Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Transmission

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I have the 08 4cyl engine, and it seems to do the same thing. Who in their right mind programed the darn thing to have all the power in the upper range and NOT the lower range where we use and need the power most. There is this one road on the way to work, I will gradually let is get up to speed, up to about 55. It will stay in the 3 or so gear for the longest time, then it sorta lunges into gear!!

Also, if I get up to speed, about 50 or so, then let off the gas a bit. It sorta lunges too, lunges right off the gas. The transmission is not shifting right to me! I know the dealer will say nothing is wrong. But, I have decided I am going to tell them everything. That the engine absolutely sucks. The transmission is so rough, and having a new car that has 15,000 miles on it. I SHOULD NOT have to worry about feeling the transmission like if I had bought a car that has over 100,000 miles on it.
    It does, it feels like I am driving an old used engine!! It has gotten worse, and I am not just feeling things.

As a consumer, we spend hours in our cars, we get to know our cars. Honestly it was sorta like this, but more smooth when I got it new, but its actually got a bit more odd and the shifting of the tranny is getting more noticeable. That alone is a sign, that perhaps something is not right.

When I am going into 55mph and my rpm's are still in the 3,000's,because the transmission hasn't shifted into the next gear, and when it does, it lunges or slips right into gear, you feel it roughly shift. There has got to be some sorta problem.

I love the car itself, I really do!! Its a fun, but the engine, its a piece of crap!!
    But it could be the transmission.

Should I take the car in, and tell them to do a thorough inspection of the transmission. I think I will type out all the symptoms, so they can have it there.

Those that had an inspection... how long did they keep it...? I will need my car at some point to get 30min back home.

How do I word it good, so that I can be taken seriously, and be respected??
    I really want to just call them, but sometimes it is the approach and talking to the right person that can do the right thing. Let me know how to approach this.
    UPDATE:

I called the dealership, explained everything to them. I bring the car in on Friday. Hopefully the find something. Because it does not feel right. But, from what others have said about both V6 and 4cyl engines, the transmission seems to act this way. But, I do believe mine shifts a bit rough, and that is more than just a re-program of the transmission. Its more mechanical. I want them to atleast tell me something can be done to help it. I am very concerned that they will tell me nothing is wrong and its normal. I drive the car all the time, I think I would know. I might even call a GM rep to keep them informed.

However, I will request to drive an identical car to see if it acts the same.
    Just so you know, the Saturn Aura with I believe the same engine has had a few same issues. One had a transmission re-build. I've seen a couple of those.
    Well, I will not be bringing my car in today.... Why? Because the service rep was extremely rude to me on the phone when asking to see if I could test out another car while it was being looked at. I stated I wanted to test drive the car for just about 30min to see what the difference were. He refused to let me. We spoke over me, and took offense to me explaining any of the details.... He kept talking in circles, I was calm on the phone, but you could tell in his voice he was irritated and elevating the conversation. I stated sir, you are elevating this conversation, he was actually mocking me!! This will be the 2nd time he has gotten all crappy with me. Other employees have stated similar observations of him too.

I canceled my appointment, I left a voice mail for the "service manager" Hopefully this person understands what customer service is all about. I am so mad...

I just want to say screw it, if the transmission goes out, well let it!!

I will look for another dealer perhaps to look at the car. I will not be treated that way. Then dealers wonder why they have a bad rep?
    Update:

not sure if anyone is reading this...lol. But, I did bring my car in, and we took my car and I showed them the issues. They did feel it too, but only like 1 time. I felt it more, only because I know my car better. I had a chance to take another similar car out, an 07 with 25,000miles. I seemed to have had more power and shifted better, smoothly. There was a difference. My car isn't as smooth and peppy as that other car I took out, with an identical engine, more mileage, and year older. We both rode in the other car and the rep felt that it was a bit more smooth, and I showed her the power differences.

I am bringing my car in tomorrow early. The 30yr experienced mechanic will look at it. They will have the car the whole day. I hope they can come up with a reasonable solution to the issue.

However, I am currently waiting to hear back from my dealer on trading for a VW. They have been so awesome so far, so if I am able to get out.. I will!! Its so far looking good. They have told me, I have $3,000 negative equity, but that is not bad at all!! You can work the sale price and numbers to make it appeal better. So, they are obviously wanting to help me. This is my dealer, so they know me, and have helped me... they sold me the car I am trading. They know I never wanted it to begin with. If they can get me out!, well awesome, I'll do it, if they can't, well, I will at least get my issue fixed on the G6. Hopefully!

