Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Camry Owner Reports

13»

Comments

• 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    The Ford keypad is a nice feature -- I always liked it on our former company Crown Vic.

But with remote controls and now Smart Keys, I don't think anyone else is going to use the keypads.
  • edmund2460edmund2460 Posts: 293
    The drive belts were replaced at around 43K (dealer suggestion during oil change). The next week it was the right CV joint half axle. I had an OEM part put in and saved 40% over dealer cost. The steering wheel had a squeak in it right from the beginning that took several trips to fix with lubrication. So far I'm a little disappointed. This is my first Toyota.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    edmund2460 -

Historically, your 2003 Camry car will last a long, long time without major repairs (i.e. transmission, head gaskets, etc.). Those cars go 200-300k miles no sweat.

Bad CV joint at 43K is a premature failure, Toyota should have repaired it for free as a goodwill gesture. Did you try calling Toyota about it?
  • kyrptokyrpto Posts: 216
    Our '07 4cyl LE has 3500 miles on it
    Purchased Feb. '07.
    Last tankfull = 32mpg all highway.
    A well built car that has exceeded our expectations!
  • wwayleswwayles Posts: 7
    I've had my 2007 Camry LE I-4 AT since Nov. 2006 and it just turned 15K miles with no problems what so ever. It has sufficient power and gets about 30 mpg in suburban traffic.

The only suggestion I would make is that if you have to travel rough pot-holed roads, you'd be advised to look elsewhere. My daughter's GM SUV takes those roads far more smoothly than the Camry.
  • santocssantocs Posts: 54
    Hi,

I feel a little jerk when the automatic transmission changes from 1st gear to 2nd gear. I don't accelerate much and slowly increase the speed from 0 to 45 or 50 when starting from the stop light. also i feel the transmission is not very smooth and when i contacted the dealer they said that for 1st 1000 miles it is going to be like that and it will be really smooth after that. the car's computer is trying to learn the habits and its variable valve timing is adjusting.

Please let me know if this is correct and whether this is something to be taken care of. also could anyone tell me what all things should be taken care of during the initial stages of the car for a long term benefit.
  • gearhead8gearhead8 Posts: 12
    The forum title says Camry Owner Reports.
    Our 04 Camry LE with the 2.4 litre 4 cylinder and 4 speed automatic has been flawless for 74,000 miles. I'ts never been back to the dealer for anything.
    It is smooth, quiet, and efficient. I would buy another in a heartbeat, but at the moment, there is no reason to replace it.
    gearhead4
13»
This discussion has been closed.