Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse: Real World MPG

124»

Comments

• Got my 2012 lacrosse eassist february 18th so i have it now for a little more than one month. I'm dissapointed with the actual mpg delivered. The car's computer says 18.9 mpg in suburban driving. That's about 7 less miles than advertised for city driving. I am not an agressive driver and cant really understand the reason for the low mpg, i have read other posts about similar low mpg being delivered by the 2012 eassist. Maybe someone from Buick can give a few tips on how to get the advertised mpg, if it is real, of course. :cry:
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Posts: 573
    I have a 2011 Lacrosse CX with the 2.4L DI 4-cyl engine (no e-assist) and do much better than 18.9 mpg. I get 23 mpg average with no problem and I get into the throttle quite a bit. 20 mpg in town is easy to make (for me) and 28-29 on the hwy driving 70 to 75 mph.

I can't answer why you get worse mileage than I do. You should have no problem hitting 25 mpg. Might consult your dealership because you are getting mileage that the 300HP 3.6L engine should achieve.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    juniorjunior,

Congratulations on your new 2012 LaCrosse! I can understand why you may be feeling disappointed about your fuel economy. The EPA's fuel economy estimates are designed to allow consumers to comparison shop, but your fuel economy will almost certainly vary from EPA's fuel economy rating. This is based on a number of factors, such as weather, road conditions, your driving and maintenance habits, and your use of air conditioning.

www.fueleconomy.gov has some great information on how to improve fuel economy (See "Gas Mileage Tips"), and if you decide to get this looked into
    by your dealership please be sure to let us know as we're available to assist in any way we can.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dj_lbcdj_lbc Posts: 4
    Sarah, I understand that real world mpg can vary due to all of those factors but it seems like it would be really difficult for a 2012 Lacrosse with E-assist to see mileage under 19 mpg unless someone was really trying hard to make that happen. It would be interesting to hear if you hear back regarding the issue and possible resolution.
  • Thanks, GMCust and Dodge Man, i think i will have the car looked at by the dealer and see what they say.
  • Totally agree, i'll keep you all posted.
  • Have a NEW 2012 Lacrosse 4cy with e-assist. I have been averging 25 mpg in mixed driving. No issue here. My HUGE issue is with highway mileage. 26-27 mpg with cruise set and no AC. What gives Buick??? Horribly overstated highway mileage. I just got rid of 2005 Prius with 300K on the odometer (which I still averaged 40+mpg the day I junked it)for this American car hoping to get 30mpg...Could have bought a Benz or Audi and got the same mileage.
  • crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    edited November 2012
    Sounds like 25 average is on the number so city MPG is ok or better. The highway # is off but probably within the "acceptable range". Our 2010 CXL with3.0L V-6 gets 28-29 at speed limit of 65 - 75. Drops off at more speed. City MPG is predictably low at 16-20 depending upon conditions. Moving that 4000# car from a stop requires energy. Hybrids do very well on city MPG, but approach or slightly exceed on highway, so did not work for us with mostly trip miles. Each car is set up for maximum city or highway. New Camry hybrid seems to reach best balance if you feel the need.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    My HUGE issue is with highway mileage. 26-27 mpg with cruise set and no AC

Odd, my 2012 PIII V6 get that (or better) on the highway @ 75MPH.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064
    Good morning bricklacrosse,

Congratulations on your new LaCrosse!

Generally, a new vehicle will not achieve it's optimal fuel economy until the engine has broken (this will take 3 to 5 thousand miles). A gradual increase in fuel economy can be expected - please keep us posted on this, though! We're here to answer any questions about the product you may have, assist in the process of working with a dealership, or look into any warranty or recall questions.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    This is true. My 12 LaCrosse's first few tanks were really low. It got much better by 1000 miles and leveled off around 3K or so.

My overall MPG with an 70city/30hwy mix is hovering around 18.3. Not too bad for a 4200lb car with over 300HP. My wife and I don't baby it either.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

124»