Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• postoakpostoak Posts: 537
    I understand your frustration, but I think, really, they do things differently at an MB dealership. Go up to the receptionist and ask for a client adviser -- you'll get one.
    You didn't state the color, but assuming this is for a metallic paint color, then MSRP (according to Edmunds) is $35,640 and invoice is $33,198. So, their offer is $698 below invoice. If a standard paint color, invoice is $32,565 and so that's still below invoice. And don't forget, their invoice could include a $500 IRG (advertising fee) so their offer could be $1198 or $565 below their true invoice. Sounds good to me.
  • hkusp40chkusp40c Posts: 3
    Not a metallic color - going with either Red or Black with a Black interior.
    One other question - anyone think that the Entertainment package is worth the price?
    Thanks!!!!!!
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    This sort of thing happens at any high end dealership. I've had the samething happen to me at an MB, Lexus, Infiniti and believe it or not an Acura store. I say ignore them, the dealer. There is really nothing the manufacturer can do about a situation like this. I'd just go to another dealer.

M
  • jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    I got the exact same treatment at this same dealership a few years ago. When I did convince the front desk to page a sales person for me, he wasn't terribly interested in selling me the car, either. Maybe that's their tactic to make the customer feel that their products are in high demand, but I didn't like it at all. I ended up buying a BMW.

I don't think this is common practice among luxury brand dealerships. It's true that they usually seem less eager when you walk through the door than a Honda sales person would, but most of the places I've been still treated me better, including Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, Saab and Audi.
  • suniljmsuniljm Posts: 10
    Purchased Mid March 2005.

Features:
    ---------
    Metallic Silver
    Black leather inserts
    324 Sunroof package
    5-speed Auto
    6-Disc CD Changer
    Heated Front Seats
    3 Free Oil Changes

Brand new (not a demo).

Paid $30900 + TTL

Probably could have gotten a little closer to $30k from other dealers, but I just wanted to get into a car at my closest dealer location. I assume people in the big cities will find even cheaper prices.
  • That sounds like a good deal to me-- if postoak confirms it certainly is. Where was this? I will be purchasing at the end of April and am not opposed to traveling to pick one up within reason. We are closest to Memphis, TN but I travel to Dallas, Tx and Atlanta, GA almost monthly for business.
    This was in St. Louis, MO.
  • What dealership? That is only 6 hours away from me!!
    http://www.plazamercedes.com/. Let me know if you need any other information. Best of luck.
  • I've heard that if you look at the sticker price (MSRP), you can do a pretty good guess at the dealers' invoice by subtracting 7% (multiply by .93). Does anybody have more information or a simpler way to figure what the car costs the dealer ('cept for the holdback, which is so "sacred")?
    Look right here in the new cars section of Edmunds.
  • I leased a C320 sports sedan about a month ago. I shopped around in my local MB dealers and did not find a good price. Finally, I got the deal online. The transaction was easy and smooth. Price was reasonable too. The local dealer I went to – Claridges Mercedes in Fremont, CA – was polite, but they marked the price for their cars way too high. They added $10,000 to the sticker price (yap, more than the sticker) for some models. The price they offered for C320 sports sedan was about 10% higher than the price I got from the online dealer. Oh, by the way, the online dealer is “direct source motorcars”. They are located in LA.
  • Just bought a new 05 c240 4matic
    black exterior
    stone interior
    automatic transmission
    heated front seats(standard on 4matic)
    sunroof package
    power driver seat and steering column w/ memory

brand new. price paid $33300 + tax.
    I think it's more than a thousand bucks below the invoice, and $3000+ below the MSRP

Oh yeah, and the car is magnificent !
  • That is a great price! Is this your first MB? You've got everything on it that I would be interested in having if I decide to switch. How did you manage to get such a good deal? How many miles so far?
  • jdg1jdg1 Posts: 7
    got a quote of 2250 under invoice.
    i just started looking, wondering if this is a good start.
    thanks.

ps.
    im in Los Angeles
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    $2250 under invoice? That sounds like a good price, and LA is a tough market. If you have confidence that that price will be honored, I think you'd do well to go for it.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Thats a heck of a deal. How are they offering it with som much off? Acocording to this site there aren't any incentives or rebates on the C230.
  • stroudmanstroudman Posts: 192
    I would make darn sure this car is a brand new, untitled car. The c-class is commonly used as a service loaner, and mercedes doesn't give the dealer any breaks for using them as such, so the dealer will eventually sell them at cost or so, and some dealers will advertise the car at that price without disclosing that fact until the last minute. I would also make sure that the car isn't damaged, or something isn't fishy, b/c that number is too good to be true. The typically equipped 230 sedan ( roof pkg, auto, 6-disc, metallic paint) has about $2,300 profit, and if they're more than $2k below that, something is up.
  • dcsaabdcsaab Posts: 13
    Got a quote of $32,800 for a 2004 Dark Green C240 with only 38 miles. Xenons, Sunroof, Full Leather and automatic. This is one of those places that have just BMW's, M-B's and Jags so it's not a dealer but I would have the remainder of the factory warranty. How much lower do you think they could go?
    Notice that your username is dcsaab. Are you in the DC/MD area? I'm assuming its a used car dealer and probably is Select Auto Imports in VA. Did you see the car with the mileage on it. One time I went there and they originally told me one thing over the phone and when I got there it was different. Just giving you a heads up.
    Good call! Yep, that's the place. On their website it read the car had 9 miles but when I got there, the car had 38 miles - probably the sales people taking it home overnight. The price is okay, but I still think it's high. It doesn't have a cd player! $32k for an '04 car and it doesn't come with a cd player! Anyway, I'll see what the in service date is and then see how much lower they'll go. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.
    Also, green is a cold, cold color! I'm not saying you can't like it, but a dealer won't tell you it's a harder color to move than black or silver. It is. This fall the 240 will be replaced by a 280, so you will also see an immediate adjustment (adverse) in it's value on top of the usual depreciation, since the new engine will be much higher output, and some folks think the 240 is a dog already. Is this a new, untitled car? Any benz dealer that still holds a brand new, untitled '04 240 is going to have 1000's in incentives on the car, so if this car has already been titled once B-4, it is used, and you should be able to get it for less.

-6 disc changers were the only way to listen to cd's up to '04, and they were optional (it's been ridiculous since '01) so even tho it should have one already, it can be installed any time. Heads up! Fiber optics...only a benz dealer can install, and it's upwards of $1000 to do so!
    Stroudman - that is excellant advice. Thank you. I will be in Atlanta next weekend and I will check cars there. Any suggestions on dealerships? (I was born and raised in Atlanta and just moved to DC a year ago so I go down often). I will pass on this one (green one) - I think for $31~$32K I could get a new C230.
    If it was me, I would get a new c230 or wait for the 06 c280. I definitely woul stay away from Select Auto b/c $32K for an 04 is ridiculous.
    RBM is the oldest store in the market, and they're big. The other two dealers are also big, atlanta classic cars, and mb of south atlanta. The only other store remotely close is mb of athens, (about an hour east) and they're a laid back mom-and-pop kind of place. All of them will likely have something you want, it's just a matter of what you prefer for a shopping environment. The only thing you're sure to get at the big dealers is more flash.

-DON'T go to augusta...

Where in ATL are you from? I grew up in Brookhaven, NE side, not too far from Lenox Square. City's too darn big nowadays, IMO. Nice place to visit, but can't live there anymore.
    I'll try RBM.

I went to Mercedes of Alexandria (Va) today and try to negotiate a deal for '05 230K Sedan with Metallic, CD, Auto, Heated seats and sunroof - the sticker was $34.9 and they won't go down on that price. At all. They kept pushing this '04 240 4matic. Had 19k miles, CD, Black, Sunroof and automatic. So I thought he'd make a good deal on that car. Sticker was $34,900 and after about 45 min of bickering I got up to walk out and he came down to $31,900 - firm. So I left. It's frustrating. I guess I'm use to more 'common' cars. I'll re-group and try my luck next weekend.
    Stroudman - I was born and raised in Tucker Ga and moved to Vinnings after college and lived there until last year.
    I can't believer that they won't budge on the sticker. It's not THAT great of a vehicle and from various posts here many are getting them at or near invoice, although it may depend on region Just hold out as long as you can til the 06's come out. I'm sure you can get one at or near invoice by then.
    Tks Kennynmd - I agree. I live very close to the dealership and they've had the same 4 C230's sitting there for at least a month and a half. I don't have to buy a car right now so I'll wait, but I was pretty shocked they didn't go down more.