Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln LS Electrical/Lighting

1235»

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,238
    Glad it worked out for you.

As I'm fond of saying, I can screw things up myself for free -- don't need to pay a fortune to get stuff done wrong. I've rarely been impressed (favorably) by the quality of the people I've had to pay to "fix" things on my various vehicles. Once in awhile I get a good one, but mostly, not so much.
  • hey was just wondering if anyone has some input on charging issue on a 01 ls--replaced alt and battery but still kills the battery over night oh and that is will every fuse pulled on the car as i am sure it is a short somewhere but looking for some help on what mabey to look at,sure would appriate any help on this
  • My temperature gauge is dropping to cold and returning to normal while driving. The car starts to buck, stall and surge while driving. The rpms are also revving while car is idle sometimes. These conditions come and go. The CEL came on and all these codes came up P0113, P0123, P0453, P0708, and P0705. Everything has a high input problem going on. What am I dealing with here, thanks.
  • dperk12dperk12 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    My daughters Lincoln LS has developed many issues at the same time. We're not sure if they are related. First, the battery goes dead every other day if not driven. We replaced it and the A/C started blowing hot air. We have also noticed the cooling fan runs all the time and is very loud. After replacing the battery it still has all the above issues. Battery goes dead every other day and still no A/C. The check engine light stays on as well. We took it to a mechanic, he reset it, turned it off, but it has come back on.
    He was not able to pinpoint the problem. Any ideas?
  • Help I have a 2001 lincoln ls 3.9 the alarm goes off windows come down and door unlock all by them selves. The remote is no where near it when it happens not sure what to do next.please email me at laglenn63@yahoo.com if you can help PLEASE

Thanks
    Glenn
  • izzie12izzie12 Posts: 6
    Hello,

I have a 2006 Lincoln Ls V8, fully upgraded. I want to match my fog lamps to my stock HID Headlamps. Does anyone know, what headlights or kit to buy to match them? Please advise, if you guys can help me.

Thank you,

Izzie
  • jokersmithjokersmith Posts: 12
    I got mine at LS Koncepts. They are a really close match to my OEM headlights.
    http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lighting-lincoln-c-285_295.php
  • darreldeandarreldean Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2000 Lincoln ls off craigs list with every penny to my name. I am having the same problem with it. I had to jump it four times just to get it home. Do you know how to fix this issue or at least what is wrong?
  • draven1draven1 Posts: 1
    This just started happening to me , I just bought this car for my family and it's given me over heating problems , thermostat malfunctioning , and now battery problems , and it's only been 3 days after I bought it, please can you help me on giving me directions on where to locate the alternator and the cable that you speak of???? I already fixed the overheating problem by replacing the thermostat housing BASE and the thermostat housing as well as the radiator cap.
  • clairecclairec Posts: 4
    After three unfortunate five hundred dollar wasted trips to the dealer a fix it place replaced my alternator..after a year of this problem it was over, fixed,done.
  • Have you fixed this bc I have this same problem?
  • I was suffering from repeated battery failures due to undercharging. The use of the vehicle was many short trips of 2-3 miles each. I solved the problem by installing a battery maintainer. I set it on the back seat, ran the wire through the folding seat to the battery in the trunk. I plug it in daily through the back door window for about 45 minutes or until the maintainer shuts off. No further problem in 4-5 years. The car is garaged.
1235»