Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460/LS 460L: First Drives

1235»

Comments

• gumpsgumps Posts: 17
    This is interesting since BMW pays for all maintenance during the first 50k or three years. They must be talking about after warranty repairs.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    In the Washington Post a few weeks ago, there was a section on Luxury cars...Lexus was #1 in brand loyalty ( repeat buyers ) #1 in reliability and #1 in percentage of service dollars spent on repairs at 28%, Mercedes was at an alarming 50% and BMW was at 52%. I can't ignore these numbers in my final decision.

Exactly how I felt. And, since all three offer the same warranty, and BMW changes your oil too for the warranty period - that REALLY speaks to what it costs to keep one after warranty is up.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    When I purchased my first LS430 about five or six years ago, I decided to use dealer service and oil changes (at least until the warranty expired). I feel that the dealer is entitled to a respectible profit and I feel better in knowing that he will be there when I need him, even if it costs a few dollars more to dealer service during warranty. I have only had a few warranty items replaced, e.g. 6 speed transmission and fuel pump (recall), heater/AC core, driver seat bottom (leather cracked), rugs (front & rear)due to a poor fit at the door jamb, all done on a timely basis and without hassle and loaner vehicle provided. This has occurred over a period of about 6 years in several different LS. Just my 2 cents worth and thots on the subject.
  • The normal car is huge! The bigger version is really huge! The drive is very nice! It feels like a smaller sports sedan... the luxury and feel of the car is great! I was impressed!!!! The information center uses high rez graphic elements for mpg, tire pressure monitor and more... really nice! When you sit down you see lots of buttons... a little confusing at first!
    LS Test Drive Video/Photos and more
1235»
This discussion has been closed.