Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Noises

13»

Comments

• Colordancer,

I'm having the identical problem in my 2010 Sentra SR... a knocking noise when braking and accelerating, and a screeching sound when turning the wheel immediately after coming out of reverse.

If you can, please let me know what your dealer says about the problem. I've had the car in for this issue twice and have been told that the sounds are normal--but I'm not ready to accept that.
  • I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra SR, I just purchased. It had seven miles on it. During initial start up and for a period of 2-3 min it has a loud whining/buzzing noise emitting from the engine compartment. It is noticeable from inside the cabin and outside. I thought it was a just a break in thing that would go away. However I have around 200 miles and the car still has the same issue. I talked to my local Nissan service section over the phone. They tried to tell me it was normal, I requested documents to validate. He tried to tell me it was TSB and I have access to TSB and I could not locate it. He then fumbled around and told me he would call me back.
  • malachymalachy Posts: 17
    Your call sounds just like my 2010. No problems however...
  • I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra. There is a distinct knocking noise that happens under the following conditions: the car has not been driven for a while, engine is cold, and I reach 19-20 miles per hour while accelerating and the car makes a knocking noise (like a hammer on metal) a few times then stops. It goes away as I drive the car more. It seems to happen only once and only under those conditions. I took the car to a Nissan dealership service to get the right front struts replaced because that's what I was told was making the knocking noise. I also had the oil changed. The knocking is still there. Any ideas? I've read that it can be an engine bearing problem. How expensive is this to fix? Anyone have this knocking noise and just lived with it? I feel that if I try to sell or trade in this car in the future and the knocking noise is there, it will diminish the value of the car. I'm very disappointed. This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased and it's already giving me problems.
  • mauka1mauka1 Posts: 1
    I had the same problem. Knocking when the engine was cold. Had 55,000 miles on the car. Long story short...Dealership said car needs a new short block and that it is covered under warranty at the moment. Defective bearing, etc...?
13»