Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Climate Control/AC/Heater

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    tatertot5218,
    Have you taken your vehicle in to the dealer? If not, I would definitely recommend starting there! I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • INQUIRY TOPIC
    A/C & Heating

INQUIRY DETAILS
    Hello, first I cannot send this in the allotted characters.I can see by the forums on this site that a lot of people trust in Edmunds. I think the info is not known to Edmunds nor thousands of Chevrolet owners & prospective buyers. This pertains to my 2008 Impala & possibly many other chevys. I told Chevrolet about this last year & last week. The COMPRESSOR runs almost constantly in HEATING & A/C situations. The facts are: SITUATION #1 A/C in the off position, right knob in the vent position, two thumbwheel slides in the mid position calling for heat, air flow in the off position, air in the recirculation mode. The outside temperature drops & more air flow is needed. Switch the fan knob to the first higher position or higher & the outside air automatically switches on. Switch the air back to recirculating air and the A/C kicks on with tne A/C lite off. Push the A/C button, the A/C lite comes on (as it should). Push the A/C button again and the lite goes out as it should but the A/C does not turn off. The only way to turn the A/C off is (1) by pressing the outside air button to the on position or (2) turning the fan knob to the off position. I would think that people living in areas where the temperature drops to freezing would switch the recirculating air back on because they don't want freezing air coming into the car. SITUATION #2 Temperature in the 60's. A/C off. Right knob in the vent position. Heat switches off. Fan knob in second position and outside air open. You're behind a smoky bus and the temperature is dropping. Push recirculating air on & the A/C kicks on. The average person would then slide the temperature controls for heat. They will get heat but also the compressor would be running. This is a waste of gas and waste of power. I sent Chevrolet this info and they told me that's the way it's designed. They asked me what I wanted from this. I told them nothing because I am aware of the situation and I know how to control it. I think all the owners of the models that this is happening in should be notified about it. The only time the compressor is NOT running is when outside air is open and A/C off. Please let me know what you think about this. Thank you for your patience. Mike Vasko
  • have almost same prob 07 ls no heat,took to dealer,they said air in system,power flushed it ,that was it.to the tune of $129.00
  • Since heating and a/c problems seem to be a universal problem with the newer Impalas...wouldnt you think this is a design flaw caused by Chevy and they should correct it? I still have no heat when the car is idling or when the RPMs go under 2..like slow driving. I just purchased this car in October and of course the limited warranty expired as soon as the weather got cold enough for me to use the heater. I do not feel I should have to pay out of pocket to correct something that the designers of the Impala screwed up on. ( I know 5 people who own 2004 or newer Impalas and they all having heating problems)
  • Bhender....same problem with my 2004. I find I only have heat when my car is reving more then 1 on the tach. When I have to sit at a stop light, I only get cold air blowing.
  • The fan on my Impala 2000 is not working correctly. I've been loosing speeds one by one. If I put the knob on 1 or 2 nothing happens - minimum speed is now 3 so its either off or roaring which is annoying. Now 3 seems to be failing.

Anyone know if this is switch or the fan motor?
  • so is there way to get the air out of the system without taking it into the dealer???? cannot believe how many other impala owners have this problem. I agree if it is a known flaw it should be corrected by GM and not the owner. :sick:
  • asnopeasnope Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 Impala, yesterday. I want to make sure everything works. I am trying to test the A/C and the compressor does not come on and when I press the A/C button and the light flashes 6 times and then goes off. One thing I must disclose is that I live in Minnesota and the outside temperature was 33 degrees F.

My question is: Does the HVAC system have a sensor that senses outside air temperature and does not allow the A/C to turn on when it's to cold outside, or is the A/C system broken?
    :confuse:
    asnope,
    Per the owners manual page 169 it states: The A/C will not operate if the outside temperature is 40 degrees F or below. I hope this information helps! Welcome to the GM Family!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • 2005 Impala. Sometimes the blower will not come on. Wack the dash on the lower right of the
    climate controller or have to leave the fan on and it will come back on again. Dunno if its the relay or the blower motor. Might be the temp cluster.
    What do you all think?
  • bigdubigdu Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    07 Impala, with AC on, Recirculate is pushed/on and I change to Outside Air there is a knocking sound coming from the passenger side dash. This also happens when going from Outside to Recirculate. When parked and turn the engine off, I get the same knocking at about 4 knocks per second for about 15 or 20 seconds then it goes off.

Any help?
    bigdu,

Have you had the chance to take your vehicle to your dealership to be diagnosed?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • lane23lane23 Posts: 7
    It's been plus 90 degrees outside and my outside temperature reads that it's negative 40 degress so my A/C doesn't work... how to fix my outside temperature gauge to show the correct outside temperature?

Thanks!
    lane23,

Have you taken the vehicle to your local GM dealership to be looked at? Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • richl53richl53 Posts: 5
    the reostate under the glove box by the fresh air intake
    replace the acuator on the passenger side that controls the flap in the duct for hot or cold
    theres 3 acuators on the duel climate control system 1 for the main hot and cold and 1 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side if you have no heat on both sides most likely the main
    You have to remove center of the dashboard 4 screws take off the fuse covers on both sides of the dash 1 screw on each side 2 screws on top by the instrument cluster then its all bush locks pull with a little force it will pop off you have to lower the stering wheel all the way down same witk the gear shift lever
    check the acuator