Wish me luck!! My friend is wanting to buy as G6, I might tell her to look around first, then make a choice.
    Dealer has had my car since yesterday morning! I am sooooo hoping they found something and will have a fix for it. I have a rental now, it is an 09 G6, same options as mine, except it has the 6spd auto, and it drives substantially better. Mileage is improved too. Smoother transmission. If my car had that engine, I do not think I would be pushing to get out of the car so bad. Not a bad car.

But, my cars engine, feels like an old grumpy engine! I am so nervous that they will not find anything. But, I wouldn't think they would keep it this long and then turn around and tell me nothing was really wrong with it. Unless they never got around to it yesterday.....hmmmm... Wow!

My salesmen told me he would drive it too. I hope that I don't look stupid!

Anyhow, get this, I was in there too, getting options to get out of my lease... and another person from my work came in, and have an identical car except it was an 09. They were there wanting out of the car too!! Same salesmen as me, we were both in front of him, asking him to help us to get out!! LOL it was hilarious! He was sorta overwhelmed with all of this... but I bet he wasn't surprised.

He used to be a fan and drive GM cars.... now he drive a C-Class mercedes! HAHA, and he told me his mom got a Jetta! So he is finally figuring things out!!
    GM, Sorry bud, but your losing even your loyal customers.

After I transfer my lease, well, I will not be back to GM. Not feeling it!
  • dave06g6dave06g6 Posts: 24
    Wow. Been searching the net for my issue (same as yours) and now here I am. 2006 G6, 4 Cyl Auto, have the exact same issues that you describe. Intermittent mind you but the code is always the same ( P0010 ) which is the cam position sensor. I have a code reader, I've cleared it a few times, sometimes it comes back immediately and other times takes a few days. You can also erase the code by disconnecting the battery for 5 mins. My shift issues however are starting to concern me, of course - we are out of warranty as well (3yr, 60K basic). I understand the 06's were not covered under the 5yr 100K plans. I had mentioned the rough shifts to my dealer (Toronto area) before it ran out of warranty - but it was not throwing codes at that time either. I have 69K on it now & driving it only on short trips ( lease is up in the fall ).

I have friends who are mechanics and have driven it, their opinion ranges from a bad valve body or automatic clutch issue. But one guy says that the bad cam sensor could be related, it could be causing a high internal pump pressure or line pressure (falsely) in the tranny which makes it bang through the gears, or the pump itself could be bad too.

Did your dealer get to the bottom of it for you ? Since yours is throwing the same code ( P0010 Cam Sensor ) then I assume we have the exact same issue. Might be funny to compare VINS, I bet these vehicles are close on manufacture date.

Please advise what your results were... Thanks ! !
  • g6fobiag6fobia Posts: 3
    I went to the garage and the dealer about the issue. No-one could tell me the problem...but being a backyard mechanic myself, I think I have solved the problem, as it hasn't happened in a while now.

I live in Northern Ontario, so chances are we are probably very close on Manufacturing date.

Anyways...on the 2006 G6 the in dash information center basically tells you when to change your oil. I went by the percentages, car ran like crap, then the Cam Sensor code kept coming up, tranny problems, the whole nine yards.
    I even switch to synthetic, and semi-synthetic oils. That made the problem even worse.

So what I did is went back to the tried and true 5W30 engine oil, and changed it every 5000KM or 3 months which ever came first ( regardless of what that Information Center said.

The Code has not shown up since, and the (what felt like Tranny) problem has not happened again.

Give it a try...it might work for you too. :shades:
    Uhhh, I don't know what to say on that - I was thinking this was a viscosity issue because it is getting aggravated now that the warm weather is upon us, however - viscosity of the trans oil ! BUT - we have one thing in common for sure - I have been using straight synthetic oil in the engine for the past 30K so, hmmm - that viscosity may be screwing with the VVTi cams ? You know that does make sense because one thing is that it never does it until the engine is up to temp for sure. And sure as hell it goes away once the car has been sitting (cooled) for awhile. Wow, this could be an angle that is correct, stranger things have happened. Alright - I am off to the store tomorrow for some straight 10W30 conventional oil. I will laugh my a$$ off if that does the trick ! Thanks for the input !
    Wow!! Seriously!? For me though, I did not lease my car to worry about oil, transmission, cam problems. lol. My dealer has had my car for nearly a week. My catiylic converter is clogged? What?, Hello? Kidding right? Bad gas? Well, its been acting weird ever since I bought it. It never shifted right to begin with? I ALWAYS thought it didn't shift too smooth. Now, I am going to get my car back either today or tomorrow... I am going to drive it, and see if it does the same thing with a new catylic converter. If it is still acting the same, that thing will be right back in the shop.

The rental, an 09 G6 4cyl has much more pep to it than mine!!.... Honestly if the engine was not acting so weird, and random things going out.. I wouldn't be wanting out so quickly.

I refuse to drive such thing like that. I lease! I shouldn't worry about things like this. I pay too much, work to hard to be unhappy. Besides this is a sign to me, that I need to get out of it now!! Everyone I spoke with about it, was like... really? Yes! Get out! NOW!

Good luck to you guys too.
    I agree with you, I didn't get into the lease to deal with these kind of issues either - however, they neglected to warn me that this vehicle was not covered beyond 3yr/60K for powertrain... every other GM car I can think of was covered under 5yr/100K powertrain back in 2006, I don't know why this was not, new generation transmission probably was the reason. So - I'm screwed and have to deal with this now or not drive it at all until the lease expires in 6 months. Or try to negotiate myself out of it now earlier through GMAC or a dealer... hopefully the issue is not present when they inspect the vehicle but I don't want to even approach them in the interim as it will be on record, not looking to purchase a 3 thousand dollar transmission any time soon on top of having to buy out the vehicle afterward considering the residual value has plummeted because of GM's pending bankruptcy and Pontiacs doom.
    Well, it sounded like a good idea (switching to conventional lubrication from synthetic), but it did it again yesterday in the heat so maybe the frequency of the issue has been reduced - who knows. I guess I will buy a couple of cam sensors this week and try replacing those to see what transpires, since that is the only code showing (P0010 on Bank 1)... if this issue sounds familiar to you and the dealer solved it without replacing the trans, let me know!
    UPDATE:

It turns out it wasn't the transmission. It was my catylic converter. It was replaced after a week of waiting. It seems to run much better, has more power, and the shifting seems to be functioning better! Now only time will tell. But, I think it will be okay! I am glad to know that they were able to find that and replace it.

I truly believe the car has a bad converter to begin with, since leasing it new. It never really felt this "normal" before. It feels like it is supposed to. Its not near a Honda engine, but definitely decent enough. I am glad to have my car back. I am seeking to still get out of it. transfer the lease.

For now, its all good. I am glad that is over... I will monitor the performance, but seems to be better.
  • djasperdjasper Posts: 15
    I have an 06 G6 4cyl with same problem you guys are having. I have replaced both Cam pos sensors and so far no luck! My trans starts shifting hard and the check engine light comes on shortly after. I had two codes, the cam sensor and also the timing was advanced. I believe the tranny shift issue is related to the timing being advanced. I don't know where to go from here! Let me know if you come up with anything. I did talk to one dealer and he said that he hasn't heard of this problem, I can't imagine...
    Yup - sounds like the exact same issue. I haven't bothered replacing the cam sensors, I think its more of a mechanical failure in the trans. There is a way to read codes off the transmission from the main wiring harness off the trans but as far as I know - the codes can only be read off the trans from the dealer. And with this lease over in a few more months - we are simply driving it on short trips only (it usually takes a bit of driving for the issue to show up right? never when the trans is cold?).

Try pulling the battery off for 5 mins, the codes will reset and the adaptive shift logic will have to be relearned by the trans. Sometimes this clears up our issue for more then a few days. Reason I think its also mechanical is because the auto starter fails to work after awhile too until you pull the battery, trans may be building up too many codes and causing that to fail safe too, who knows. I hope you're on a lease and done with it soon as well.
    Well, I called Pontiac and started a file, I was asked what they could do to make me feel more "faithful" in my G6. I told them, that I want out of the lease.... Then guess what the lady told me (she was quite nice though) "you signed a contract, so we really can't do that"... I then chimed in and told her, well.. your company has to uphold their end of the contract too, offering a satisfactory product. They quickly forget that they are apart of the contract too. But, the contract is mostly 90% consumer, then 10% company right? lol? Of course. They fail to realize that. They claim, we'll honor our warranty. Well Duh! But, when the car has to spend most of its life in the shop, its still normal right?

