Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Brakes

2»

Comments

• lmadani3lmadani3 Posts: 1
    Yeah. I've read and been through it that the parking brake should be used anytime you park. Stress is less on the trans. The slide is from the trans going into the parking gear. You can eliminate this by putting the car in Neutral, apply the parking brake, then shift into park.
  • muggelbergmuggelberg Posts: 19
    I have a 2003 Impala with a brake problem... the pedal still pulsates when i push on the brakes... I changed the font rotors and pads yesterday.... Is there anything else that I need to address????

Thanks
    Big Bill
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Posts: 288
    Rear rotors.
    Be sure the wheel nuts are tightened to spec and tightened in proper order.
    That was my next guess as well... I have been using my torque(sp) wrench to tighten the lugs to spec... I guess it's time to jack it up again!! lol

Thanks
    Big Bill
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Posts: 288
    And tighten them in proper order, 1 - 3 - 5 - 2 - 4.
    My repair manual states 100 ft-lbs of torque.
    I have done everything per the service manual. I starting to think it might be a busted belt in the tire.. I'm going to check into that now.

thanks bill
  • cobcob Posts: 210
    I had the same problem with an 04 and found the metal on the back rotors was peeling off and the pulsation was due to missing metal on the rotors. Replaced rear pads and rotors and stops smooth. They were the factory rotors that were falling apart.
  • insolatinsolat Posts: 1
    Had new brakes put on the car all the way around. After about 500 miles of driving, I started hearing a "clicking" noise when the brakes were applied slowly. This did not happen when quickly applying the brakes. Took the car back to the mechanic, they turned the rotors which did not fix the problem. They replaced all 4 brake pads and the "clicking" stopped until the car was driven about 500 miles again. Also, as I stop slowly, there seems to be a squeaking noise.
  • I have a 2007 Impala and I thought the same thing. I thought it was just me. It moves to the extent if I were to park too close to a car in front of me, I would hit it if I took my foot off the brake. I could see someone or something getting squished if it were between the two vehicles.
2»
This discussion has been closed.