Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Lighting

167891012»

Comments

• boblawboblaw Posts: 3
    has anyone figured out how to adjust high beams? if the low beams

are adjusted does this affect the high beams?
    thanks boblaw
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    boblaw,

If you adjust the low beams...the high beams adjust with it as each adjustment affects the entire headlight housing.

Mike
  • It does seem to be a good idea to have an extra bulb or two in the car. It seems the haolgen bulbs don't last as long as sealed beams but it's a lot easier to carry a spare.
  • joew6969joew6969 Posts: 4
    I have a 2009 Hyundai Azera Limited. We all know that the standard halogen bulbs are lousy for night driving, especially out here in rural Ely, NV. There are NO aftermarket bulbs for the H-11B low beam. I found an H.I.D. conversion kit made specifically for the H-11B light bulb. It only costs $120.00 and is available at www.hidguy.net. I am going to order the 6000K kit because it gives the appearance of BMW, Mercedes and Audi like H.I.D.'s. When you view the kit online it describes how the kit fits H-11Bs' without any modifications. As soon as mine arrives and I install it I will post another message and let you know how easy the kit was to install and if I am happy with the look and performance of it.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Posts: 160
    joew6969,

If possible, can you take as many pictures as possible of the process? It would be of great help to those of us who are more visual learners
    I'm always looking for a way to make my Azera look unique, but still keep it classy. I think I have succeeded. I underlined my headlights with some LED strips. In the pics...I don't have the headlights on as I still need to upgrade the bulbs to a hyper-white bulb so it all blends together. I'm also going to switch my fog lights back from the euro yellow to hyper-white as well. Let me know what you think...

• 101649101649 Posts: 192
    allmet
    looks good Are the led strips inside the light cover??? Where did you get the strips??Are they wired separately for independent operation???
    Thanks man...it took some playing around before I figured out how I wanted it. The strips I picked up from Auto Zone (24" LED light kit with adhesive back). They are wired to come on when the car is running, sorta my answer to daytime running lights as the Azera isn't equipped and I don't like burning my regular headlights since it greatly shortens bulb life. I wired them with the negative running to the battery's negative terminal, and the positive lead is running through my firewall to my fuse box for the cut on.
    thanks...did you mount them on the outside of the headlight housing or did you "bake" the housing and take it apart???
    101649...the LED strips are actually mounted to a small lip on the bumper underneath the front edge of the headlight housing. I didn't feel like baking the headlights and pulling them apart because if you don't put them back together right way, you're asking for condensation build-up in them.

I did, however, remove the headlight housings, cleaned that lip area really good for best adhesion and applied the strips end to end so it looks like one continuous strip. Then I ran the wires for the ones on the passenger side to the ones on the driver's side (I had to splice wire in between using butt connectors). I then ran the wire through the firewall (piggy-backing on my amp power wire) to the fuse box and I'm using a 10 amp source that is only on when the car is running. The negative lead is connected directly to the battery negative terminal.
    How many of the "light kits" did you purchase??? One for each side??

Thanks
    101649...I used one kit per side. The 24" kit is actually 2 - 12" strips. The kit is sold by Auto Zone and the package only says "FLEX LED" at the top. The bottom shows a name of "Alpena".

I had to cut a small notch in the lip at the inside corner of the lip to allow for the strip to lay straight and the wire end would have a place to go. I laid the 2nd strip down by butting the open end against the open end of the first one so it looks like one long continuous strip. The wired end ends up where the turn signal light is. (approx).