I will just bring the thing in for every little thing. I mean everything! I'll rack up a warranty bill like no other!

She is calling me back on Friday to let me know what they can do for me. Either way, I am done. I am transferring the lease to someone else. As everything is repaired for now. :lemon:
    I bought the car with 51k miles on it and now I have 65k, I had no issues at first but around 58k miles everything went to he_ _! I wish I would have leased then I would do the same as dave an give it back. I had a front wheel bearing go bad (used $60)and the "sensors", which cost around $54.00 a piece. Like you guys said, it is intermitent. It shifts hard, light comes on for a week then starts shifting normal, light goes out. It is a viscous cycle. Let me know what the lady has to say Friday. I am stuck with this car for another 4 years and don't want to trade now, because adding another year back on the loan isn't feasible.
    Yes, I will let you know. Luckily I do lease, but your bottom dollar I will bring the car in for any and everything. GM wants to honor the warranty? Well, They'll get a nice hefty bill for it too!! I too am noticing a weird transmission shift in one of the gears. Shifts a bit rough, and why in the world does it seem to want hold on to the next gear before shifting to the next for so long? I love the car itself, but the engine is just a BIG disappointment.

So GM, if you want to honor my warranty and hold me to my contract... Well...
    I will hold your company to your end of the contract with a nice warranty bill.
    You know those labor fees are pretty hefty..

BY the way.. am not sure if I am being pulled a fast one... But are wiper blades for my car really $55?? You have got to be kidding? You would think I was driving a Benz!
    You guys know that the powertrain warranty for the 06 is over at 60,000 kilometers / 3 years right ? Only the 08 forward I think has the full 5 year 100K powertrain warranty. If you own this vehicle - I would look at a trade. I am convinced they have mechanical issues with this new version trans too and it isn't going to get any better. The earlier version of this trans prior to 2005 was even worse and suffered the same type of ailments, mostly in the Sunbird & Grand AMs. Intermittent will eventually become permanent unfortunately...

A friend showed me this GM Service Bulletin:

GM
    Transmission shift complaints and/or no engagement. Some 2002-04 GM cars (full list below) equipped with the 4T40E or 4T45E transaxle may come into your shop with a myriad of shifting and/or engagement problems. Among the complaints you're likely to hear are that the transmission slips, shifts erratically or not at all, or won't engage 2nd, 3rd, Overdrive or Reverse.
    According to GM, the most likely cause for all these complaints is the shifting of a small sleeve within the driven sprocket support assembly. The shifted sleeve blocks the oil feed hole for the 2nd clutch. A new-design driven sprocket support with a tighter interference fit between the sleeve and housing (Part No. 24207143) is now available to address the concerns. Installing the new support will require dismantling the transaxle, although the clutches, seals, bushings, etc., can be reused if they're not damaged.
    Vehicles that are susceptible to the above problems and can benefit from the updated support assembly are 2002-04 Chevy Cavaliers and Malibus, Olds Aleros, Pontiac Grand Ams and Sunfires and 2004 Chevy Classics.

Oh & yes - the wiper blades are costly, they didn't rip you off... but you can replace with the older style if you want (not as good though)
    Well, ANOTHER update:

My 08 G6 is showing signs of the transmission slipping again. There seems to be this one gear that slips or roughly shifts into place. When in traffic going 30-50mph, the one gear is a bit rough slipping into gear. When accelerating up to speed it will hold on to the one gear, the you can feel noticeable it move into the next. Then say your past that rough shift.... then you need to speed up a bit, it will then jump down in gear... It just seems to jerky and rough to not be something wrong.

I have emailed Pontiac service, and they are calling me again today. I will discuss this with them today. I have only had the lease now for 13 months. I truly want out!!
    This should not all be happening on a leased car. I feel like I went out and bought a used car with many more miles. Its sad too, because I was actually liking the car itself, but the engine feels old and grumpy! I feel on edge when I drive it, waiting for it to slip into gear.

What would you guys do?
    Well thank your lucky stars you are under the 5 year powertrain warranty and not with an 05 or 06 that came with 3 year / 60k. At least you can drive it until it grenades itself, unfortunately that is what you have to do sometimes in order to get the dealer to replace the damn thing or rebuild it (more likely). I have to wait patiently a couple of more months until the lease end is closer to negotiate my way out - just taking it on short trips only now.

