Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Transmission

Comments

• caridcarid Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 g6 gt convertible. I purchased my car with 24k miles on it in Jan 2010. I started having acceleration hesitation in Sept 2010. I took it to the dealership oh so many times. And I could not get it to do it for them. So like you they treat me like I am a crazy lady ! So now in June 2011 I still have the same issue. And now it will hesitate to accelerate and the spin the tires when it kicks in. I took it back to the dealer again today. And they say until the engine light comes on they can't do anything. They said they checked all the codes and it is fine. I wish mine would just hurry up and go out while it is under warranty ! I am now at 64k miles.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,004
    carid,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    bamabelle526,
    I would recommend atleast having the vehicle diagnoised by your dealer of choice. This will help you get a clearer view of the problem.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nickie0nickie0 Posts: 1
    hey there, i have a 2006 pontiac g6. I've taken really good care of it, and it only had 1 previous owner. I was driving down the road, and all the sudden it wouldn't accelerate. I thought it had to be something electrical because this car has been taken care of and for some reason was thinking g6's should last a lot longer! Boy was i wrong...its the transmission and i'm waiting to get an estimate. I still owe $5000 on this car and it's a piece of junk :( I hope you don't have the same problem as me because i'm thinking it's going to be around $2,000 to fix...good luck to you!
    nickie0,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • I own a 2006 Pontiac G6 4C as well. I bought the car used from a dealership and I have had nothing but problems with it since I bought it. Sorry in advance but I dont know technical terms.

3 days after I purchased the car I had to bring it in as the engine light came on and I was getting clunking noises along with a shudder. Turned out to be the transmission. Now a year and a ahlf later the noise is back and the clunking and shuddering is worse then ever. I am terrified to drive it. Also when you put the vehicle in D from P the whole car shakes and you can hear a grinding/clanking noise coming from the car. I still owe about $6000 on the car and Ive been warned its probably going to cost about $5000 to fix it. :sick:

I have a squeek comeing from the left wheel well no one can figure out what it is (Routers have been changed multiple times and the wheel mount things arent bent).

Ive looked online and this seems to be a MAJOR issue with the G6 transmissions. Why is GM or their dealers not dealing with it. :mad:
    canadiankris,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • I just had the same thing happen to me today. first it wouldn't "lock" into park...then a couple of hours later it wont start.....were you able to get it fixed? if so what was the problem?
    myjourney2u,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke to the dealer regarding your concerns? Please let me know what is going on with this. I look forward to your response. Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • hapywifehapywife Posts: 8
    edited July 2011
    I AM THE 1ST OWNER OF THIS CAR. IT HAS 39374 MILES. 7-10-11 IT ACTED LIKE IT DIDN'T WANT TO MOVE, POWER WASN'T NORMAL WHEN IT DID MOVE. I COULD HEAR METAL GRINDING UNDER THE HOOD. INFO PANEL SAID POWER STEERING. I FINALLY GOT IT HOME. CALLED DEALER. ROADSIDE ASST. TOWED IT TO DEALER YESTERDAY. TODAY DEALER CALLED, IT NEEDS NEW TRANSMISSION. CAN'T DO IT TILL SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. WHY DID PANEL SAY POWER STEERING WHEN IT WAS TRANSMISSION. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR AND I LOVE IT BUT NOW I AM AFRAID TO DRIVE IT TO N.C. NEXT MONTH :cry:
    hapywife,
    Please keep me updated on your situation. Your service technician is best to explain what could have happened to cause this. Please let me know if you would like to start a case with GM. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    CHRISTINA, I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE DEALER. HE SAID A NUMBER OF THINGS CAN CAUSE THIS, SO I HAVE NO REAL ANSWER. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH HOW THEY ARE FIXING THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE GOING TO REBUILD THE TRANSMISSION INSTEAD OF REPLACING IT. REBUILDS ARE NEVER AS GOOD AS NEW AND AT 39000 MILES THIS TRANSMISSION SHOULD STILL BE AS GOOD AS NEW. WE HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT TRADING OUR COLBALT FOR ANOTHER G6 BUT THIS HAS CHANGED OUR MINDS FOR SURE. :(
    hapywife,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me with your VIN and involved dealer? I would like to look into your situation further.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    Past 3 yr-36K your chances of getting a new transmission are slim to none.
    WELL I MUST BE IN THE SLIM AREA CAUSE THE DEALER CALLED FRIDAY AND SAID THEY HAVE THE APPROVAL TO PUT IN A NEW ONE BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER THAN TO REBUILD ALL THE PARTS IN THE OLD ONE SO THANK GOD I REALLY DIDN'T WANT A REBUILD
    1G2ZG57B194179294 DEALER GASTORF SCHRUMPF MOTORS WARRENTON MO
    636-456-3318 THEY CALLED FRIDAY SAID THEY HAD APPROVAL TO PUT IN NEW TRANSMISSION INSTEAD OF REBUILDING MINE WHICH I LIKE THIS. CAR SHOULD BE DONE WEDNESDAY THEY SAID. IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2WEEKS I HOPE MY CAR DRIVES RIGHT NOW IT IS GOING ON VACATION TO NC AND I DON'T WANT TO BE STRANDED THERE
    edited July 2011
    You should have played the lottery that day.
    YEAH, MAYBE I COULD HAVE WON ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A FORD OR DODGE.
    DEALER CALLED CAR IS DONE CAN PICK UP THIS AFTERNOON IT HAD BETTER BE RUNNING RIGHT.
    Good luck with your "new" transmission.
  • I bought my '06 G6 brand new in '05....problems galore. At 30000 miles, I had to spend nearly $2000 for repairs. Of course I contacted GM, who essentially told me that I was on my own. Now, I've got a clunking noise in the steering, after already having invested in a new steering rack. One rear speaker doesn't work all the time, and the interior plastics, primarily the visor mirror covers, are junk. This was the first GM car I have ever owned, and rest assured, it will be my last.