Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    curious as to your reasoning or basis for K&N filters not working well??
    bought my OEM from my local chevy dealer.....and photos here on my O4 Maxx LT

http://www.carspace.com/pao
  • I have always thought the 05 Maxx's centre stack was too bland, no colour at all. Then in 06 they put a chrome ring around the knobs for the HVAC and radio. I thought just what it needed just a little something. Well had the HVAC controls replaced under warranty for peeling paint. They didn't have any 05 in stock so they used an 06 with the chrome knobs. I liked it so much I bought the chrome knobs for an 06 and put them on my 05. I am now a happy man. It is amazing how little it takes to please me as I get older. Now if I could just afford the rear view mirror with the auto dim, compass and Onstar controls, it would be like Christmas.
    I agree the center console was bland as well..so simply added some of the faux wood dash inserts too mine around the HVAC and Radio headunit....you can see them in my site above
  • Saw your new faux wood dash. REally looks great!! Where did you get it?
    just do a search on google for dash kits..there are several sites...shop around for the best price.....believe mine were from www.nycdashes.com
  • That sounds like something I would like to do, I have an 05 as well. Where did you order those new knobs from? Was it hard to switch them?
  • Ordered them from the dealer. Just make sure you order the 06's The radio knobs take a little muscle but grab the outer knob and pull straight out. When replacing them, snap the outer knob on first then replace the centre button on both the power and the tunning. I am not sure if the HVAC control work the same as they are one piece. But they should be. Good Luck.
  • I did research on several web sites and came up with same results every time; K/N filters do offer a little more airflow but have much poorer dust retention.

If your area has little dust it's not an issue. I live in desert / urban environment and dust is everywhere.
  • A pity they are not brushed metal edge versions available.
    I found the chrome ones in the Maxx SS created annoying glare spots. However, I may be percularly sensitive to glare and I live in a very sunny area.
  • Anyone have experience with Brembo rotors on their Malibus or Maxxes?

I am considering replacing all of my rotors with ones that don't warp.
    tire rack has them for 67 each for the front and 48 each for the rear..assuming you have the 16 inch wheel option.....

EBC also makes some good rotors as well...and you can get theirs slotted and or cross drilled........about 150 for the front set and 115 for the rear

check here for other options
    http://www.innerauto.com/store/brand.php?make_text=chevy&model_text=malibu&ml=ma- li-maxx-001&year=2004&part_name=brake_disc&my=1&cat=h
  • bwolterbwolter Posts: 51
    Will the 06 chrome knobs also fit the 04 Maxx?
  • e2helpere2helper Posts: 1,002
    I am sure they will since the just snap on
    anyone replaced the OEM speakers yet in the Maxx...Im keeping the OEM headunit..just want to swap out the speakers in the doors.....assume there is a cross over somewhere to account for the tweeters in the A pillar as well
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    he, he, he...is there nothing you haven't tricked out on your Maxx. I need to see the latest and greatest!! The most I've swapped out is the wipers :shades:
    really no changes since you last saw me I do beleive
  • Hi, just got my Maxx & didn't get the windows tinted. In retrospect, probably a good idea & it does look kinda cool.
    The pre-cut tints - are they okay or is it better to spend the money for a professional job. I'm wondering too if tinting prices are cheaper in the U.S. - I could drive across to Buffalo if necessary. Any ideas??
    have it professionally done......better tint and better warranty replacement
  • Ok, so I have an 05 maxx LT. As you all know they make no cool parts for it so I figure im going to start doing whatever I can to start the craze. I am having trouble figuring out how to take off the front and back trim peices with the chevy badges on them. So far I have a K&N airfilter, im cutting the springs and going badgeless (VW upbringing) and doing cosmetic work for the looks, im trying to find wheels in 18" size as well as im fabricating things to add a turbo ^.^ I could use any help, email me at thule1944@gmail.com and your welcome to ask what makes me think i can do all this bullhocke and pull it off :D