So - just keep driving it, maybe manually shift it until it dies completely, sounds like a definite mechanical issue there, it will eventually become permanent. They will likely take the trans out for a look if it gets towed in because it can't move !

However, many other things can cause those symptoms - they should really be reading the codes off the transmission, not the ECM. The computer / ECM uses mass air flow / MAF and throttle position /TPS to determine engine load. The computer then uses those inputs to determine shift time and if need be increase line pressure to help stop any slip. You could have issues there but the SES light and a scan of the ECM should determine that. Mechanical issues should come to light with a diagnostic scan of the trans.

There is nothing wrong with the engines - they are great, well balanced and for the most part trouble free (both of them). Its the trans that are plaguing some of these cars I think !!!! Grrrr.
    Yes, I totally agree with you. I have thought the same thing too. I'll just drive it and if it blows up or breaks down, they'll have to tow it! Don't say I didn't warn ya...

I shouldn't talk like that though, I am going on a small road trip... don't want anything to happen. But, I do agree that the engine could be great if it was programmed and the crazy transmission was quality built. Even the rental has some characteristics of mine, but not nearly as noticeable. But, there is a point where it feels normal, and what does not. You as the driver become sensitive to a car driven often.

So, I will drive it. I am supposed to bring it in on Tues, but I think they may think I am high maintenance... Well, I work too hard and pay too much to have a newer car to have any issues. They want to honor the warranty, well... it can be at their expense.

Hey, how come you have to wait a few months, you should be okay to just trade now... any dealer will want you out anyway. You should be fine on your value versus your pay off. You shouldn't have any negative equity.
    I was able to be a passenger yesterday in my car, and it was nice because I could really feel the engine. I could easily point out the one gearing that seems to shift rough and jump real easy. I could look over and see the RPM's move around.

This confirmed my belief that something is not right. I wasn't driving and I could feel it.

I am a little overdue on my oil change... that wouldn't be the culprit would it??
    Surely not?
    I'm pretty sure we are all dealing with trans issues & not engine issues. Now there may be a couple of electronic components that are off the engine and responsible for making the trans behave in this manner electronically (shift solenoids), but I still think there are internal mechanical issues with this newer transmission.

We have to wait a bit longer to get closer to the lease end (November). We have not yet approached a dealer to get out of it ( looking to purchase the Vibe with the 2.4 Litre Toyota Camry engine and the 5 Speed Manual ! )

With Pontiac on the way out and GM's doom, I don't think GMAC is looking to get people out of an existing contract lease anytime soon. This is our 3rd lease with GMAC however and traditionally they let you out 3 months prior providing you are going to go with another GM product again... I'm hoping this has not changed in their current fiscal position or it in fact is more of an incentive to get new contracts going... who knows - I'm sure the dust is still settling in most dealers this month with the bad news so we are going to start asking questions next month !
    Is your trans hammering into 2nd gear from 1st ? Are you feeling the rough shifts through the entire 5 gears ? Does it hammer into Drive or Reverse from neutral at times ? These are the characteristics that I am experiencing on occasion, seems like a maximum oil line pressure in the trans or bad valve body / solenoids. I get a random code of P0010 off the ECM / computer (cam sensor). Sometimes it clears itself after a few days.

I have run synthetic oil in the car since almost new. I was told to remove it and change the oil back to good old 10W30 from Wallmart or something. This kind of characteristic has plagued some VW and Toyotas with VVTi engines. Synthetic engine oil is causing the VVTi actuators to engage prematurely which causes a cam position sensor to go out of whack and send incorrect readings to the powertrain control module or ECM, which causes a maximum pump pressure condition in the transmission... what results ? You know as well as I do.

Since I have changed the oil to 10W30 and drained the synthetic, I have to say that the frequency of this issue has certainly decreased (has only happened twice in the last month and we have to drive it daily).

Go figure - but I'm still convinced there is an internal trans issue for sure, possibly now as a result of the history its been going through for the last while with hammering gears... but most of the time it still shifts like butter. As long as it shifts that way when we drop it off for good - I don't care !!!

