Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tribeca Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• morey000morey000 Posts: 320
    I wouldn't go 20" for wheels, as it will really limit the tire availability- especially if you want something with a little snow capability. There are a few good options for our size. One is the Yokohama Geolander- but check over with the VW Touareg forums (not the edmunds one) where there's a discussion of tires. The V8 Touareg takes the same size.
    For some additional traction in the snow- you can go with an on/off road tire. In addition to the aforementioned Geolanders, there's the Bridgestone Dueler (a few different models) and the Nitto Terra Grappler- that looks like a good choice in our size. If you're willing to spend a bit more- the Nokian WR's are supposedly top notch for the snow, and still very very good on road.
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Posts: 181
    Somewhat suprised to see that tires need replacement at 25k.
    Anyone else had to replace tires yet? I am at 18k and would anticipate at least 40k (and one more winter here in Massachusetts).

Jerry
  • occkingoccking Posts: 346
    I have a little over 28k miles on my Beca, and, actually pleased that the tires seem to be wearing quite well. I had those Potenza's my 05 Outback, and replaced them at around 30k -- these seem to be holding up quite well. Only problem is I had one with a leak in the sidewall that was not repareable and I had to replace on at 19k. However, unless you look closely at all the tires, difficult to tell the difference between the ones with 28k and the one with 9k. I put a lot of miles on, about 3k per month so I assume before end of summer I will be looking for another set. Anyone with ideas out there what would give a quiet, smooth ride (get a very harsh, noisy ride on the Goodyears
    LS 2's and hoping for something better. I guess there are not too many choices to pick from.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    You may be damaging your differentials by replacing a single tire. They all need to be within 1/4" circumference.

-mike
  • occkingoccking Posts: 346
    At the time of replacement had that issue checked out. There was not a significant difference in treadwear between the three OEM tires & the new one. Both the dealer & Goodyear dealer confirmed that. I am just surprised the tires seem to be holding up as much as they have been. Look pretty good for 28k miles on them.
    yeah- the consistent reports I hear about the Goodyear Eagle LS2 is that they will last a long time. You might get 60,000mi out of them- which given the weight and AWD nature of the Tribeca- is really wonderful. (compared to the 15Kmi-20Kmi that people with Touaregs get)

That's good news- for those that aren't picky about tires. And - from Subaru's perspective having trouble free, long wearing tires keeps most customers the happiest.

However- for enthusiats who notice the less than stellar ride quality, road noise, and mediocre traction in snow/dirt I guess it's a down side, as you'll need to put a lot of miles on them to wear them out before you replace them.
    Was just going to comment that in the past I've found GY to have a long tread life, however after 1-2 years they become very hard and plasticy, dangerously so where you'll slide the car around in the wet/cold even with a full tread on them.

-mike
  • LS2 - In My Opinion = @#$@$#@ (insert derogatory word of your choice)

they are a hard tread which even in light snow is like driving a sled. or in medium rain the tires suck. and not to the road.... You get long mileage at the sacrifice of traction. I think you really do not realize how great the AWD is of Subaru and the Winter handling with the LS2 Good Year tires!

I run 20" Summer only tires and for Winter I use the OEM rims and put on a nice set of 4 Pirelli Scorpions ($150 per tire). So far after 1 foot of snow in the NE (luck not in the thick part of the snow). The Pirellis are great! a little squirmish on ice but if you drive really slow it still gets you thru the icy patches. Places where the Goodyear would leave you stranded or driving 5 mphs.

Off set is important, so it will limit you on what Wheels you can use. The off set I think is 55 mm? Do a search I had posted it earlier... I am 5 MM further out then OEM which is LESS then 1/2 inch. I had no issues as I went with a size that at 20" was exactly the same outside dimensions as the 18" tires were.

The only thing was the lower profile did tend to knock the alignment out slightly. This is because the suspension has to take more of the bumps then a tire with a larger side wall which will act as a shock absorber somewhat. The plus side is the B9 handles much much better with a lower profile tire! I have lifetime alignment so no big issue. Plus I have learned to ignore the Tire Pressure light instead of paying for a new set in the 20" wheels
  • tupintupin Posts: 71
    I am loving the Michelin X-ice tires mounted to ASA alloy wheels. They look great and the combo of Tribeca AWD plus stability control plus x-ice tires = very safe and confident driving.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    My Forester with snows has been awesome this week. We're in a deep freeze and I can park in places no FWD vehicle can even dream of. :shades:

-juice
  • Hello... I need your.. I'm looking a seat cover to my Tribeca 5 2007 Beige Leather....

I need a seat cover that fix 100%... do you know where can I find this seat covers?

Subaru has this seat covers?

Daniel
    Haven't seen one from Subaru, so you'll probably have to go aftermarket.

Only one I'm familiar with is Wet Okole, they have one for the Forester (not sure if it will fit yours):

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/SUBARUF

-juice
  • x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    I ordered the 07 cargo area side panels for my 06 B9 so that I can fit the 07 retractable cargo cover which is otherwise not retrofitable.

It is expensive at 150 for each side but if it works it is a solution for ppl with an 06 Tribeca wanting the retractable cargo cover.

Please let me know before i waste my time if for some reason this isnt' possible and others have been through this.

if it works out i will report back so ppl willk now this is a viable option for 06 owners to have the retractable cargo cover.

We all know the 06 bungy cord one is sub par.
    Funny thing is I have one of those for my Forester and I just took it out. It ended up getting in the way a lot of times. I kept it so I have it when I sell the vehicle.

-juice
    Same here with my Trooper one. The Armada didn't come with it and with the tinted windows don't see a real need for it.

-mike
  • Thanks juice let me check

Daniel
  • sweetpetesweetpete Posts: 15
    Hi guys,

Just bought a new '07 7 pass limited. I have a question about hooking up my Valentine One radar detector - and I'm not an electrician, so please bear with me. My B9 has the auto-dim rear view mirror, and it's obviously powered by the wire that leads to it. Is it safe to tap this wire for power? My V1 came with a tap connector for such a connection. Any help is appreciated.
  • deep4deep4 Posts: 4
    Hello Barkbuster,
    I have just bought a wireless backup camera from Walmart. Can you send some instructions.
    I can't see your email so if you can email me at soumyaroopbhatt@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • ricagonricagon Posts: 4
    I just bought a cross bar kit for my 2006 but I can't find a roof rack product that will work with it (Thule or Yakima). Is this really the case -does anyone know of a cargo box that will fit other than the one sold by Subaru?