Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Accessories & Modifications

1323334353638»

Comments

• Hi Quietpro.....
    I received.. and now have the chrome exhaust tip on and it looks absolutely great !!
    They are exactly what you see in the picture ..great quality
    and no welding required with just 3 screws holds them firmly in place. Ordered from cadillac performance in Toronto...
    2 for $60.00 on ebay ...much much cheaper than GM dealership.
    Hope this helps...
    Frank
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Sounds great! Thanks a lot for the info. :)
  • impala02impala02 Posts: 1
    I just paid 5400 for a 02 impala, perfect outside, inside is beat up because of hte fact of it used to be a undercover cop car. 73,000 miles on it. Does any one know a good site or place i could go to get good performance items for it. Also i need carpet,and a center console.... Also does anyone know a really good cool air intake i could buy for it, and what about a nice performence chip mabye. And whear can i find a carbon hood? Mabye someone can help me out a little..? thanx

steve
  • Try www.car-part.com for "new" seats and interior pieces. Ebay is a good bet too, but shipping new seats would probably be pretty costly and they would have a good chance of getting damaged in transit by the UPS gorillas :D .
  • mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    Hi Guys...just for your info.....!!

You know, I have purchased items from Ebay maybe 3 or 4 times now over the past year. I have had nothing but positive experiences here, although I know there are some horror stories around out there . I make sure shipping included insurance...just in case.
    Anyway, for example.. I purchased 4 tires and 4 alloy wheels like new and had them shipped via UPS all the way from sunny California to Toronto, for about $ 210.00.
    It was well worth it for me...and saved a bundle..

Frank ;)
  • corny40corny40 Posts: 20
    Well, I finally got it done (plus some other stuff) and thought I would share. Thanks! :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • cnwcnw Posts: 105
    Corny,

Those are some great looking mods. I like the contrasting colors to accent the new pieces you've added. I've looked in the GM Performance Parts website and not found anything like what have have installed. I'm particularly interested in the upper strut reinforcing crossmember for the front and rear. If you have a link, would you mind sharing it? Did you also change the struts themselves? What have you observed in handling changes after the installation of them? (I'm curious because I installed similar components along with Koni struts and springs on a VW GTI back in the '80s; made it corner like it was on rails.) Again--it looks great!
    Clark
  • Do not drive that car in the inner city!!....... :shades:
  • corny40corny40 Posts: 20
    Don't worry, I have a crime deterrent installed. :)

As far as the strut tower braces, check out this link where I got most of my info.

http://www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12073

Don't listen to the part about buying bolts in the first post. You don't need to. You'll see what I mean towards the end of the thread. I know it's long, but there is alot of good info in there. If you have any questions after that, let me know. :)

Oh yeah, I didn't change the struts, just added the braces, and yes, she handles like she's on rails. :surprise:
  • beav1beav1 Posts: 1
    Hi, I was wondering if you still had the wiring diagram for the factory amp. Impala hq's site is down permanently, and I cant find another diagram, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Posts: 870
    Go to http://www.naioa.com and scroll down to the middle of the page...they salvaged most of the info from impalahq.com, so you might find what you're looking for there.
  • Anybody installed or know how to install a circulating heater in a 2000 Impala LS? The block heater is just not enough to get the engine warmed up.
  • scot172scot172 Posts: 1
    Great info! I have a '07 Impala LT [love it!] What is a practical first performance mod that won't void extended [3yr] warranty, if there is such a mod?
    Scott
  • did anyone ever resolve this? my friend has Exactly the same problem on his '03 Impala. I thought it might be a transmission park sensor or an ignition lock sensor. I can freely turn the steering wheel either way with or without the key in the ignition.

Anyone have another thought/solution?
  • How does the radio get the ignition-on signal if the Class II wire is cut and grounded?