Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Audio

1235»

Comments

• jwboothjwbooth Posts: 27
    Thanks again, billyperks2. Now I can call the dealer's service center, knowing for sure that there is a problem with the software.
  • rlonn1rlonn1 Posts: 106
    Just a few hundred miles on my TL. First my wife's 2009 TSX-Tech as you change from AM-FM,CD or XM I find the audio volume setting about the same, number 8-9. All audio sources are balanced.
    On my 2010 TL, XM,HDD,USB or CD are all about the same around a 8 volume setting like my wife's TSX, HOWEVER when I go to AM or FM I have to increase the volume setting to almost 14 or 15 to get it close to the others sources.. Anyone have a similar issue and if yes, did you get it fixed and how?
    :confuse:
  • after frustration with FM interference, I bought a wired FM modulator and connect it to the back of factory radio. the vendor gave me the diagram and detailed instruction how to take Acura TL 2001 factory radio out and connect (24 steps). it was a struggle as this is the first for me to dismantle anything from TL but afterwards, it is perfect buy. I hide everything behind the radio and drill a hole on the wood trim ( I found out of course it is not wood) for the wire of switch which I stick to the wood trim. the wired FM modulator is of CD quality when I listen to my iPhone.

Because 2001 TL doesn't allow any after market stereo, wired FM modulator is a valid option.

btw, my 2001 TL has just passed 100k miles today. it's a solid car that never given me any trouble in the last 9 years. add a FM modulator transfer my old TL to the iPod times. cheers.
    Just a few hundred miles on my TL. First my wife's 2009 TSX-Tech as you change from AM-FM,CD or XM I find the audio volume setting about the same, number 8-9. All audio sources are balanced.
    On my 2010 TL, XM,HDD,USB or CD are all about the same around a 8 volume setting like my wife's TSX, HOWEVER when I go to AM or FM I have to increase the volume setting to almost 14 or 15 to get it close to the others sources.. Anyone have a similar issue and if yes, did you get it fixed and how?
    :confuse:
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I have a 08 TL with the ELS Surround Sound system; the car is only a year and a half old yet I've noticed within the last 6 months, and it got worse as the cold winter months came on, that when I hit the power button to turn the stereo on there is this constant low tone hissing like sound that comes out of the speakers and is at its loudest when it first is turned on before the music starts playing! while a song is playing on the XM I don't hear it because the sound drowns out the hiss but when the song stops and there is a few second pause till the next XM song starts, you hear that hiss again during the transition so I'm assuming the hiss is there all the time but you just can't hear it while the song is playing?

do you guys have any ideas what this hiss might be? is there something wrong with the sound system? any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
    This might be the White Noise circuit designed to cancel out outside noise using the car radio system. I thought this was only something new in the 09-10, but I could be wrong
    :confuse: :confuse:
  • hello... can someone tell me how i can conect my ipod to my acura tl 2007????, but i dont want to conect it by the aux output.. i want to be able to changes songs from the navigation screen and to wacth videos..
  • Can't. I have a 2007 TLS w/Navi and the only way is Aux input. I think Acura may sell an adapter for the ipod but it's like $180. Ask your Acura service dept.
  • CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THAT ADAPTER OR THE NAME OF IT... BECAUSE I LIVE IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC IS HARD HERE TO FIND IT... PLEASE CAN U DO THAT FOR ME
  • Jon,

I've got the same issue....Did you fix or find out what was causing the non-playbak? A response would be much appreciated!

Jerimy
  • Original message

"Has anyone had the following problem? After battery was reconnected, radio code inserted, with radio and regular music CDs playing fine. None of my DVD Audio CDs will play. Radio displays on screen, "DVD-A", but no sound for each song/track. Anyone has any suggestions before I take to dealer? First time for this one. Thank you in advance."

Did you ever find a solution to your problem above...I'm in your shoes now and would love to hear if you found a fix.

Jerimy
  • Hi Don,
    did you ever get any information on dealing with a jammed cd on the 2002 TL CD player? I know it's been a few years but I'd sure be appreciative if you could share it with me.
    thanks,
    John
  • I saw someone was looking for a solution for hooking their Apple Iphone system into the system without using the Aux input. Here's a solution I found on Youtube.

This site offers a $69.00 solution. The videos follow show how it works and they have an installation video on Youtube as well.
    http://enfigcarstereo.com/BLITZSAFE_HON_MLINK1_V2X.html
    I'd be willing to attempt the installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVuAXoQPTw&feature=channel&list=UL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5n5y13jgo&feature=relmfu
  • happynanahappynana Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Can you use the seventh generation ipod nano in the 2012 TL?
1235»