Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Hybrid Tire/Wheel Questions

18910111214»

Comments

• Just to know you are not alone, twice I had to replace my tires at the dealership. They usaed Yokihamas. I had been rotating and ligning them per schedule as I was seeing them bi-weekly for my many other issues. I finally went to Sears and got some good Goodyearts tires and kept them rotated and aligned and had no other issues. No they were not what the dealership put on, but I had road hazard protectioon on all of them and when they went out either to due that or premature wear, they were replaced free of charge, something Honda never did for me! Just IMHO...
    Sara
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    I've been buying cars and getting service from the same dealer since 1979, but back in 1987 when I brought a vehicle in for inspection and decided that I wanted to change the tires, they pointed me to a local tire shop where they told me they were getting them anyway. Since tires are one of the more important things on a car, I'm a firm believer in taking care of them. And a specialty tire shop is a bit better choice than the dealership in my view. Not the the dealer service is bad, but tires are sort of just another "part" for them.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bosslessbossless Posts: 179
    I need to replace my tires soon. What tire is the best for this car in terms of milage and noise? I hate noisy tires. I have a 2006 with the rear alignment mod.
  • I went with original Bridgestone set after I drove 66,000 on them in MA for my 2007 HCH. ;)
    Can you tell me which specific type of Bridgestone?
  • dungeonlaadungeonlaa Posts: 23
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for late answer: 195/65R15S BST Insignia SE200. Paid for 4 $303.28 + $39.00 alighnment :) after 66.000 miles ;)
  • It seems this forum has been quiet for about a year and a half, but I'll post anyway.

I was wondering if anyone has any recent opinions on the best tires for an 06 hch.
    I'm due for new tires again and wanted some opinions on wear vs. mpg vs. price.

I just read the majority of this discussion and was wondering if any of you had any new experiences to share about tires.
    Thanks.
    I recommend the Bridgestone Ecopia 100. A quiet tire with low rolling resistance.
  • anananan Posts: 1
    Hello

I have a constant loss of air in one tire. I have to put air in the tire sometimes several times a month, to every other month depending on "i have no idea what"
    I have been advised that there are no holes in the tire.
    Why would I be losing air in one tire?

It's like pulling teeth, asking questions getting them to do anything to pursue the issue.

is something like this covered under warranty?
    I am being told if it is what they think it is...wouldnt be covered under warranty BUT I have been taking the car to the dealer since I bought it for this very reason. So i feel it was a pre-existing condition.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    With no hole in the tire, it could be a corroded or otherwise damaged rim that's not letting the tire bead seal. Could be a leak at the valve stem. Or it could be that the bead on the tire is damaged or malformed and not letting it seat right on the rim.

It HAS to be one of those, because there's not much of anything else that could go wrong. I really can't imagine anything associated with a "wear item" like a tire being covered under warranty. If you go to a reputable tire shop, they should be able to figure out fairly easily where the issue is.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 792
    A second for there is a source somewhere, and someone needs to spend the time to find it.

No, this is not covered under warranty - and, pre-existing or not, that makes me think that your going to the car dealer is exactly the wrong thing to be doing. You should be going to a tire dealer. If they can't find the leak, they need to be in another business.

But you should be prepared to have to pay to get this fixed. It might be a simple puncture, but it could be that the wheels are leaking ($$$!)
18910111214»