Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vicvvicv Posts: 41
    It was 700 over invoice, so it was more like 44,829 plus options at invoice. We added metallic finish (pewter) and the sunroof package. We were a little apprehensive about getting one w/o the HK sound system, but the standard MB 10-speaker system turned out to be really good. We're not disappointed.

It wasn't that MB inconvenienced us, but they disappointed us. We'd really looked forward to the trip. We had two business-class tickets to Munich, arriving on the 3rd. After Okoberfest, we'd planned to take the train to Stuttgart on the 5th and pick the car up on the 6th. Then we were going to meander up through Rothenberg and the Rhine on back roads to near Cologne for easy break-in. Put in a few mile on the Autobahn and into Holland. Then turn the car in at Schiphol on the 10th and fly home on the 11th. I'd cashed in some miles, so the whole shebang would have cost less than one large. At least we saved a few bucks by not going and I'm getting the miles back for a small charge.
  • 330iii330iii Posts: 71
    I appreciate your assistance,most dealers I have spoken to have denied ever going below Euro Delivery MSRP they have said that if you do not work for Mercedes Benz you can't get it any lower,I guess that was bull!
  • skymskym Posts: 11
    Anybody purchase an E500 sedan or wagon without 4matic who would be able to tell me what they paid, excluding tax and license.

Thanks!
    Since we had to take US delivery, I can't comment on MB's saying they won't go below sticker less 5% for Euro delivery. I do know that BMW, MB's competitor does negotiate. If MB wants to sell cars, they can either negotiate or watch folks shop elsewhere - unless customers really want an MB that much.
  • E500 03' can be had for 6k under msrp . Got E2,heated seats,6cd for $53,170.
  • slavyslavy Posts: 1
    I just purchased 2001 E320 in Florida with 20k miles in excellent condition for $34,000 I think your E320 2000 with 41k miles for $36,400 would be to much.
  • buster6buster6 Posts: 104
    I just read a link at autospies.com that says they know of a dealership offering 5k off of 04 msrp's, anyone been getting simular prices out there?
  • Are they any dealers on the East Coast that will sell a 2004 E Class for 5% discount off the List Price,will be watching Auto Spies for future deals, although $5000 discounts seems unrealistic.
  • In 2001 both my friend and I leased new vehicles. His was a Ford SUV and mine an MB E-320. His lease is up in April and he is getting all kinds of offers to turn in his vehicle early and get a new lease for which they will forgive up to SEVEN (7) monthly payments!

My MB lease is not up until September. Should I expect any similar treatment or will Santa Claus together with the Tooth Fairy arrive at my house first?
  • I saw a few messages about prices paid above. Anyone know if there are similar dealers on the east coast where we I can negotiate a similar deal (700 above invoice). This would be preferable to going with ED. Thanks.
  • indusindus Posts: 1
    I have been shopping around for E320 lease and have been quoted at and below invoice numbers. This is in NY/NJ/CT area
    We want the dealers to make a living, but not a killing. So you gotta have chutzpah. I travel and got a really good quote in Phoenix. Told my dealer here in Alabama about it and he matched it. I could've ordered one out there, driven it back and broke even what with the unused airline ticket. Neat vacation, too. BTW, add up all the costs when comparing: doc fee, taxes, advertising fee, etc.

Good luck.
  • OK, I just ordered a 2004 E320 4matic. After some weeks of looking around the east coast, I could not find anyone with an E320 4Matic that was not already "spoken for." Plus, I really wanted a particular set of options.

So, according to the MBUSA web site, the 2004 E320 4Matic, with metallic paint (567), full leather (835), Premium package (326), and Keyless Go (889) is precisely $57,500. I got them to $55,000. Really not much leverage when you are negotiating to order one... or did I miss something? Of course, if anyone knows where I can get one of these sooner... delivery is the last week of February.

Also, will I have a 2nd chance to negotiate when the car arrives? Or would they just tell me to get lost and sell it to someone else shortly thereafter? I have the option to walk away at any time.

Any opinions/advice appreciated.
  • I think you did fairly well on ordering an '04 E320 4matic for $2500 off MSRP for a couple of reasons: 1) It's been snowing early on the east coast and the 4 matics have been in high demand 2) Your getting your car the way you want it equipped, ordered and for a discount. Excellent job in my opinion.

