Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Lighting

Comments

• Wow...they look very bright! Looks great to me.
    How did the installation go?
    I don't think it was to hard correct?

I'm sorry I didn't have time to post some pics of my installation. I was gone all week...sorry.

Regards,
  • eclaixpeclaixp Posts: 46
    Installation was easier than I thought. 30 mins top. The hardest was when handling the bulbs into the headlight assemblies, running the wires appropiately, and deciding where to place the ballastss. I made the holes in the caps by using a tool that you use with a drill (sorry I can't be more specific). Perfect holes. I used double sided tape to glue the ballasts. Did not need the brackets. One is taped to the battery and the other to the windshield liquid tank. No movement whatsoever. I do suggest that you buy HID with built in ignitors and that includes harness relay + a good warranty. I bought mine with 5 year warranty.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Nice pics - thanks for posting them. :)
  • Those lights look beautiful, and of course the Azera is a beautiful car to begin with. Maybe Hyundai is watching and we can expect factory HID in the near future, all at a lower price than the competition and with even better quality.
  • eclaipx - what brand and model number did you purchase that gives you a 5 year warranty? Did you tap into the battery or use the factory harness that feeds the factory bulbs to power the ballast/ignitor?

I am looking at both a Phillips kit and a McCulloch. Was told both were excellent kits.

Thanks
  • eclaixpeclaixp Posts: 46
    I bought them from a seller on eBay (genuine_auto). However, the distributors are: http://www.xenonlightsource.com/
    I got the 4300K H7 kit. They come with a standard 3 year warranty but for an additional $29.99 you can get 2 more years for a total of 5 years. I worked out a deal with the seller and got em for less than $220. Also, it came with the harness relay which I used for the installation. I just hope the company doesn't go bankrupcy on me within 5 years.
    BTW, I got my HID 5 days after sending payment via Paypal.
  • Has anyone replaced the headlights on an Azera with either the GE Nighthawks or Sylvania bulbs? If yes, what product code? I have an '07 I want to change to brighter lights.
  • cdmuilecdmuile Posts: 152
    Cajazzfan,
    I went with Narva Rangefinder+50 bulbs bought from Daniel Stern lighting. They are German made and made a big difference in the Azzie. The website was very helpful.
  • Eclaixp - thanks for lead. Found the same kit and trying to decide whether to go for the 4300K or the 6000K. I am most interested in the brightness and not the blue colorization.

Looks like $189 plus shipping...can't wait to see the difference in my 07 Sonata Limited!

Wish I could be more like you guys..you know rich and all :) I love the Azera but just couldn't scrape up enough dough :cry:
  • tedztedz Posts: 2
    I am trying to get a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs for my low beam.... Sylvania WEB site does not list the Azera... the local auto stores have no idea.... gave them the number in the owers book PX26d... need HELP... Thanks
  • tedztedz Posts: 2
    Has anyone gotten back to you on this ??? I am trying to get the same information... Thanks
  • I am not sure if I follow you but I believe you only need to know your bulb type which is H7. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
  • cableguy06,

Definetely go for the 4300k for brightness. 6000k will give u blue tint and less brightness guarantee. If I were you, I'd contact the seller and offer him a reasonable lower price. Email me @ eclaixp@yahoo.com if you want more details. Don't want to post prices in forums.
  • Just shot you an e-mail. Looking forward to our conversation!
  • What size spare do you have in your 2007 Azera? The 2006, all had full size spares. My 2007 has a space saver spare. :( If you have a 2007 check yous spare tire size and let us know here.
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    All 2007's come with compact spare.
    All 2006's came with full size spare mounted on same wheel as is on 4 other wheels
  • Hi guys,

Recently I had installed HIDs on my Azera SE: refer to post # 23.

There's something I don't like about the headlights. They seem to be misaligned? When I stand and crouch in front of the center of the car looking at the headlights, the driver side headlight outputs a brighter light as shown in the pic below:

image">

At first, I thought there was something wrong with my HIDs so I switched the bulbs around (from left to right and vice versa) but this didn't make any difference (driver headlight still brighter).

I then changed to original OEM bulbs (completely removed HID) and still same results (driver bulb brighter). Also, while driving, I noticed the lighting output was broader on the co-pilot side as shown in the pics below (All pics below were taken with OEM bulbs installed, not HID):

Pic of headlight output when close to a wall (can't see much wrong):

Pic of headlight farther away:

Pic showing weird broader output to the right side:

As you can see, the light expands towards the right and then up. This also happened when I had HIDs installed.

Could some of you please take a detailed look at your headlights and let me know if you are also experiencing this? Stand and crouch in front and center of the car with your low beams on, do you notice if your driver bulb is brighter? Also, do your headlights output similar pattern than mine? I plan to take it to the dealer to see if they can fix this but before I'd like to hear from you. I'll greatly appreciate any help on this. Sorry for making this so long. (Sergio19, if you are reading this, could you please take a pic of the ouput of your HID against a wall at a far distance and at night?)

Thanks for your time.
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    I believe this is done to prevent glare into the eyes of approaching drivers. Not that this really matters to those installing HIDs.
  • jlindh, does your Azera have the same headlight output pattern?
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    I don't own an Azera, I'm only considering one. My Ford Explorer has a similar pattern. The shift to the right is most evident on low beam when the lights are directed away from the approaching driver. Are your pictures high or low beam?