Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LeSabre Starting/Stalling Problems

15678911»

Comments

• la_chelela_chele Posts: 3

Good Day All,

I own a 1997 Buick Lesabre Limited, "Tim-Bob" Recently it has been powering off while driving. I have about 148,000+ miles on it. Had a complete tune-up, oil change, air filter change, and tire rotation about 2 months ago. I let it warm up a good 5 minutes or so before heading out.

My husband took the car to a reputable mechanic who charged us $300 for one small part (and I don't know which one it is) and labor. He opened the ENTIRE panel under the steering wheel and fixed the car. A little over a week later and Tim-Bob shuts off again.

I've done some reading & research and alot of people on this forum suggests that it's either the IAC or the Mass Air Flow Sensor. I'm willing to buy the part(s) but would like some advice before I proceed.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,376
    edited July 24

@la_chele said: Recently it has been powering off while driving.

How does it shut off? Immediately like the key was turned off? Or does it kind of misfire a few times?

How does it restart? Immediately? Or does it have sit 15-30 minutes before it restarts?

Any Service Engine lights come on as it shuts off?

What part was replaced?

Does the shutoff happen about the same length of time after you've started driving?

For the record, it only needs 10-30 seconds warm up before driving away gently. Saves gas.

• la_chelela_chele Posts: 3

How does it shut off: Immediately, gives no warning How does it re-start: Put the car in park and give the key a few cranks until it starts again Any service engine lights: None at all What part: Unknown, the mechanic didn't say and will not take my calls. I only know he opened up the entire panel under my steering wheel/steering column. Shutoff: Varies, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few miles

15678911»