Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M: Audio

Comments

• cgrecucgrecu Posts: 1
    Hi everybody,

a few months ago my cd changer (4 disc) stopped working, not sure what happened, but it looks like a disc got stucked or something, because when I press eject it tries for a while and then displays an error message and moves to the next disc and so on.

I'd like to replace the cd changer, somebody told me that unless I use a factory model I will lose the on-wheel controls and I will only be able to control the new stereo via its own knobs, not sure if that's true?

And, since I'm at the subject, I'd like to be able to plug my iPod to the car stereo, is there any way I could do that? I've read on this forum that the 6-disc model has an aux port - that should do the trick, but is it compatible with my 2001 300M?

Also, how easy is to replace the cd-changer, I have little experience with this stuff, but I'd hate to go to a dealer and get charged $1000 or smth like this when I could buy everything I need off ebay and do it myself.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    If you're going to replace it with a factory CD changer (which might not be necessary), it's easy as pie. Pop off the console cover and take out the two screws holding the CD player in place. Pull it out, unplug it, grab the new one and reverse the steps.

Yes, you will lose the use of the steering wheel buttons with an aftermarket stereo.

There is an adaptor you can buy to hook up to the factory radio that allows you to plug in MP3 players. I can't remember the company that makes it though, sorry. Do a google search or go to the 300M club website forums and search the Audio Upgrades threads.
  • redyredy Posts: 1
    Can someone assist me in changing out the radio/CD player from my 1999 300M. How and where do I remove the console cover? Do I have to? Everything is plastic and I am afraid to break something. A CD got stuck in the old one so I am replacing the entire unit.
    Just pry the plastic cover off the console then there are 2 screws holding the CD player in. Why not just open up the CD player and take the disc out? It would save you a few hundred bucks.
  • thepajthepaj Posts: 1
    Hi,

I just bought a 2001 300M, and I love it. However, I was putting CD's into the player and the whole stereo is frozen and reads 1SEL. the 1SEL stays on even after I have taken the keys out of the ignition.... Any advice out there.

thanks,

The Paj
    It's stuck in Driver Memory Selection mode for some reason. Press #2 on the seat memory button and see what happens. Then press #1 again.
  • mike23bmike23b Posts: 5
    i just bought a 1999 Chrysler 300M and the door speakers don't work on either door all small speakers are working does anyone no what the problem could be
    The speakers are either not there, or they're disconnected.
    I check the speakers are there so could you tell me how to check and see if there just disconnected. :confuse:
    Take them out and see if their plugged in at the back of the speaker. The grille just pulls right off, but you might have to use something to pry it loose first. After that, I believe there are 3 screws holding the speaker in. Unscrew those and pull the speaker out.
    There hooked up in the back of speaker but still not working any other solutions
  • 300mr300mr Posts: 5
    I just pickup up a 2000 300M. It has an after market Sony Stereo, and has the wiring harness adapters. So I went ahead and hooked up my JVC CD stereo. All the lights are on but no sound. I checked everything, nothing worked. So I put the old stereo back in and now that has the same symptoms, no sound. Is there an AMP is these cars that I need to reset or a fuse for it? Any advice would help. Just as a note I'm a DIY type of guy and have installed many stereos. All wires are color coded and with the after market wiring harness it makes things even easier.
    Yes, there is a factory amp in the truck on the passenger side behind the liner. Sounds like the previous owner may have taken out his aftermarket amp which had been routed to the speakers.
    Thanks for the input, but I forgot to add that the Sony worked before I pulled it out. The radio worked fine, CD player didn't work and that was part of the reasoning for me to install my JVC. So i was wondering if this is a common issue with these types of cars and if they are fussy when adding removing stereos. Maybe I blew the fuse for the factory AMP?
    No, they're not fussy at all with adding equipment. Tons of 300M guys have hacked up their dashes with all sorts of aftermarket stereos and such. Maybe you did blow a fuse. I don't know which fuse is for the radio, though. Disconnect the battery and start pulling fuses until you get lucky. ;)
    Thanks for the great advice!
    Can you tell me exactly where the AMP is, I realize you stated in the truck on the passenger side, but where exactly. Is it mounted high, is it mounted on the floor etc. I could use the help. I confirmed that my stereo works by hooking speakers up directly to it, so it must be the amp in the car that has a fuse blown for all the existing speakers inthe car not to work.

Thanks
    Mark
    Thanks for the feedback, in all my haste I didn't hook up the Blue (Remote) wire for the AMP. DUH! All good now, sounds great.
    Thanks!
  • Does anyone know how to remove those?
    Yes, and you're not going to like the answer. :sick: You have to remove the whole backseat and the plastic trim on the C-pillars. :surprise: Then carefully slide the parcel shelf forward to remove it (to some degree); the middle seatbelt goes through it.

- Remove the lower seat cushion. Just give it a firm jerk upward on the driver and passenger side and it pops right out.
    - Unbolt the seatbelts. Those bolts also hold the seatback in place.
    - Get a good grip on the bottom of the seatback. Pull the bottom forward to clear the mounting studs then lift up on the entire seatback to unhook it. This is a very awkward procedure.
    - Remove the C-pillar trim. Use firm, but STEADY pressure to remove the trim, otherwise you will break it or a mounting tab. Once you feel the tab pop out, lean the trim out at the top (toward the opposite side of the car) and lift out.
    - Loosen or remove the lower trim beside the seatback. It's probably better to remove it. To remove it, you will have to take out the door sill cover. It just pops right out.
    - Once the trim pieces are out of the way, slide the parcel shelf forward and pull it out.

Now you have access to the speakers. The steps to getting to the speakers will take you 20 minutes or less, depending on your comfort level. Good luck!