Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Thanks...I'll be looking in San Diego.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    If somebody is looking for crazy deal on E63 AMG, here it is:

Brand new 2010 E63 AMG:
    Black on Black
    Black Ash Wood Trim
    Premium 2 Package;
    Rear Side Air bags;
    Panorama sunroof;
    Driver assistance Package;

MSRP: $97,605
    Your Special Price: $86,999
    You save: $10,606!

Consider, that some dealers sell these models over MSRP. Can not be shipped outside United States.
    I'm not posting contact info as per forum rules. If somebody is interested, contact me through my e-mail igb10@yahoo.com, so I can give you the dealership and name of the manager.
    They have 3 others E63AMG with less equppment, but you can get similar saving.

This is the best deal on the new AMG car, that I've ever seen...
  • tennisgaltennisgal Posts: 7
    I am buying the E550 sedan after owning an SUV for many years and because I did not see an available 2010 model in the exterior/interior color I wanted I will need to order one. Too bad because there are some great deals out there right now I know but I waited too long to not get what I want. My husband and I will be going to the dealer next weekend to do this. I am pretty sure I want the multi contour driver seat option because I like the seat construction/leather than better without it. Any good or bad comments to this option? Anyone have any feedback on ordering a car? BTW, we are in Southern California.
    Where in Southern California?
    Orange County
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Posts: 64
    I picked it up about 3 weeks ago car is great! I hooked up my Blackberry storm2 and it loaded the contacts with the bluetooth and it worked great! until I took it back for my plates they hooked up Mbrace and the salesman hit something and the music cut down like if a call was coming in, after he got out and I was driving away a call came in saying unknown caller and now everytime the bbs2 hooks up to the car the music cuts down and it says unknown caller... anybody know how I can get the car to hang up from the call it things it getting?
    Congratulations on the car! My bet is that reinstalling Mbrace will solve your problem.
  • mbdatabank,

Would you be willing to let us know which LA dealer as I'm in the market for almost the exact same car and configuration. $48979 is a great price, I haven't been able to get any LA dealer that low yet.

Thanks!
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,757
    The Mbrace system is digital as opposed to the previous system in 2009 and before which was analog. There is one part of the computer that operates bluetooth and Mbrace, as they are interconnected. Rebooting Mbrace should solve the problem, however you might also lose the data that was originally picked up from your cell phone.

The bluetooth interface does not pick up my phone logs and address book automatically (as it did in my 2008 and 2009), so I have to load the names and numbers manually.

But I have not had any problems with Mbrace or the bluetooth malfunctioning. Your vehicle is on warranty, so the dealer is responsible for getting this figured out. Good luck with the new car.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• eclipse2eclipse2 Posts: 64
    Thanks for the tip! I had to load my contacts in like that on my Lexus it was a pain so I was really happy at 1st to see everything hook up with no problem.. if only I didn't get that mbrace well I'm gonna take it back in on Saturday and let them fix that... Thanks again everybody for the tips.. ;)
  • mbdatabankmbdatabank Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I looked at two dealers. One was less than one mile away from zipcode 90012. and the other is approximately 40 miles northwest of zipcode 90012. I ended up buying from a dealer that is 40 miles away. If you have trouble finding this dealer post your email address and I will send it to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

If you order your E550 now - it will take about 3 -4 months for this car to arrive from Germany to the dealership showroom. So this car will be 2011 model year, not 2010. 2011 E-Class models have been released a few days ago. They did not change much from 2010, but have a lot of improvements and updates. You can see all the new features here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Changes and Updates. It also explains what "E" stands for - very interesting...

If you place an order with the Dealership - make sure that they guarantee the selling price upfront. Because when they get this car, and this car is very unique - they can ask any price they want, because you can't really shop them around.
    I ordered my car Saturday so I am all set. They said to expect 3 months but it was possible it could come before that because they have one they can finish out with my specs.
    I ordered a 2011 E550 Silver Iridium, black interior with burl, sport pkg, prem pkg and multifuntional seats. My husband and I dealt with the internet guy at the dealership and he is giving us $5K off sticker on the 2011 E550 (basically the Costco discount). He wrote the discount on the paperwork and initialed it. Now I just need to wait. :)
    If you don't mind...which dealer? He may appreciate the plug. Thanks.
  • nkolenkole Posts: 18
    I've been waiting to see if there are any incentives on the 2010 E350 for August and sure enough I heard from a local dealer (I'm in San Jose) yesterday that MB is offering a rebate of $3K. The dealer is offering 11% off MSRP minus the $3K. On a $53.4K car this works out to about $44.5K. With the $2K fleet discount (they raised it from $1K for August) the pre tax price is about $42.5K.

Can I do better?
    If you can do better, I'll buy another one. I paid 49110.00 on January 4th of this year for an E350 Sport with wheel package and premium 1 package. That was 2000.00 dollars below invoice on the vehicle. If you can get that same car for 7,000 dollars less, I would be amazed.

Even with the rebate and fleet discount, you would be buying the car for 8,000+ below dead invoice. I think if you can do better, you would have to hijack the car.