But I'd still love to know if anyone ever gets to the bottom of this issues, hopefully under warranty and not out of pocket.
  • :lemon: LOOK UP YOUR STATE LEMON LAWS, believe me you own a lemon!
    I have a 07, G6, GT I have complained of most of the same problems you have all discussed for almost two years! Last September my clutch assembly burnt completely out, they refused to cover it under warrantee and blamed me for it. I took it in again in November oil leaking on the clutch (definitely could have been what caused it the first time) covered the second replacement wouldn't do anything to help with first. Told them I had initiated a conversation with BBB; told me not to do that because it would "tie their hands, and they wouldn't be able to help me" it seemed like they were really trying so when I didn't get a reply from BBB I didn't pursue it. Its too long of a story to get into right now, but my car has not been right. TWO different dealers told me there was nothing wrong with it, the second time we refused to take it out of the shop until they found the problem, drove with the service manager demonstrated it to them, ended up that the entire transfer case was being held in with only 2 BOLTS! and they were loose.... but I didn't have a problem. Still wasn't right after "fixed"; again they tried to blow me off; we took it back and sat in the waiting room all day one friday refusing to leave until they found the problem; resulted in them finding an "intermittent problem" they have now had my car for over a month! Tried everything you can image, I have heard "it's the clutch cable, it was an electrical short, it was the ECM, it was a bad sensor, it was the traction control ..... on & on & on"; last week they brought in an Engineer, thought it was something else, didn't fix it, now they think the computer need re-programmed. Give me a break! They don't know what is wrong. And get this BBB won't help me because in Colorado the lemon law is 18 months, which was last January, one month AFTER I was told not to file with them or GM wouldn't be able to help me. HMMMMMMMM .... Laws are different in every state, know your state laws and go online to file a complaint, even if you think you don't quality make sure the initial intake of your claim (not just an email to them) is before the deadline. :mad: :lemon:
    Hi Dave, my wife usually drives the car but yesterday I got in it and shifted in Drive and it shifted in hard. It continued to shift hard through the gears. After I changed the other cam pos sensor, 2 weeks ago, the chk engine light hasn't went out. Usually they will go out after so many miles and starts. Feels like the tranny is ready drop. I just changed the oil last week with Pennzoil 5W30. I may change it again with 10W30. We definitely need help here, doubt GM will do anything about it. I may take mine into the local dealer soon..
    Well, I was looking info up about the lemon laws. I qualify to report, but I am certainly not paying fees, costs, etc for this So I am wondering how cooperative they will be if this continues on.....?? They claim they want me to be fully satisfied.. but getting me out and leaving the brand would not help... but they claim the warranty... well, how about I run up the bill really high?

1st-Windows would not roll down-bad fuse

2nd-Catalytic converter clogged(replaced) had my car 8 days
    This played a role in the performance, helped, but did not help the shifting.

3rd-Windows would not roll down-bad fuse-bad window switch

4th-will be tomorrow for shifting rough on "one" of the gears. The lower gear.
    I am requesting a full transmission inspection.

I am going to keep bringing the car in.
    I really wanted to keep this car. It has sunroof and 6 cd disk, getting these options on a base G6 with 4cyl isn't easy to find. I will try the local dealership and if they don't help then I will do the 10W30 oil, then possible trade in. I had a lot of good luck with Pontiac in the past but this car is the absolute worst of all. Love the car but hate the trb. I will let you guys know what the dealer says.
    I just set an appointment to have my car looked at. The service manager told me the code P0010 has a service bulletin. He said a wire rubbing on a bolt causes it to break or something of that nature. I am going to look at it tonight and trace both cam pos wires. Maybe that will help.. I take it in on Friday. Will update.
    Hmmm, I would be concerned - he should know that the particular TSB he is reading has nothing to do with your year ! Its only for a certain VIN range... which he should already know if you are affected. Here is an exerpt from the TSB for you - I've already checked that and it wasn't applicable to my 2006.

On rare occasions, a SES light, rough running, and/or hard start may be encountered. Upon inspection, any of the following DTCs may be found in the ECM: P0010, P0013, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0351, P0352, P0353 and P0354. This may be due to a short to ground on any of the control circuits for the ignition coils or camshaft actuator solenoids.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    If this concern is encountered, inspect the ignition coil harness for a potential short to ground on the fuel line bracket stud that is just above the EVAP purge valve. If any chaffed circuits are found, repair the circuits and harness as necessary, and replace the fuel line bracket stud using bolt part number 11588712. This bolt has a revised head to prevent harness damage in the future. Vehicles with a VIN breakpoint of 64233235 or greater already contain this revised bolt from the assembly plant.