Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Tires/Wheels

2»

Comments

• gonogogonogo Posts: 872
    I never liked alloys, to expensive to replace. The Malibu I had came with alloy wheels, did a little damage to one, not enough to need replacement , just looks.
    When I test drove my G6 is when I noticed the 5 spoke steel, told to salesman GM almost had me fooled, didn't know 5 spoke steel were out.
  • ozzy63

Check the seat belt. My G6 was doing the same thing and no GM tech could fine the problem.
  • 1viper1viper Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 G6 with 40,000 miles on it. Just bought it from a dealer. Noticed when making a right hand turn, ther is a vibration in the steering wheel. Thoughts? Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Typical when I test drove a few models. I was only feeling out the engine in comparison to my 08 4cyl. One had a vibration issue. I would have chosen a different car altogether. Luckily, you bought it used, you didn't get hit with depreciation too bad. Not to make you feel bad about your purchase, but in terms of comparison to other cars, its very dated and quality is lacking. The G6 tends to have silly things break on you. GM, simply had a great concept, but the delivery was only half.

You still under warranty?
  • I purchased my G6 brand new 13 months ago. I was informed by the dealer last weekend that I need 4 new tires. They showed me the tires and they are extremely worn. They are firestone tires. I am now searching for an inexpensive replacement. Any suggestions? Do any of you know anything about Kelly Charger GT tires? It looks like I can 4 of them mounted and balanced, with free rotation for the life of the tire every 5,000 miles for $494.00.
  • My 2008 G6 is my fourth car. I never had a flat and got new tires after 100,000 kilometres before.
    I have 45,000 kilometres on my G6 and I have replaced three tires, one tire had less than a 1,000 kilometres on it, Today I got another flat. I think they are uniroyal, help, any advice. I believe there is something very wrong with G6 tires.
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 872
    edited January 2012
    The OEM usually puts cheap tires on lower end vehicles. My 09 G6 came with Hankook performance tires, oddly enough it's a basic 4 cylinder, but with cool options. 31K miles and no problems.
  • My 2008 G6 came with the Hankook tire also. I purchased the car used in 2009 with 19,000 mi (30,500 km). I now have 73,000 mi (117,400 km) on it with the same tires. I have them rotated at every oil change. I have been changing the oil based on the Oil Life Monitoring System notification averaging 9700 mi (15,600 km) and 5 months between changes. I always have them perform the Maintenance II items. I don't baby this car, but I also don't dog it since Atlanta traffic and an 80 mi round trip commute are enough torture.
2»