What color did you go with?
    How long will you have to wait?

Enjoy
  • Sounds like a good deal for a 4matic in view of the demand,I'm looking to buy a RWD E class with similar options.(lower demand)What part of the Northeast were you able to negotiate this price, or if possible the dealer you made the purchase.
  • Could you please encourage writers to list the cities and dealers they purchase from, so we could all have competitive buying opportunities.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Yes, weldone99 has a great point -- sharing your location and the name of the dealer (but please, no salesperson's name nor any contact info - see note at the top of the discussion) is very helpful.

That said, of course all of you are free to ask for that information whenever it is overlooked!

:-)
  • Happy to provide more details... I am in Northern VA, outside of Washington DC. I bought the car at American Service Center in Arlington, VA.

Like I said, I tried all of the dealers around here, plus many other east coast cities (Baltimore, Phila, Boston, ...) trying to find one sooner. Mine was ordered through ASC on Dec 11, with delivery "promised" by the last week of February.
  • Great to hear about pricing & dealer information on a 2004 E class. Being from New Hampshire, dealers are not very competitive. Not being familiar with dealerships in other areas it's a big help learning what dealers in a more competitive area are getting. Will travel 300 or 400 miles for a good deal. Thanks again.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Desert SWPosts: 1,613
    Smokin' deal!
  • Here's what I got in the DC area...

2003 e500, plat/ash, 5000 miles (demo, so 4yr/50k warranty till Sept. '07), panoramic, hands free phone, htd seats/steering, cd changer, Xenon and Headlight-washers. Sticker ~ $64,000 paid $52,000 and waiting on $1,000 rebate check from MBUSA. I believe the dealer told me you can also get $2000 rebate from MBUSA if you buy before the end of DEC. Absolutely wonderful experience on our 2nd Benz purchase from Herb Gordon. Also tried going to EuroMotor in Bethesda and both times (in 2000 and 2003) was a totally horrible experience.

Hope this is helpful.
  • Does anyone have any buying experience buying a Mercedes from Globe Motor Cars in Fairfield, New Jersey. Recently obtain a favorable quote from them on a new E Class. It would be nice to have a little bit of insight on them before I jump in.I'm not from the New Jersey area.
  • Bought an 04 E320 in Ohio. MSRP with all my options came to 60,140. I got the car delivered for 60,500.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Desert SWPosts: 1,613
    The MSRP for an E320 is over $60k? It isn't a 500? What does the car have on it? Must be everything!
    You must have a lot of tax up there in Ohio.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Makes the two slightly used vehicles at my BMW dealer look very attractive: 2003 E500 sport w/7,500 miles for $45,900 & 2004 E320 Sport w/2,000 miles for $42,900. Even the 2002 E55 w/ 27,000 miles for $43,000 looks pretty good.

To each their own, but the E320 is just not a $60k car in my book. Especially given that I could have bought a brand new E300 tuurbodiesel in 1999 for about $42,000 nicely equipped. ($44.5k including tax). Other cars have gone up 10%-15% during that time, not 35%. And had a decline in customer satisfaction / initial quality to boot.
  • I'm in the market for a used E320 AWD Wagon. Any feedback on these deals would be appreciated:

2003 - Black / Ash Leather - $43,900
    13,108 Miles
    E1, E2, Leather, Nav CD, 6-CD Changer, Heated Seats, Telephone

2000 - Black / Black Leather - $34,995
    24,000 Miles
    E2, Leather, Heated Seats, 6-CD Changer, Wood Leather Steering Wheel, Tinted Windows
  • yeah, it pretty much has everything you can get on it except for the cell phone and a few other things -- i didn't realize the 500 was near that price when i was buying otherwise i would have gone for that.
  • Hi folks,

As far as I know, Mercedes-Benz usually doesn't offer any discount for any cars. Today, I just went to a MB dealer in Jersey. They offer me $3000 off from MSRP. Does anyone have any idea why? Does MB start to offer discount right now again?
    Thanks!
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Relatively speaking, the 2003 sounds like a better deal. It's better equiped and only $9,000 more than a three year older car. The 2000 sounds overpriced by $5,000+. Look at it this way, if you could buy the 2003, drive it for three years and sell it for $9,000 less than you paid for it, you'd have made a hell of a deal.

My guess is that the 2003 stickered for around $55k and was probably bought for around $52k.