Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Warning Lights

Comments

• dadto3dadto3 Posts: 17
    Hello...I am getting code P0457 which inidicated gas cap as well. Did you ever find out how to reset the warning light? I'm out of warranty and don't want to pay for a visit if I can do it myself. Thanks!
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268
    Assuming no other problems, the light should go out after several drive cycles. Otherwise, you could disconnect the battery for a few minutes and hit the brake pedal to drain the system. The best way to reset (and read) the codes is to buy an OBD-II code reader. Plug it into the car, read the codes, and then clear them. You can use it any time you get a check engine light and, after using it a couple times, it will have paid for itself versus taking it to a shop for diagnostics. The reader process takes less than a minute.
  • srs_49srs_49 Posts: 1,394
    I second xwesx's advice to go buy an OBD-II scanner. You can get a basic one for less than $50.00. It will display the code and allow you to reset them. You can find out what code means at any one of a number of on-line sites.
  • susan555susan555 Posts: 4
    I have 2005 Chrysler T & C with 65,000 miles (3.3 6 cyl). Check engine light came on 3 weeks ago but van runs fine. Getting code P 0406. Does anyone know what this means? Thank you.
  • mele503mele503 Posts: 4
    I was wondering how to find codes that you all are speaking of for my 96 T&C van? I read to turn the key off 3 times but where do you find the codes to read? Is it how many times the check engine light blinks? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am having major issues and need to fine out what the heck is wrong!!!!
    Where you normally see the mileage is where the code will appear. Good luck!
  • mele503mele503 Posts: 4
    There is no code appearing where the mileage is. Don't some codes go by how many times the check engine light flashes after doing the key thing? How many times do you have to turn it off and on for it to show codes?

Thanks in advance!!!
    After 3 or 4 turns of the key the code will appear.
    I'm going from memory of my '94 DC. I think the process was to turn the key to the on position and back off, 2.5 times, like this:
    ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
    with about 1 sec in each position. At that point, the CEL should start blinking the diagnostic code. There's a series a quick flashes with a longer pause between the sets. Each set is a digit, determined by the number of flashes in the set. So for example, the code 123 would look like this:
    BLINK-PAUSE-BLINK-BLINK-PAUSE-BLINK-BLINK-BLINK-PAUSE, then repeat.
    1 2 3
  • kevinsmythkevinsmyth Posts: 1
    One that I know that works is:
    1) Fix whatever the problem was that kicked out the error code in the first place.
    2) While pressing and HOLDing the "Trip Meter Reset Button" down turn on and off your ignition 5 times. You don't have to start the engine, just turn the ignition key until it get's power the 5 times.
    3) You should get a display of 5 dashes (- - - - -) then a display that reads "donE"
    4) In my case I had to drive the 2004 Town and Country Van a distance of 2.8 miles before the engine light went off.
    NOTE: I kept on starting up the engine after I cleared the code about 10 times expecting the engine light to go off but it never did until I drove the van for a few miles. There must be some combination of engine start ups and driving distance requirements before it'll go out but this combination worked for me.
    Good Luck
  • brad54brad54 Posts: 5
    Could anybody tell me what codes 0442,0455, and 0466 mean? My minivan seems to running fine.
  • My wife and I own a 96 Town and Country LX with a 3.8 engine. It's front wheel drive. It stalls at Idle and bucks during upshift of its A/T. I did the ignition self diagnostic on-off thing and the Check Engine light blinked 5 times. This P.0.S. blew three transmissions in two week intervals since we got it and it's about "that time" again. Is there a permanant fix or should I tell the dealer we are paying for it to shove it where the sun don't shine? please help! :mad: It had no waranty(should have been a red flag) but it looks nice, has no body rust. We feel stupid for buying this :lemon: that came gift wrapped.
  • It is the gas exhaust recirculation sensor.
  • Have the code 1491 coming up on my 2003 T&C. Could someone help me with what it means? thank you
  • My wife's oil light is staying on... it has oil it in.. there are no rattles or signs of low pressure..... Help... or she drive it until it blows up....
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268
    Hmmm, if it is not low, then my first suspicion would be oil pressure. It might be worthwhile to hook a pressure gauge up to it rather than relying on the dummy light.
  • Possibly the clock spring in the steering column under the wheel. There was a recall on them, but do not know if your year is affected by it. If you call any chrysler dealer or chrysler HQ, give them the last 8 digits of your VIN, they will tell you right away if you need the RECALL REPAIR. Mine is a 2000 and my light came on suddenly, and my horn stopped working. Just took it to a dealer today and had it changed. Picked it up at 4pm and drove home. No more airbag light, and the horn now works. BUT driving home, :sick: I turned the wheel while braking, and making a left turn, and the radio died then came back on, but the stations had been wiped out of the memory settings! I am guessing it is a bad connection from something they did, because my model has radio controls on the steering wheel at the back od the air bag & horn cover. Anyone else have this problem or hear about it? :mad:
  • Hook up a oil pressure guage(the kind with numbers on it) to it and watch it for a while as you use it to see what the pressure does. It is possible your oil pump is on it's way out! Happened to me, and I learned the hard way.
  • brandycbrandyc Posts: 1
    I have a 03 Chrysler T&C and I just had my transmission serviced 1 month ago. I have 65,000 miles on it. Last night my check engine light came on and the van would not down shift as I drove. This morning, it seems fine, shifts normally. However, the light is still on. My error code is P1684. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks in advance
    Brandy
    From Wikianswers.com-

P1684-The battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts