Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caliber Engine Problems

15678911»

Comments

• vanstephvansteph Posts: 5
    Well, I should have known better than to say "there were no more problems." The stalling began again last night. Taking it back to the dealership. To paraphrase Michael Corleone: "Every time I think I'm out, it pulls me back in." Will post more when I find out anything.
  • vanstephvansteph Posts: 5
    Problem persists -- I'm thinking it might have something to do with the powertrain control module (pcm). Has anyone had any experience with the pcm being the cause?
  • gerry31gerry31 Posts: 4
    Dodge issued a recall on some of the 2009 Caliber pcms for a defect that "can cause the engine to stall and result in a crash without warning."(Dodge Safety Recall H330).

I still have some stalling issues on my Caliber. To paraphrase Quentin Tarantino, What's on my mind right now ain't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the unreliable Dodge Caliber in my garage.
  • djdeanodjdeano Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T. Recently the key fob stopped working. Had it checked, it still sends a signal but not to car. When I shut off the car and pull the key out, open the door, it starts beeping and says the key is in the ignition. Can anyone tell me why this is? And what my fix may be?
  • 08caliber08caliber Posts: 1
    I had this same problem: they found that the wheelwell wasn't sealed properly behind the drivers side tire and water was coming back into the car. Once this was sealed correctly I haven't had any problems for the last 3 years.
  • At about 70k miles I needed a new alternator. Had it replaced. Seemed to resolve the problem. That was 3k miles/3 months ago.
15678911»