Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cobalt: Reviews (Car & Driver, Edmunds, etc.)

2»

Comments

• Well I dont own a sedan,I own a SS Supercharged 2 door coupe.I really Love my car it is alot of fun to drive and alot of people tell me how sharp it is. If it matters it is a 2007.I have to say the last car I owned that I Loved as much as this Cobalt would be a 1970 Olds Cutlass. When my wife and I get ready to go somewhere it does not matter where I always want to take the Cobalt and leave her Chevy 4x4 at home,unless it is snowing,When it is snowing the Cobalt stays at home,Even though I put better tires on the front it still does not want to go or stop in the snow,this would be the only thing that I dont like about it. spent 300 bucks for these tires and it was a waste of money,the dealer found these tires and I made alot of calls but the tires I put on it were the only ones we could find. Next year the Cobalt will stay in the garage and I will buy a beater.
  • I cant find the post someone was looking for some euro tail lights,Go to JC Whitney,they have some for the cobalt,They have two diff kinds.
  • 'Now, the above observation leads me to a question for all of you Cobalt owners. Are you truly happy with your vehicle thus far? We've heard from several people in this forum that are either somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied, so if you're a lurker and you're very satisfied with your Cobalt, please speak up. I'd like to hear more feedback from Cobalt owners on here.'
    This is a bit later than that initial post, but I'm a lazy lurker :O)
    My 2006 ls coupe is going to be one year old at the end of this month and I have not had one problem at all.
    None.
    I know absolutely zilch about cars so I can't really respond too indepth about car stuff, but I think that's why I love it so much! It starts, it drives and it makes me smile when I see it sitting in a crowded parking lot looking all pretty after a car wash :o)
    I am very pleased with all aspects of it & I guess that's my review.
  • okko1okko1 Posts: 327
    whats not to love. the car is a blast to drive it looks good it move very well it's comfortable can't complain about 28 mpg sound system loud enough for us old people and the chics dig it haha
  • Here's another good review of this car.

Chevy keeps on improving this little car.

Cobalt SS Review

http://www.caroftheday.org
  • I own a 2007 Cobalt LS coupe. I bought it for $10,300 and it has a 5 year/ 100,000 mile warranty. I would love to see where you can buy a comparable Japanese car for that price with that warranty. I think that many auto publications underestimate this car. I have not had a single problem with it for the 7k miles that I've had it and since I plan on doing regular maintenance I don't think I will have any problems with it. Inside and out it has a quality look and feel. The only thing lacking a quality "feel" are the wheelcovers: they constantly squeak but alloys from an auto store will fix that. It has some nice touches that are found on more expensive cars such as the DIC, auto-headlights, speed sensitive wipers and power steering. It has the most standard horsepower in its class and I get at least 30MPG (I'm a lead foot too). The car also looks great and sporty (especially in the coupe). You want to talk about owner loyalty... I plan on buying another Cobalt (or similar vehicle) when the time comes. Besides maybe a handful of Fords and one or two Chryslers there's nothing that will tear me away from GM.
  • Just purchased a 2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe in Summit White this Saturday. Traded in a 2006 Jeep Liberty that was giving me about 15 mpg. Needed something more efficient so we wound up with the little Chevy in our driveway that afternoon. So far a great little car. I have the 2.4L with the 5-speed manual, and it handles like a champ. Engine could be smoother and quicker to rev, and there could be a little less body lean in corners, but hey this isn't a sports car. Returned 28.8 mpg on first tank of gas! Interior is very quiet, even though my car is equipped with the sunroof. Despite having the sport model, ride comfort is very good and unwanted body motions are well controlled. Front seat comfort is very good from the supportive well bolstered (heated) leather seats. However, the cushions are a little short. Also I wont for a telescoping steering wheel, but overall the control relationship is quite good. The interior design and materials has to be one of my favorite features about the Cobalt. Everything looks and feels like it belongs in a more expensive midsize sedan rather than a small economy car, especially the thick rimmed leather wrapped steering wheel. The back seat is small and it is hard to get to, but this is a coupe after all, and the trunk opening could be a little bigger. Overall this is a great little car, just the right balance of sportiness and comfort, and great fuel economy! Very happy with my new Cobalt! :P
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    They are a very good car for the money. I have driven a couple of them and would be happy with the standard 2.2 L which is pretty quick. Other than just average styling like most cars in the compact class, I could live with this car for many years no problem. For now though I will stick with my old reliable 92 S10 p/u.
  • I bought my 2008 Cobalt sedan off the show room floor last month. Actually went to look at a used 2006 Cobalt but got a brand new one with all the warranties. With GMC discount and dealer loyalty discount, price came to $14,769. I love this car! The first tank of gas lasted 3 weeks averaging 27mpg (all in-city driving). I am very happy with the way it looks and runs. Just one problem with the silver aluminum color - there's a lot of small silver cars now and I actually tried to get into someone else's car in the parking lot! I know the back seat is only good for small kids and packages but it's usually just me and maybe one passenger so no problem there. It runs smooth and quiet. Can't wait for winter to use the remote start. I'll say it again, I love my Cobalt!
2»
This discussion has been closed.