Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX Accessories

Comments

• Anyone know if:

1) The wind deflector that pops up when the sunroof is opened can be adjusted. Seems as though I can quite down a majority of the wind noise by holding it down about 1/2 inch.

2) If the plastic add-on deflectors work?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Anyone know of an aftermarket trailer hitch system for the 2000 RX300 (wife's car). I wanted to buy a trailer hitch based bike rack - any recommendations would be appreciated. Dealer wants about $600 Cdn for a hitch system before factoring in the cost for a bike rack...Ouch.

Thanks,

Monte
  • I recently picked up an on-sale CD changer with RF modulator with the idea of installing it myself with the help of one of my sons who has done installs before. But it got me wondering if there might be a 3d-party direct adapter for my factory radio head out there somewhere. Has anyone looked into this or had any experience with non-Lexus audio equipment?

Thanks.
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    I just purchased and installed the Hidden Hitch for the Highlander. Very easy, particularly if you have someone to help you hold it up while putting the bolts in. Look back and search. All details posted previously.
  • Does anyone know where I can purchase a rear bumper guard for my RX300? The paint finish
    on the bumper scratches so easily.........

Also, how about some touch up paint? It seems like the harder I try to not park where I can get my doors dingged the more I get hit!!!!!! Sometimes I feel like I am in that commercial where the shopping cart is after your car!!!!! My RX300 is pearl white/green.

Thanks for your help.
  • tonychrystonychrys Posts: 1,310
    Touch up paint: I walk into the service counter of my local Lexus dealers and they always give me the paint for free. Just have to give them a VIN# so they match it right.

Bumper guard: Are you talking about the the top guard that goes on the rear bumper to prevent scratches when loading stuff? The 2001's come with this and it can be ordered for previous year models from your dealer or www.irontoad.com

If you are talking about a bumper guard that mounts to prevent rear end scratches, then this is what you want: http://store.yahoo.com/autoaccessory/rx300fl.html

• I had a Ziebart hitch installed for $159. (Lexus wanted $500 or $600). Works great. Loved the price.
  • 1452314523 Posts: 5
    We recently purchased a 2001 RX300 online and drove down to Palm Beach,FL to pick it up. I have put 2000 miles on the car. Does anyone know if it is a good investment to purchase the extended warrenty from the Credit Union. They are offering 7 yr/100,000 for $1052.
  • wwliuwwliu Posts: 1
    Do Lexus all weather mats have the exact dimension as the regular mats (front and back)? Thanks.
  • dimmodimmo Posts: 2
    touchup paint-try www.ultimatetouchup.com....my experience w/ dealers touch up-first they gave me correct color name but wrong model yr-obviously didn't match; next step-even with correct touchup-still didn't match; also very hard to fill small nicks and scratches with the brush. The above vendor provides great instructions for metallics and tri-coats which is what you have. They give you syringes which you fill per instructions and apply paint w/ syringe-no brush marks or uneven applications. Take your time, read the instructions, rehearse on the side of a coffee can just before you apply it to the Lexus-or any car. I actually had fun doing it..prep and reading and rehearsal took most of the time; applying to my Rx300 took 2 minutes..followed approx 1 hr later by the clearcoat using a 2nd syringe also provided
  • Anyone recommend a source for a bra for the RX300 ? Caught a glimpse of one on a Rx on the way home from work. Seemed to cover the front end well. Thanks.
  • commack4commack4 Posts: 1
    I got mine through www.irontoad.com which is the online arm of a Lexus dealer in PA. They are prompt..courteous..and charge from 25-30% below list.

Bruce
    2001 RX300 Burnished Gold
    2002 RX300 Black Onyx
  • sam3sam3 Posts: 2
    We want to add the navigational system to our RX300. The dealer said we must buy a new car. Has anyone added a nav system?
    Thanks!
  • rhewinsrhewins Posts: 5
    Has anyone heard if Lexus will be making the Mark Levinson stereo available in the 2003 RX300?
  • naodsnaods Posts: 2
    HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A SPOILER FOR THEIR RX300? I PRICED ONE FROM SPOILERDEPOT.COM FOR 248.42, PAINTED.
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    I find the small fold-down armrests on the front seats of my wife's rx300 too small and unsupportive. I find my elbow is constantly slipping off the thing... especially when getting into and out of the car. Is there any way to add a center console that comes up higher in the center between the seats? I've searched over and over for a solution with no luck. I'm hoping some industrious RX owner who has the same problem has come up with a solution! Thanks!
  • rmd122rmd122 Posts: 21
    I need a hitch for my 00 RX300. Hitch place says I will need wiring harness from Lexus in order for them to install hitch. The hitch, harness, oil cooler, brake etc. will run about $750. Any ideas or experience towing with this vehicle?
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    I purchased a "Hidden Hitch" #90647 on the internet for $113.92 delivered, very easy to install. Then used a Hoppy #46255 power taillight converter trailer wiring kit for $34.99. My 99RX didn't have a plug for a wiring harness and the kit uses 3M Scotchlok self-stripping connectors to tap into the taillight wiring. That hitch is Class II with 3,500 lb. GTW which equals the Lexus' maximum tow rating. I can't imagine needing an oil cooler or brakes with such a low towing capacity. You're pretty much limited to a utility trailer, personal watercraft, tent camper of something of that size. I believe the Toyota Highlander hitch fits the RX, and these are Class II; but that doesn't change the vehicle's tow capacity. Hope this is helpful.

Pete
  • rmd122rmd122 Posts: 21
    Thanks for your advice. It became obvious that not many hitch shops are familiar with the RX300. The Lexus dealer gave the "I'm not sure" routine. A hitch place we've used before said something similar. I found a small private shop where the owner didn't have much experience with the RX 300 but spoke without a whole lot of "I don't know" and spoke intelligently about the whole deal. It cost me $463 with brake, plug, but no cooler. He emphasized how difficult the brake wiring job was.
  • naodsnaods Posts: 2
    I have had great service from LEXUSPARTSMALL.COM.I bought a spoiler from them, which I installed myself (221.00 painted) and the rear bumper protector for 68,.00. They will also do research for you on where you can get parts it they don't have them. Fast service also.