Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty/Liberty Diesel Brakes

124»

Comments

• I am An owner of a 2005 Jeep CRD as well. I am now experiancing the brake problem that you were talking about in #82. I Have taken my jeep to the dealership back and fourth for over 3 months now. I was wondering if you had found out what the problem was. I am looking forward to getting my jeep fixed and just need and awnser and the dealership cant give me one.
  • gmc11gmc11 Posts: 9
    I finally told the dealer to replace the pads and to check the rotors. They resurfaced the front discs and found that both rear rotors were delaminated (junk). They put new rear rotors on and one of the rear calipers was seized so they replaced that. They replaced the pads on all four wheels. This solved the problem. The brakes felt like new again and the peddle did not fade. This was done at approximately 55,000 miles on the odometer.
  • iaokieiaokie Posts: 1
    My 05 libertys brakes lock up intermittenly
    One day there fine the next day I'm driving down the road and all 4 brakes slowly start to lock up to the point of not being able to move without pushing the gas pedal half way to th floor
    Ive be told it's the proportional valve or master cylinder
    Any ideas
  • I told the dealership to replace all pads,calipers,and rotors. Then they test drove it for 2 days and said it was fine but it wasn't. Problem still exists. Brake petal goes to the floor more if you hit the brakes, then let off and hit them again. Dealership states that they have replaced everything except the hoses which arn't leaking.
    Any other ideas?
  • Excellent advice! After reading this, I checked my owner's manual for the torque spec and sure enough the owner's manual states the same thing that you say. When I checked the torque, some were so tight I thought I'd break the wheel bolts trying to loosen them and others backed off easily. I will be torqueing the bolts from now on every time I have my tires rotated and balanced.
  • I checked the brakes of some other vehicles with anti-lock brakes and found that they do the same thing. The anti-lock brakes stop the vehicle by modulating the brakes on and off very rapidly. What if they are staying in the off mode and bypassing the fluid? BTW, my brakes will still go to the floor if I apply constant pressure to them when the vehicle is running. If the vehicle is off however, the brakes are firm and will not go to the floor. We need a mechanic to explain that.
124»