Good luck.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• golfhardgolfhard Posts: 16
    Hey man, that is a great price!!!if you really want the 2010 E350 go to dealer and buy it now..

love my E350
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    So, I'm helpin my mother purchase a E sedan, currently drives a clk320 cab, 2000 with 86K on her. She drove a C, before that. She wants an E nothing else. So, where are the deals? Tryin to find loaded with P2, and all drive assistance package. Not very common. I have found a 550 with the right configuration, and with the recent $3K from MB and the 2010 leftover discount, it'd be close to ordering a 2011, 350. Only major differences would be the introduction of the new diamond white(metallic), much nicer than the Arctic white(plain). Also, the driver assistance now features 'active' blind spot, and "active" lane departure. This differs from the 2010, by actually using the ESP to apply breaking to one of the rear wheels to help correct the cars drifting.

Also, we are pretty friendly with a local dealer who would treat us well. So, here we are again on the fence between ordering the latest greatest 2011(350), wish she'd just pay up and order the 2011(550), and a deal I found in Nh for a 2010, 550, stickering at $73kish. This should sell for $65ish?? the 2011(350) would be around the same $69K sticker, probably pay $64ish?

Any other suggestion, ideas or comments are appreciated!!
    Did I say it has to be white.
    Thanks for reading.
    Very simple: if you want Diamond White - there is only one choice: 2011 E. If you want to save money - there is only one choice: 2010 E.
    Unless your mother is a car racer, I'm pretty sure she'll be fine with E350. The only major difference with E550 is the size of the engine, otherwise it's a same car.
    As for me... I'm not in a hurry to replace my 2008 E350.. I'm not sure I like new body style - it looks a little more Japanese car style, but I do like the new interior and controls...
  • dandgdandg Posts: 86
    One other big difference is the E350 has vinyl interior ("MB Tex") The E550 has the real leather !
    You are correct, leather is standard on the E550, optional on the E350. I've had both, the MBTex and Leather in my Mercedes E classes, and you know what? I prefer the MBTex over the leather. Leather has had a tendency to crack and when it gets soiled, it's very difficult to clean and renew. The MBTex cleans up with simple soap and water and a wipe or two. Down here in Florida, the heat causes leather to crack and fade. The MBTex doesn not. So.....That is why I prefer the MBTex. I have mentioned frequently that in a 55,000+ car, leather should always be standard, but in this case, I'm glad it's not.

There are many other differences between the 2010 and the 2011. I tried to spec out a new 2011 E350 "Sport". ( I currently own a 2010 E350 Sport w/wheel package and premium 1 package). When I tried to spec it out at the MB site and on other sites, in order to get the Sport Package (18" wheels with AMG spokes and sport steering wheel) you are required to get the wheel package AND another package it automatically preselects, which I think is the DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE @ $2950.00 That brings the total cost to over 58,700.00 with premium 1 package. My 2010 has sport and wheel package with premium 1 and listed for 54850.00 That's a big difference in price.

Has anyone else noticed this? Go the MBUSA.com site and try to spec out the 2011. I think you will see what I am talking about.

• dandgdandg Posts: 86
    I know that's what they claim,'its easier to take care of and more durable".
    I usually ask
    "If its so much better and more durable,what do you put in the Sl convertible and S?
    leather !

Personally, I never had a problem with leather cracking if its taken care of,not hard just a zmoil conditioner every 6 months or so and it holds up fine.Then again I usually keep a car for 3 or 4 years and then move on to something else.

I would never buy a "luxury" car with vinyl that is designed for taxi cabs in Europe but that's me.
    Its you car and it seem to work for you, and apparently many others (there are very few that have the leather option) thats what counts.
    Another major difference nobody mentioned is that the 550 has an air suspension, the 350 does not, and yes the mbusa website does require sport with driver's assistance pkg.

We're getting a very good price below invoice on a 2011 order. gonna try and convince mom to order a 550 w/diamond white. she keeps saying this will be my last cat, so why not; GO FOR IT!!!!
    no rush, the colors not available until october productions
    thanks all!
  • vpr80vpr80 Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

Being quoted $8K off E350 4matic, P1, Sport for $49.5K (MSRP $57.5K)
    or
    $8.5K off on E550 4Matic, P1, Sport for $56.0K (MSRP $64.5K)

Not sure which discounts and all this before taxes and fees.

Thoughts? Better to keep waiting until Sept?

Thanks
    hey, the only problem with waiting is that inventory selection will decrease.
    Sounds like you're getting the MB $3k, and below invoice from the dealer.
    You may be able to do a little better, but don't lose the car you like.

No real reason to wait, that I can see.
  • bernlerbernler Posts: 1
    How much less should i pay for a 2010 e350 dealer demo with 4000 miles vs a new one? All are selling below invoice already.

thanks
  • lawyer1lawyer1 Posts: 1
    I just bought a 350-e 4matic Sedan with,
    PO 1 package 3950
    Wood,leather steering wheel package 580
    Total MSRP56505.00
    for 48,900 was that a good deal? also traded a 2007 Cadillac CTS in average condition for 17500.
  • pacrnapacrna Posts: 2
    Looking at a white on black 2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 RWD Sport Sedan with only one option which is the P1 PKG in Pennsylvania. What would be a good price to pay for this vehicle? I have never bought a luxury vehicle but i know there is a huge markup on these and dont want to be taken advantage of. Thanks in advance.