Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tribeca Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    My Forester with snows has been awesome this week. We're in a deep freeze and I can park in places no FWD vehicle can even dream of. :shades:

-juice
  • Hello... I need your.. I'm looking a seat cover to my Tribeca 5 2007 Beige Leather....

I need a seat cover that fix 100%... do you know where can I find this seat covers?

Subaru has this seat covers?

Daniel
    Haven't seen one from Subaru, so you'll probably have to go aftermarket.

Only one I'm familiar with is Wet Okole, they have one for the Forester (not sure if it will fit yours):

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/SUBARUF

-juice
  • x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    I ordered the 07 cargo area side panels for my 06 B9 so that I can fit the 07 retractable cargo cover which is otherwise not retrofitable.

It is expensive at 150 for each side but if it works it is a solution for ppl with an 06 Tribeca wanting the retractable cargo cover.

Please let me know before i waste my time if for some reason this isnt' possible and others have been through this.

if it works out i will report back so ppl willk now this is a viable option for 06 owners to have the retractable cargo cover.

We all know the 06 bungy cord one is sub par.
    Funny thing is I have one of those for my Forester and I just took it out. It ended up getting in the way a lot of times. I kept it so I have it when I sell the vehicle.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Same here with my Trooper one. The Armada didn't come with it and with the tinted windows don't see a real need for it.

-mike
  • Thanks juice let me check

Daniel
  • sweetpetesweetpete Posts: 15
    Hi guys,

Just bought a new '07 7 pass limited. I have a question about hooking up my Valentine One radar detector - and I'm not an electrician, so please bear with me. My B9 has the auto-dim rear view mirror, and it's obviously powered by the wire that leads to it. Is it safe to tap this wire for power? My V1 came with a tap connector for such a connection. Any help is appreciated.
  • deep4deep4 Posts: 4
    Hello Barkbuster,
    I have just bought a wireless backup camera from Walmart. Can you send some instructions.
    I can't see your email so if you can email me at soumyaroopbhatt@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • ricagonricagon Posts: 4
    I just bought a cross bar kit for my 2006 but I can't find a roof rack product that will work with it (Thule or Yakima). Is this really the case -does anyone know of a cargo box that will fit other than the one sold by Subaru?
  • msuvetmsuvet Posts: 54
    Hi ricagon,

I saved the link to this message from 2005; don't know if Sears still has this carrier or if it would be the same, but it give you something to check out.

jim5154, "Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)" #6548, 28 Dec 2005 5:42 pm

Christina
  • b9bingob9bingo Posts: 46
    $115 shipped is to great a deal to pass When $595 from your local dealer. There use to be 5 available, only four left thanks to me. Click This Link
    Sweet someone got one! Three left and going fast!
    One left!!! Act Fast!
  • tbc777tbc777 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the roof rails offered on the 08 Tribeca can be installed on the 07 Tribeca?...not to be confused with the CROSSBARS. (Or a good aftermarket product that's permanently installed. I don't want the Yakima/Thule look at all.) I ordered the Luggage Rack (Roof Rails) for my new 07 Tribeca Limited at the time of purchase when I saw them on others on the lot (apparently 08's). I just purchased my Tribeca less than 2 weeks ago, and I'm just finding out that I'm getting the AERO Crossbars only. I don't like the look of the Crossbars only and want the rails that are pictured on the 08 Tribeca on Subaru's website. The dealerships I've had to deal with are absolutely clueless about their products. Since picking up my Beca I've had 2 major issues with 2 different dealerships. I Love my Tribeca, Thank the Lord, but these guys are truly clueless.
  • kmartinkmartin Posts: 427
    Go to subarupartsforyou.com and search for "crossbar". You will find four different model numbers that apply to the 2008 crossbar set. Here's what I copied/pasted here, including the description and retail vs. their prices. Better check with your dealer, or call one of the online parts places. -Karen in AZ-

