Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Cold Weather & Snow Driving

2»

Comments

• crown5crown5 Posts: 24
    Your comments are not strange to me.
    Service staff at dealer mentioning Continental tires not being what they are advertised thus not rendering after sale service as expected.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    The Continentals were OK on dry pavement, but they started to show unusual wear rather quickly. Since the Coopers lasted not quite twice as long on the same vehicle with the same alignment, I'm going to chalk it up to the Contis not being the greatest tire since sliced bread... at least that model of tire

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• crown5crown5 Posts: 24
    Had to go to dealer due to vehicle wandering left
    All they did was to switch front tires.
    So yes, may be something with those tires.
  • I'm looking at the 2012 Versa hatchback, and I live in Buffalo, NY. How does the Versa perform in areas with quite a lot of snow? I currently have a Subaru Outback with AWD and it drives wonderfully in even the worst snowy weather. The Versa doesn't have AWD (and I've never owned a car without it) and I'm concerned it won't drive as well through the snow and ice.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    Well I have a 2007 and 2011 Versa, both 6 speed manuals, live in State College, PA (winters, but only occasionally Buffalo-like) and I've run all-season tires and been just fine. Having said that, I'd definitely do dedicated snow tires if I were in Buffalo. I know I would know my limitations facing lake effect snows, even with snow tires. By no means should you expect AWD performance

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

2»