Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge-Plymouth Neon Electrical/Lighting

Comments

• I have a little problem, I bought this car a month ago after totaling my old one, and the speedometer worked fine. I hit a large bump on a gravel road, and now the speedometer quit working. Any help? :confuse: Thanks.
  • One more stupid question, how do you tell if you have a sohc engine or a dohc engine? :lemon:
  • Can someone tell me the easiest way to change the altanator ?
  • I was just in a accident in my neon, I hit someone in the rear-end at 50 mph and my airbags did not go off! does anyone know why this happened? :(
  • nona1nona1 Posts: 2
    I have 2000 dodge neon and i hit a concrete light pole. where the hell is the sensor located to the airbags? Someone please inform me of this they are not underneath the seats I looked. How hard do you actually have to hit something? for them to go off?
  • nona1nona1 Posts: 2
    Brandie07 I hit a concrete pole and hey! No airbags in site. I dont know but let me know something if you get a good answer. Nona1
  • Where is the fuse for the Rear Window Defroster for a 2000 Dodge Neon?
  • If you're lookin for the fuse it's inside the car. Open your driver side door and look at the opposite side. There you will find a little panel. Open it. In my car the fuse that controls the rear window defroster also conrols the reverse lights. Mine has been out for the pass YEAR AND A HALF. GOOD LUCK, You will need it.
  • tgf1tgf1 Posts: 2
    How do ya reset it? 2.0 L 5spd 1998
  • I have a 97 Dodge Neon and I had problems with 1 and 4 fireing. But if you took the cam sensor off all 4 would fire. I went through several hundreds of dollars in replaceing the brain, sensors ect. Found out it was the cam shaft pin. Now that I got it running again its leaking oil . Cant seem to find the leak. So if anyone on here needs a brain for a 97 Dodge Neon I have 2 for sale. One is for a 5 speed, one is for a automatic.
  • Anyone looking for the fuse for the 12-volt power supply, it's under the hood not in the dask. It's marked P-Out.
  • I am having some trouble starting my Neon. When I turn the key the engine turns over a few times, then stops. If I continue to hold the key I get a spining noise like something is still turning. The colder it is outside the less times the engine will turn over before it will stop. Rendering the car useless in anything below zero. I thought this might be the cam or crank sensor, but I am not sure. If you think it is, is there a way to bypass these sensor and say 'frig you' to Plymoth and their retard3d technologies? Sorry I just really hate this car for various reasons.
  • timsehtimseh Posts: 24
    It may be the battery.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,613
    sounds like a bad starter motor.

• j3ff3rj3ff3r Posts: 3
    1998 Neon Expresso

My reverse lights don't turn on when shifted into reverse (5spd) . I checked the fuse and the bulbs. Is there a reverse switch on the tranny?
  • klbkmbklbkmb Posts: 2
    I have a strange problem that might just be a loose connection. The gas gauge is not even close to being accurate and the speedometer sometimes works. Sometimes I can pound on the dash and the speedometer will either work or at least jump. Sometimes I can press on the plastic covering the instruments and the speedometer will work. The temp gauge seems to always work fine. I'm thinking I need to head for an auto-electric shop and let them deal with it. Any ideas or quick fixes?
  • I have a 95 Highline - there seems to many post about electrical problems with the early Neons. The factory fix seems to be to replace the instrument panel, some as many as 3 times. One guy stated that his extended warranty had paid more in repairs than the car cost new. My speed-o stopped working more or less, under 40k but way out of warranty time wise. I use a TomTom GPS One XL around 200 bucks on QVC's web site. You can also use an external avail at JC Whitney for about 125 plus install. At times all my gages freeze for a couple of minutes but love to drive the car, kind of my sports car for the twisty roads.
  • Added note on GPS suggested fix - My GPS fits nicely between the flasher button and instrument section using a piece of foam to fill the space and making a snug fit for ez in/out and see thru the steering wheel on trips less than 2 hours on battery.
  • icheiche Posts: 2
    are they cloudy lenses?
    If so, what u need to do is get the grit 2000 sand paper,(thats the very very smooth sandpaper) a spray bottle for clean water, a buffer, rubbing compound and a bottle of bluemagic headlight lens restorer. you can find this at your local auto parts store.
    you can take the lense out or leave it on to do this. I did it the quick way and left them on

1. Spray the lense and start sanding the lense, this is called wet sanding. Depending on how bad it is you want to keep doing this a few times. spray and sand spray and sand, dont let it get dry. Do this to both lenses

2. Once your done with the wet sanding you want to put some rubbing compound and buff it out until the lense looks clear again.

3. Now, you want to apply the bluemagic headlight restorer. do this like two or three times, this will protect your lense and keep this from happening again.

If for any reason it still looks cloudy you may have to remove the lense and repeat the steps on the inside of the lense.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, use any type of degreaser on plastic, this makes it worse, it corrodes the plastic and may end up costing you about $150/$200 getting new lenses.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it turned out
    checkout my blog about mobile detail in florida @ http://autoshine1.blogspot.com
    I have posted other tips on keeping your car looking good :shades:
  • icheiche Posts: 2
    My neon turns off once in a while, starting right back up in a few minutes.
    I took it to AutoZone and they connected it to the omputer and it said it was the cam sensor.

Can anybody tell me where in the 4311 is this sensor I cant find it.
    Thanks to those who reply :sick:
  • pcoutupcoutu Posts: 1
    I need to replace the running light modular and have no idea where it is located under the hood ?
    Can anyone help
    My tail lights aren't cloudy and I removed the bulbs from the tail light covers to test them and they don't turn on. Any other suggestions?
  • amunnamunn Posts: 9
    HI I have a 97 Neon with same problem and i found a quick and easy fix. All you have to do is push up on your dash panel and it will pop up and you will be able to see 4 screws that holds the gauges case in take them screws out and pull the case straight out, it will come all the way out, then on the back there are about 10 screws with a hex head. remove them and take the Green electronic board out and on the back you will see where the 2 black plugs are sodered to the board. all you have to do is touch them soder points with a hot soder iron just untill they are melted then let it harden back up then put everything back together and put it back in. the reason it is that simple is when they were put together it was done by cold soder and it leaves it with a faulty connection
    Thats good news, i'll try that soon and let you know if it worked. thanks!
  • bvvneonbvvneon Posts: 2
    Can some one please tell me the order the wires go in on my instrument cluster? :confuse:
  • amunnamunn Posts: 9
    Clear coat works wonders on headlights it works the best that i have seen you just wash the lights to take off the dirt then just spray on the clear coat