Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Brake Problems

2»

Comments

• dean7dean7 Posts: 32
    I have 400 miles on my 2008 Tribeca. When I both press and release the brake pedal I get a soft but annoying "clicking" sound up high near the floorboard. Any idea what this might be and would it be a quick fix at the dealer? Thanks.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,810
    It's Thursday and that means time again for the longest running chat here in CarSpace, the Subaru Crew! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight for another enjoyable evening with members of the Crew!
    See you there!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• Have you had any response from the dealer or any others?

I had the same problem. Not only that, I also hear a continuously high pitch noise (not loud but definitely audible) between two clicks (pressing to releasing the brake paddle). I was told by the dealer the clicking sound is the "characteristic" of the model (2009 Tribeca Ltd.), and the best mechanic in this dealership could not "duplicate" the high pitch noise! Also bear in mind, all these started to happen couple months after I purchase this brand new vehicle!

I am going to contact Subaru Canada or America to verify this issue. Would you mind sharing the status of your complaint?

Thanks!
  • I have a 4 months old 2009 Tribeca, 7 seater Ltd. package. It has 8,000 KM (5,000mile). About 2 months ago, I started to hear the "clicking" sound when pressing and realsing the brake paddle. Between the two clicks, I also hear a continuously high pitch noise (not loud but definitely audible).

I took it to teh dealer, but was told the clicking sound is the "characteristic" of this particular model, and the best mechanic in this dealership could not "duplicate" the high pitch noise! Bearing in mind, all these started to happen couple months after I purchase this brand new vehicle!

I am going to contact Subaru Canada or America to verify this issue. Would you mind sharing any suggestions?

Thanks!
2»
This discussion has been closed.