Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forester Interior & Passenger Comfort Questions

124»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You could try another 2006 at a CarMax or used car dealer to compare.

If you want to add padding to the seat, I'd look in your local yellow pages under Auto - Upholstery. I'm sure they can do that for you.
  • bigfrank3bigfrank3 Posts: 426
    Which model do you have? I have an 06 Premium with the power seat, and I have a bad disc in my back (L4, L5). I find my seat very comfortable and find that I just needed to play with all the adjustments to find what works best.

As I remember, even the manual seat adjusts the seat bottom tilt as it is raised and lowered. You may want to raise the seat a bit with that adjustment as I believe it picks up the back of the seat bottom.

There is also an adjustable lumbar support on the right side of the seat back that may be providing too much "support" for your taste and comfort.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    Forester seats are known for being uncomfortable on extended drives. The power/leather seats are a little better, but the base cloth ones are poorly designed.
  • lionel2lionel2 Posts: 2
    Hmmmm..... these are not very extended drives.. as I bought this car used I doubt if they'll take it back and I'm not sure I really want to have it taken back. I like the car a lot except for this. But it is a large item. Do you think it would be possible to ask a Subaru dealer what it would cost to replace the front seats with the leather/powered type? Is this even possible?

Thanks
    I'm sure they could, for a price, but I bet even they will refer you to an upholstery shop.

Frank put Katskins on his Forester. I've seen another Forester with that leather and some say it's actually better than the OE stuff.

The trick is to also ask them to add some foam/padding.
  • tokmiktokmik Posts: 1
    with regards to your problem check this out: http://www.carpetcleaningcoop.com.html
  • sgloonsgloon Posts: 303
    Might you have to worry about the airbags in the seats if you want to reupholster it???

I'm thinking an upholsterer might not want that liability.
    Katskins seats have an area that breaks away. They even have an SRS label I believe.
  • sgloonsgloon Posts: 303
    Ah! Good to know!

Thanks, Juice.
    I may, just maybe, get some for my new Miata. I'd like some two-tone black-blue leather with seat heaters. Sweeeeeet! :shades:
  • dryflydryfly Posts: 8
    Hi:

Have 2001 Forester S. Need to replace cup holder and clock compass. Local dealer
    says $89 for holder and $100+ for clock and this does not include service charges.
    Would it make sense to buy from a non Subaru parts dealer on the net and install myself? Is it easy to do?

TIA

don
    I installed lots of accessories on my 98 Forester when I had it.

Generally it's never too hard, but the instructions are terrible.

Try 1stsubaruparts.com to see what their cost is compared to the dealer, but I think your prices are fairly low already so you may only save $20-30 or so.
124»
This discussion has been closed.