Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln LS Climate Control

Comments

• The dealer, after keeping it for a couple of nights and consulting with Ford (service for Lincoln and Ford has been combined into one service department at the Ford dealership next to the Lincoln dealership), replaced the post evap sensor (?). The system seems to be working fine now.

I wonder sometimes if the new service department just isn't that experienced with the Lincoln LS. Whatever. As long as the car keeps running for another year.
  • Did you find out why your panel wasnt turning on? Mine is intermittent and doesnt have any power to it. Background lights will not work either
  • Hello,

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS, V8, 38,000 Miles. When I turn on the AC unit on, the AC unit blows hot air and when I turn it off, it still blows really hot air! It doesnt seem as if the AC doesnt kick in at all!!! Can some one please help me or give me an advise.

Thank you,

Izzie
  • Hello,

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS, V8, 38,000 Miles. My THX sytem has some sort of static going thru my stock system. You could hear it and you could see it in the stereo screen if its on or off. I thought it was the stock Amplifier, so I disconected the power to it and you could still see it and hear it. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be or what can I do? Please advise!!

thank you,

Izzie
  • Most likely, it is the dual climate control valve, also called heater control valve. When it goes out, it fails open and lets the hot engine coolant flow through the heater core all the time.
  • I believe that is a recall and it has something to do with the rear window defroster. I would call the dealer first and see if your car is part of the recall.
  • izzie12izzie12 Posts: 6
    Hello Jsheff,

Thank you for the recommedation of the Heater Control Valve. I took it to the dealer so that they could do a diognostic on my lincoln and sure thing. It was the control valve heater.

thank you,

Izzie
    I have just recently taken my Lincoln to the dealer and they have told me that the Heather Control Valve has gone out. The Control Heather Valve was causing the static on my stereo screen to get static. It was also making my status screen go crazy.
  • ebell12ebell12 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Lincoln Ls and recently my air conditioner started blowing extremely hot air only i did a test and i got a few errors (Driver & Passenger coolant valve open, Defrost door actuator circuit, and Dual coolant control valve or wiring).

Does anyone know how i can fix this?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 903
    See above. Sounds like DCCV dual climate control valve.
  • deleonjdeleonj Posts: 7
    Like so many people here it my LS has now become victim to the AC problem. I blew my AC fuse and after replacing the Fuse, I am still getting Hot air, The compressor is running and it doesnt need any Freon (I Checked) Also, My seats cool when I hit the cooler on the seats but my AC is blowing hot air...Does anyone know what the problem might be, or do I need to replace my DCCV as well?
    Hello,

You need to replace the DCCV, the exact thing happen to my LS. Dont take it to the dealer, they will charge you an arm and a leg. It is easy to repair and will cost you less.
    Thanks for the response Izze, I have checked around at alot of dealers however they dont seem to call this DCCV by that name I think they said it was called a Heater Control Valve, Which I am assuming is the same thing, because I di picture comparisons and it showed the same picture. As for replacing it on my own, im not too mechanically inclined when it comes to cars Im sorry to say :( I wont take it to the dealers, however I am hoping that maybe I can find a trustworthy mechanic who can do it for me.
    DCCV and heater control valve are the same thing, that's probably why your fuse blew. When my DCCV failed, it blew the fuse also.
  • cdking99cdking99 Posts: 1
    Ok, so I've been trying to get this fixed for a while now, but got a little confusion now. Had the issue earlier this year that my 04 V8 LS wasn't blowing hot air. After all the forums I ended up changing the DCCV and it fixed the problem. Now the AC only works some of the time. Other times it blows extremely hot air. Doesn't matter what the temp is set on. And it just seems to randomly change, when you change the temp 1 degree, or just whenever you start the car. After running the self diagnoses again, the code it saying bad blend door actuator. Here is where the confusion is coming in. I have read so many of these forums that I'm not sure what is right. Some forums say that the 04 LS doesn't have a blend door actuator, and some are saying it does. I search for the part on Orielly's or Rock Auto, it only shows a plug. No actuator or anything. Can somebody help clear this up for me please? Or could it be that the DCCV has already gone bad again?
    Hello everyone, I finally got my new Heater Control Valve for my 2006 Lincoln LS V8. I was wondering if anyone knew on how to change out and replace the old with the new one. I took it to Ford and they wanted to charge me 125.00 just to LOOK at my car HIGHWAY ROBBERS!!They sell you cheap busted [non-permissible content removed] lemon cars and then charge you to look at thier own jacked up cars. Anyway I'll be damned if I am gonna pay them to fix this when I keep reading this can be done at the user level, only i havent found any real instructions on how to do so...So, if anyone has any help on "HOW TO" by all means please respond I would greatly appreciate it. I have already located the part now the problem is just changing out with the new one.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,722
    Correction - the DEALER wants to charge you $125. Ford has nothing to do with it. One of the Lincoln owner groups might have detailed instructions. Google is your friend.
  • lenswlensw Posts: 1
    Where did you find the error codes?

What is a 1265 code?
  • I would think with this many problems with the heater control valve, that Lincoln would reimburse us for the problem. Guess that's a pipedream but sure would be nice for them to pay to correct their error.
  • I just had my compressor changed out in my 03 lincoln ls(1200.00 dollars) and now my heat is acting funny. Could this be a related problem? The heat does work but at times it's slow to heat up, and after it's warm and I turn the car off you would think the heat would still be hot. Some times yes or no. Can someone give me advice.
  • I would have to agree with you I am also having the same issue with my Actuator Valve being stuck, it is located on the passengers side it is in a tight place Lincoln will charge you out your A$$ trust me I got an estimate they wanted over 500.00 screw that between my husband and I we can handle this, make sure you change the fuse as well
  • rjones17rjones17 Posts: 4
    2006 LS...I am having same problem and have changed 2 Climate control valves (DCCV). 1st one worked for about 3 weeks before heat only so I took the part back and exchanged it for another. 2nd one worked fine for about 2 months and then heat only again, but not all of the time. After the car sits for a while, it seems to reset and everything is back to normal. So you think the actuator valve is the problem? Have you changed it yet? I love this car but can only take so much bull$hit!
  • rlabbrlabb Posts: 2
    2000 LS 97,000 miles. After driving a while with the AC on, the left side registers blasts hot air, but the right side remains cold. Switching between upper flow only, bottom flow and top and bottom does not help. I'm guessing it's either the diverters in the dash or the DCCV. Looking for some advice and DIY info
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,722
    Did you try the previous 145 posts?
  • Sounds like you should have bought an extended warranty on the used car that you bought.
  • totaljetttotaljett Posts: 26
    Even you have to admit that was a cynical self serving statement that didn't contribute anything to resolving the problem presented before us :confuse:
  • My A/C runs cool for approx 1 minute then blows the A/C clutch fuse. After the fuse is blown the air coming through the vent gets extremely hot. even when you turn the system off the heat radiates through the dash and vents. i replaced the a/c compressor and still the same problem... is there anyone that can help me?? please...
    When my DCCV on my '05 was bad it would blow a fuse related to the climate control, can't remember which one.
  • thanks, thats what im thinking... the the fuse that blows controls the DCCV as well...
  • I have all new coils new radiator new plugs I checked the DATC sys I fund code 24-26 does anyone know what that is I have been looking for that code and cant find anything can some one pleas HELP with the overheat it some time spill out antifreeze from the ex tank but that's also new I was thinking maybe the antifreeze is not cycling because I cant put the heat on the fan goes on I don't know what to do anymore