does this deal seem fair? or should I wait until the end of the year?
    thanks
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Unfortunately, new MBF financial October programs became worse than they were in September, in regards to C-Class. Both lease and financing. The reason is MB built new factory plants in South Africa (out of all countries) to boost C-Class production. After workers went on the usual strike, C-Class production got frozen. SoCal dealers usually carry 70-120 C-Classes in stock, but now they have only 10-15. So don't expect to get bottom line deals easily, until the availability returns to normal condition.

The good news, there are still pretty good deals available. You can check out October specials here: October Mercedes-Benz Financial and Lease Specials.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    A reporter is hoping to talk with a new Mercedes C-Class owner, as well as anyone who recently bought a new Mercedes after having owned Lexus models in the past. Thanks for sending your contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, October 12, 2010.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• First of all, thanks for all the previous posts. They allowed me to negotiate with more information. Therefore, I feel it's only right that I share what I was able to negotiate. I also recently bought a 2010 C300 AWD at $10k discount from the MSRP including shipping and handling which I believe is $875. My understanding is that not every dealer is willing to do this kind of discount because among other factors, it depends on their inventory of C300s on the lot since 2011 models are not arriving at the lot at the pace the dealers had expected (this was also mentioned by a previous post). So you might have to check a few dealerships, my recommendation is to start with email quotes just to get an idea if big discount is even a possibility so as to save you the trouble of haggling at the dealership, but at some point you do need to show up so that they know you are serious. The bigger discount for October is only for AWD not the RWD. I believe the difference in incentives is about 2k. And by the way, make sure you do research on financing first on your own. I got 2.99% over 60months. and there are a few banks that might offer you that depending on where you live. I am sure if you google 2.99 auto loan" you can find some. However if you walk into the dealership, they might not offer you that when they are readily available if you do some research on your own.
    Good luck!