For good adhesion, make sure you clean the lip off really well. Install on a fairly warm day (above 70 degrees for best results) and press each strip into place with firm pressure for about 20-30 seconds. Being warmer allows you to shape the strip to the curve of the lip much more easily.
  • ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    VERY nice job, buddy! I'll be looking for you on the highway... Seems we have similar tastes: black is the new silver, eh? My '08 I've messed with a few times trying to figure out how/why you cannot engage the DRL which have to be there or they couldn't sell them in Canada (don't anyone scream at me about the '10 and later models not being "up there"). Has anybody figured that one out? I'm a fed, so I tend to burn mine all the time because I travel to/from Charleston/Columbia between 4:30-6:30am or 7-9PM, but - I'm certainly open to keeping mine burning longer. Curiously enough, the original stock bulbs are still burning after 60,000+. Of course, I've got a couple spares and two spare 2100 lumen high beams in the trunk.

Just how long did the whole shebang take you?

While I'm thinking, has anyone tried putting in a real horn that replaces the wimpy OEM bleet?
    Thanks man! :shades: Not sure why you're having trouble with DRL's up there, I know all cars sold in Canada have to have DRL's (should be law down here too). I used to run my headlights all the time, but got tired of replacing bulbs all the time because of the shortened lifespan. Well...the LED's have proven to be a very viable solution. During the sunniest of days it's not an issue, but those times when it's just cloudy enough to be gloomy out, but not dark enough to activate the auto lights to come on...they are the perfect answer.

Considering I had to wrestle with getting the headlights out...the total job took me about 1.5 hours. However, now that I know where everything is and how to do it...I can see it taking me between 30-45 mins. if I did it again.

Sorry to hear your horn is rather whimpy...mine is fine. However, replacing it shouldn't be hard...once you locate it.

As a side note, after 4 years I finally found out how to adjust the headlights. I feel so silly...especially after seeing how easy it is! LOL
    Sorry, I re-read my message and thought the same you did: but I'm in South Carolina. I just noted that there has to be a way since they couldn't have been sold in Canada without the DRLs. I'm not sure what's wrong with my horn, sounds like I'm driving a Pinto or something - maybe only one of them connected or something. I found a good alternative from CandlePower. Will get under the hood and fight 'em until I can blow an 18-wheeler off the road when it's going stupid. ;)
    ratledge

watch our for an '06 black on black flying low and fast under the radar thru Columbia on 26 to 77 on the 30th in the late afternoon.....blacked out chrome and a candy apple red "RS" badge on the grill and yellow euro driving light lenses....traveling from Tampa to VA......as Jeremy says on Top Gear..."Out of the way Germans!!!"
  • shalakoshalako Posts: 4
    You wrote "after 4 years I finally found out how to adjust the headlights."

Do you know how to adjust the high-beam headlights? In my '06 Azera,
    the high beams are aimed too low. My dealer said there is no adjustment.
    I do not believe him.

Thanks for any information!
    I hate to tell you this but looking at things, it would seem the adjustment affects the headlight housing as a whole. It would seem odd that you're high beams are seemingly aimed low and your low beams are fine.

At any rate, to adjust your headlights...there's a neat little piece you can find on the back side of the housing between the low & high beam caps. I have taken a pic of the driver's side headlight so you can get an understanding of where to look (see in yellow circle).

Using a phillips head screw driver, slide the tip of it into the "cuff" and turn it to adjust as needed.
    hmmm... I'll be here, but unfortunately in detention (LMAO): I work at the DOJ and my shift is 7am-7pm. Es macht immer Spaß mit ihnen oder dem Eigentümer Lexii Uhr bestaunen Sie die Azera, nicht wahr? (I've got a good friend in Copenhagen, so - I can speak Danish and get away with seemingly deutsch.) Helt ærligt det er meget lettere at gå med dansk. (Frankly it is a lot easier to go with Danish) or stick with English. :shades:
  • yaqui1yaqui1 Posts: 6
    Gentlemen: A few years ago, dealing with similar questions on replacement bulbs for my Volvo, I decided to simply use a photographic light meter (most any one will do) on a fixed base (such as a tripot) in front of the car to measure the light intensity from the bulbs. It worked nicely to prove which bulb output the most light.
167891012»
This discussion has been closed.