Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX Accessories

Comments

• mikeytmikeyt Posts: 22
    dont know how to program the opener but the user manuals for the RX300 are all over Ebay
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    I had the same question a while back here is a link or type in homelink in the box.. Good Luck Matt
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef14c39!keywords=allin%3Amsgtext%20limit%3AL- exus%3ARX%2520300%20homelink&count=20
  • I just bought a used 1999 RX 300 and love the car but the original owner lost the rear cargo cover. I am told that an original OEM cargo cover is about $600 but I can't even find that on any Lexus web site. The only place I can find the RX 300 cargo cover for sale is on eBay and it's all auctions. Any suggestion on where to find an aftermarket cargo cover for the RX 300?

Thanks.
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    Google™ found this one for $149.95:
    AutoAnything™

Pete
    :)
  • glenfordglenford Posts: 138
    I had the same problem when I bought my 2000. I think the new price was a little under $600. I checked on the internet, and found a place that discounted Lexus parts - that brought it down to about $450 or so.

Eventually I actually bought mine off eBay for $125+$15 shipping, and it was absolutely mint. Even if it were not, it would have been hard to argue with the price difference. I looked at completed auctions - they tend to go for $150-175.

Other than these options, you could try places that part out wrecked cars, but I tried a couple of those and had no luck. Tim
  • Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get a NAV update for 2002 RX300? Can they be installed by owner or is it too complicated?
  • We just a bought a 99 RX 300 in great condition, but every time we get over 65 mph, we hear this wind whistle. We know it is not the windows, but can't figure if it's from the tires or from the roof rack &/or spoiler. Can anyone give us any help???
  • It is most likely the door seals. You can also try adjusting the cross members of your roof rack but I don't think it's your roof rack or spoiler that is making the noise. I have a 99 as well and no whistle.
  • My mechanic recommends (Lexus also) Good Year Intregity Tires ...all purpose road tire.
  • I love everything about my RX300 2003 model, except the exhaust tip looks a little dinky. Does anyone know if there is a customized chrome exhaust tip for this vehicle? It would definitely enhance the look on the car.
  • koponenkoponen Posts: 2
    I just bought the 2006 RX330. I do not like the 18" wheels/tires on it and am thinking about putting 20" on. Does anyone know if this is a good idea as far as wear and tear on the suspension, gas mileage, handling, any issues with going that much bigger? Thanks!
  • rx330rx330 Posts: 16
    is this on your rx300 AWD (18 incher)?
  • nmlnml Posts: 7
    i have a 2001 rx300 that i love. i took it in to have the sun screen - not sun roof = fixed so it wouldn't rattle and when i drove it on the freeway the first time there was huge amount of wind noise that had never occurred before. they are replacing the entire sunroof today. i also put those plastic wind shields on the windows - all around that i bought from a catalogue and the vacuum sensation when the windows are open is less oppressive.

i intend to buy one for the sunroof when i get it back.

query: does anyone out there have a grill cage/guard for their rx 300? i know of a couple that fit, but want someone who has one to give me the facts re their experience...and what model they chose.
  • jaws48jaws48 Posts: 1
    Did you get any useful answers to this question? I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and would like the same information.

Thanks,

jaws48
  • dsharkeydsharkey Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and asked the same question to various dealers in the Chicago area. One said that it wouldn't be cost effective to put one in using factory equipment after the fact. The other said it couldn't be done at all.

I'm going to purchase a Garmin GPS which can be mounted just above the NAV screen. It has voice instructions. Saw it demonstated at Circuit City and it has everything that a Lexus NAV system would have plus much more for less than $500.
  • gottlsgottls Posts: 21
    I have a '05 RX330 that I bought in March of 2005. The Nav system came with v.4.02 Map DVD. My dealer tells me they now have a version upgrade available, v.5.1 for $250.

My question is has anyone got it for a lower price, and is there much difference or change between the two versions to warrant the cost?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Having just upgraded from rev 1 to 5 I would say 5 isn't worth it, especially from 4.02. My Garmin Roadmate portable still outshines it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    $250 is the best price I've found all over the country. I upgraded mine, and it was worth it to me. Lotsa growth around here, the new version included most of them.

Garmin may put proprietary Navigation out of business. Especially the Delphi unit - very difficult to use. But the Denso unit Toyota uses, is excellent, IMO.
  • mcdaniel4mcdaniel4 Posts: 9
    Hi I just bought a used Lexus RX 330, white and Hubby thinks it needs a pinstripe. Do some/most of you with white
    Lexus put a pinstripe on? Or are they rather a thing or the past? I made an appointment for in the morning, so I need an answerer asap.
    Thanks.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    My wife bought me a Garmin Roadmate for Christmas. I have now had several occassions to use it and have been mightily impressed. So recently I started comparing it to the 5.1 Nav in my 2001 RX300.

It has become clear that even with just ROM the Garmin has more database storage for/in remote, suburban and farm, areas than the RX300. Twice now it has guided me into areas, one just across the Canadian border in Surrey, wherein the RX had no database.

And it can be used on the go....!!!