Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse Electrical/Lighting Problems

1235»

Comments

• LongstrideLongstride NashvillePosts: 1
    edited November 6

Thanks for the great advice, spicoli2!

The low beams on my '05 Lacrosse wouldn't come on last night, either automatically or with the knob set to on, but the high beams worked fine. Both lamps had been replaced in the past couple of years, and I could see that the fuses were good.

I found your post and the positive feedback from others, and just got back from Advance Auto Parts with working low beams, thanks to you and a $35 replacement HDM relay module.

One year later, and I get a call from the Parking office at work saying my headlights are on in the garage. I opened the fuse box and thought I saw smoke, so I moved my car out into the sunlight to verify that there really was smoke. Not knowing where it was coming from, I started touching the fuses and relays until I got to the HDM module, which burned the heck out of my thumb. Luckily I got it out before a complete meltdown and took my car to the shop. They looked it over and said the entire box will need to be replaced with an estimate of $570.

Buick/GM needs to address this problem, as it seems to be common in the Lacrosse line.

• Since this thread will not be read by anyone I might as well talk to myself. My low beam problem turned out to be the bulbs, not the HDM or the BCM. It's illogical to have both bulbs go out at the same time, but apparently you can't always rely on logic to diagnose car problems.

I find it's great therapy to put in writing the grief caused by our vehicles (or GM). And, whenever an issue with my LaCrosse pops up, the first place I go for research is this forum. So please, keep making entries, you are helping many others by doing so.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,166

One year later, and I get a call from the Parking office at work saying my headlights are on in the garage. I opened the fuse box and thought I saw smoke, so I moved my car out into the sunlight to verify that there really was smoke. Not knowing where it was coming from, I started touching the fuses and relays until I got to the HDM module, which burned the heck out of my thumb. Luckily I got it out before a complete meltdown and took my car to the shop. They looked it over and said the entire box will need to be replaced with an estimate of $570.

Buick/GM needs to address this problem, as it seems to be common in the Lacrosse line.

Oh no! We're sorry for your experience and certainly understand why you're upset. If you would like for us to document this matter within our system please send your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership name via private message. We're also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com if you'd like to further discuss this matter.

Thanks,
    Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • My in laws have an 06 lacrosse and the headlights will come on automatically when the car is parked in the garage. They park the car after driving it and check about 30 minutes later and the lights will be on. I don't know if they are having problems with low beams because they don't drive at night. The car also needs to be jump started when this happens. Is it possible it could be this relay everyone is talking about?
  • kribarkribar Posts: 1
    gmcustsvc said:

Exactly what I found in my 2009 Buick LaCrosse tonight! I had replaced the HDM #35 about a year ago because the low beams would not come on, and tonight my wife was complaining that they would not turn off. It was hot when I pulled it, but thankfully, not smoking. I am so glad it is dark up here in WA this time of year, or we may not have noticed it! It could have burned my whole house down, and us in it!

Definately, Buick/GM needs to address this problem before lives are lost!
1235»