Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M: Audio

Comments

• thanks a lot. I got to them. you'd be amazed at what falls in between the seat. i'm glad that i got to them because one of them had a tear in them. it was an annoying install but not more annoying than listening to that busted speaker every morning
  • gregoryjgregoryj Posts: 2
    :confuse: I now have my rear deck exposed and removed factory infinitys with after market infinity kappa 6x9 3-ways with x-overs....Problem when the kappas are seated in mounting space they ground out...remove them from slot they play fine...anyone know of a wiring ground by-pass or should I try silicon adhesive to mount kappas to avoid metal-metal contact....???
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Avoid the metal-to-metal contact.
  • After installing the kappa 693.6x9" and the Kappa 60.7 for the front door..(without supplied xover)..the sound is lacking in bass in the the front and weak in the rear..is there any user adjustable settings on this factory infinity system that can be accessed or can a powered sub be added..if so how.... :confuse:
  • I recently replaced the original battery in my 300M. After changing the battery, all my radio presets were still OK, but the radio doesn't seem to recognize that the changer exits (only switches between AM & FM on the steering wheel button). The changer is powered up, and no problems loading or removing discs. The radio just doesn't seem to know the changer is there... Any ideas?
  • bull56bull56 Posts: 1
    Ok Car Gurus,
    I have a 2000 Chrysler 300M and my “premium infinity” sound system is starting to become crap. The driver-side door speaker is all static/vibrations so I turned my front speakers off. However, now my rear speakers are starting to get a little vibration to them. I do not blast my speakers by any means, but by the sound of them one would think so. I have to admit; I am not car repair savvy so doing a personal repair may be difficult. I took my car the Best Buy and they told me that they would need to rewire my whole sound system for the new speakers. :( So I guess my questions is… “Is it possible to buy high quality speakers and install them myself?” Or am I looking at spending some $$ to fix the problem. :confuse:

Thanks for the help in the matter.
  • Does anyone know if there are RCA audio outputs on the factory stereo or amp? i want to add some bass but don't want to replace stereo or use high level inputs.
  • I had the same problem with my 2001 300M cd changer and I bought a new one from an Ebay auto parts dealer that is the exact same cd changer model number and when I plugged in the connector on the back all the amber lights started flashing in unison and I got an Err message on the display. I tried unplugging and re-plugging and get the same result. Am I missing something?
  • It is easy to change the speakers in the front. They could be going bad like mine did. All you need to do to change the front speakers is pop the grill off and unscrew the speaker and unwire it and rewire it. A lot easier than it sounds. The rear is a PITA. You have to take your whole back seat out to get to them. Get you a Haynes 300m guide to find out how. It is worth it in the end.

Dont go to best buy for car installs. You will only have to go behind them and do it over.
  • k well ive got a few problem replacing some of the components of my 2002 300M sound system.

1. I bought a new stereo for it and when i go to plug it in it turns on fine, but there is no sound coming from the speakers. I reinstalled the stock stereo and the speakers work as usual. How do I get the speakers to work?

2. I am hearing some buzzing from the mioddle dash speaker, but cant get the dash piece all the way off to access it for repair/replacement. How do I get that piece all the way off?

3. I am planning on replacing the rear speakers at a later date but dont know how to access them. How to I access them for replacement?

thanks.
  • Can anybody help me with pictures or diagrams or fix-it ideas for my CD changer which currently has in its stomach 6 CD's and will not plag them or eject them. How can I fix this problem or how can I remove the changer? Help
    pandabeer
  • Thanks! I got the cd changer out with a tip on this blog. Problem; the CD changer was trashed. I got this brilliant idea to adapt an I-pod instead of putting in a new changer. Checked out USA SPEC PA11 Ipod interface on line. Anybody have experience with this? Then I got the brilliant idea of substituting an I-phone for the Ipod. Anybody know if an adapter is made which will plug into the cord for the CD Changer? You could then run your Ipod downloads through the existing sound system, and maybe do the same with the phone? Am I talking tomorrowland here or does this stuff exist. Thanks!
    Pandabeer
  • pkrpkpkrpk Posts: 1
    I just had battery replaced and my cd changer is showing these symptoms - amber lights flashing in unison, Err message. Also, won't eject cds that were already inserted for play. Any suggestions?
  • The radio in my 300 M blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse now my speakers don't work. Looking across the speaker terminals with a VOM I see a short. Is this normal? Any help given is greatly appreciated.
  • Anyone know Where's the amplifier on 300M located ?
  • in the trunk, under the carpet on the right wheel well
  • Give a shout if anyone has info on how I can adapt my iphone to receive calls on my fm radio, and play mp3s through my fm radio in my 300m. Help! Merry Christmas!
    Pandabeer
  • Look in you Trunk on the Left or the Right side. You will have to move the panels though.
  • Hi,
    If anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

I just bought a beautiful 2003 Black 300M. It only has 12k miles. It's like brand new.

I love the car, but the sound system is not really that good. It has the "Premium" system and not the "Infinity" system.

Does this car have a seperate amplifier? From what I have read in other forums, the Infinity system does, but I can't find any information on the base Premium system.

Also, if I change the in-dash stereo, are there any brands on the market that will allow me to retain the steering wheel volume controls?

Any suggestions on brands of receivers and speakers. I am not looking for a real hard core system with a subwoofer, just something that has better e.q.. The "Premium" system has a really harsh midrange and a really weak low frequency response.

I am an audio engineer by trade, and I just can't take much more of the system from the factory as I am used to working on studio monitors all day. When I get in the car and listen to what I have been working on, I want to just turn it off. For those who care, it seems there is about a 6db boost at around 2.5k-4.0k. The low end seems to roll off around 120hz.

I am all ears, so please give me your two cents worth!