E361SXA000 Tribeca B9
    2006-2008 Cross Bars, Add on CROSSBAR SET standard type FOR ALL TRIBECA B9 (except 2008 Limited) $180 $139

E361SXA400 Tribeca B9
    2008 Cross Bars, Add on CROSSBAR KIT FOR 2008 TRIBECA LIMITED MODELS ONLY ( picture is of 2007 version) $179 $139

E361SXA500 Tribeca B9
    2008 Cross Bars, Add on CROSS BAR KIT ROUND STYLE FOR 2008 TRIBECA $182 $149

E361SXA000 Tribeca B9
    2006-2008 Cross Bars, Replacement CROSSBAR SET standard type FOR ALL TRIBECA B9 (except 2008 Limited) $180 $139
  • I looked into this as well, as I prefer the more flush rails on the 07. Like you, the dealer parts didnt know, and as far as kmartins' post, it looks like its different. I wanted to check out the hooks on each vehicle, but havent had any vehicles to compare.

Havent found in the aftermarket either. If you find any, let us know.
  • This may be impossible, I know next to nothing about cars. But, I have an 07 Tribeca that I adore, except for the brake lights. I wish they were clear, like those on the Lexus. I think the red cover looks cheap. Now, I don't know how Lexus made theirs clear, since brake lights are red. But has anyone changed their brake light covers?
    (I think I am the only person on Earth who loved the front of the Tribeca, but not the rear. The 08 redesigned front is boring.)
  • I also loved the original front design, and the rest of it as well - the new one is boring and banal!

Try the internet for aftermarket clear replacements. They will be pricey, if they exist. Be sure they conform with your state and local lighting requirements.
    Haaa so you basically want the boy-racer-like tail lights. I doubt there are any cheesy ones like that made for the tribecca though. Not the demographic for them really. They make me want to puke when I seem em usually. :(

-mike
  • Is this an appropriate response for a host to be making, particularly to a person who just recently found the site?
    Am I not allowed my opinion? Jeez, so touchy.

Seriously though this car is not the demographic that will really have aftermarket tail lights like that. You find them mostly for hondas and neons that appeal more to the boy-racer crowd.

-mike
  • 1st: At least you let me post my critique!

2nd: I have had posts similar to yours pulled from the Edmunds Diesels in the News discussion site, and then all my subsequent criticism of the host pulled as well.

3rd: I am not the one who asked the question about the lights - I was making a suggestion on how to find them.

4th: The site below says they are available, but then they do not list them. The original poster may want to make a call to the company.

http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepartment/Clear_Corner/SUBARU
    The Lexus RX has them and that's the best selling vehicle in its class and also Lexus' best selling model.

I don't like 'em either, but some folks clearly do.
    Well if you dish it out, you have to be able to take the criticism, so I am always willing to take the heat if someone has a differing opinion than I! :)

-mike
    The Lexus RX has them and that's the best selling vehicle in its class and also Lexus' best selling model.

I don't like 'em either, but some folks clearly do.

Do you really think that the Lexus RX buyer really cares that much? I mean this is lexus, aka toyota. I'm willing to bet that less than 15% of the owners even know they have clear tail lights on it.

-mike
    I own a Toyota and I'd care. :P

Not that it would be a deal breaker, but I don't really like 'em.

Like you said, if you dish it out, be ready for a response. ;)
    I own a Toyota and I'd care.

But you aren't a typical Toyota/Lexus owner, you actually care if the car has a soul.

-mike
    Not in the people mover. For the rest of our fleet, yes. :shades:

I have my Miata, wife has her Subaru, and then the kids pretty much own the van. :D
    There you go. So if the mini-van had altezzas you wouldn't know or care. That's very typical of the demographic of folks buying Toyotas. I believe the Tribecca fits this mold to a certain extent, at least more-so than other Subarus.

Heck there are some Toyota non-car folks that I know who weren't sure if they had a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord when I asked what they drove!

-mike
This discussion has been closed.