Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You should get at least 20% off. You can get a 2011 for what the dealer wants.
  • 20% is good deal, but if they have shortage of inventory like I had, you should settle for a bit less, 18% or something. You just have to negotiate hard and work your way upto the 20% off, they will not just give it to you outright.

I had to keep them engaged and push slowly towards my target. Good luck.
  • When there is a shortage you may not get the color combination that you wanted. Tell them you are not crazy about the color and see what happens. When there are only a few left it might be because of the color combination.
  • I told my dealer to contact me if he decides to change his mind.
    I don't think it would be wise for me to contact him before he does because
    it just shows that I'm desperate for the car.
    What should be my best strategy?
  • There is a good chance he won't contact you. The price you want is almost $5k below TMV, and a couple of grand below his cost. Unless he wants to sell you a car at a big loss, you should perhaps look at other brands.
  • It is near to the end of the month. You never know unless you try. Good luck to you.
  • Thanks,
    I've seen other guys get it,
    but the only dealer with 2010 E350 left won't budge.
    I don't know why, but the thought of getting the 2011 E350
    for about 6-7k more makes me feel that I'm getting ripped off for some reason.
    I don't see a sense of paying 6-7k more for a car that's basically the same.
    Would buying the 2011 model fetch me 6-7k more than the 2010 model when I sell the car? I'd think a couple of grand more but not that much.
    I plan to buy a car within a week, and I am not sure what to do.
    Should I:
    1. Buy a C300 instead,
    2. Wait till December and hope for a good discount?
    I don't think I want to spend more than 45k for my new car.
    Thanks for your input.
  • That is what I paid for my 2010 E350 4matic. Took delivery on August 30th. I drove a C300 when I was looking to buy a new car. My back was bothering me at the time. Then I drove the E350. What a difference on my back. The E350 is more comfortable. It is the end of the month. You got nothing to lose if you try one more time. Good luck.
  • korientkorient Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how much is the rebate in Oct.?

Thanks,
  • I think most people knows yet about the rebate amount for Oct but if you wait for Dec to Jan. I think it will be 4500 or some sort of combination.....

For me, I definitely wait until end of Jan. 2011. Because the car is cost at least 6 to 7 thousand dollars cheaper. I got my Sedan 335i MSRP $51,000 for $37,000 (before tax, title, doc fee and registration).
  • Can you share your dealer info?
  • Hello,

I am buying a black 2011 E350 Coupe with premium 1package, Appearance package, wood trim package. The dealer is selling for $57000 plus $600 documenting plus tag and title (6% tax) fee totalling $58460. Is this a good price or should i negotiate more?
  • MB of South Atlanta, RBM North.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Looks like the dealer wants close to sticker price. Check out www.truecar.com for prices being paid in your area. You should be able to do much better...
  • Two weeks ago pulled the trigger on a Black/Black E350 Prem 2, Driver Assistance Pkg, pana. roof, leather, Parktronic, Multi-contour driver seat, the works MSRP $62,950 for $50,400. Negotiated with a few dealers for similar but less equipped cars but for 20% off MSRP I couldn't pass this car up.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Just purchased a 2010 E350 Sedan w/P1, 18inch rims in metallic indium grey. MSRP was 55,755, I paid $44,500. Car was purchased at MB Laguna Niguel, CA.
  • Excellent deal. Enjoy your new Benz.
  • Any help with getting a CAN number to apply for MB fleet discount would be greatly appreciated.
  • Are there currently any dealer's incentives or discount on the 2011 E350 AWD?
    When does their Winter Sale start and it any good?
    I have not been able to find any car on the internet with Driver Assistance Package. Does such a thing really exist of just marketing?
    I live in Maryland.
    What is "triple net"?
  • Triple Net is the dealers true cost on the car after incentives and bonuses.
  • Hi All,
    Looking at a certified 2008 E350 4matic luxury with P1(Nav, Sirius, automatic rear sunshade, heated ventilated seats). It has 16306 miles. They are adding an additional year of warranty, so it will expire in 1/2014 or at 100k and they are throwing in the bluetooth adaptor($450ish value)...do you think that this is a good deal? Any input would be great!
    Thank you!
  • Price quoted is $34498.00...somehow I forgot to include that part.
  • I was promised $300 over invoice by a dealer on a 2011 E350. Price quoted was $500 more than invoice price on Edmunds. When questioned, invoice was produced showing a base price of $46,442 instead of the $45,942 listed on Edmunds.
    Any idea why this would be? Will invoice vary between states? Am I being scammed?
    Thanks so much!
    What options are you including? I suppose if you compare both "invoices" side by side, you'll see where the differences are. Invoice on truecar.com is listed at $45,430. The dealers have been playing games with "invoices" since before you were born. It really doesn't matter if it is $300 over invoice, $500 over or $200 under. Compare his numbers with other dealers. If his offer is a good one, take it.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 856
    edited November 2010
    No, you are probably not "being scammed". Read the disclaimer under the National Base Price here on Edmunds that says "A note about advertising fees". If you click the link it tells you "The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees."

So you are correct in that invoice can vary between states. In many areas of the country this amounts to a $500 spread. That is probably the difference you are looking at.

And Truecar shows $46,905 as invoice.
  • cagormcagorm Posts: 34
    Bought a 2011 E350 4MATIC Sport over the weekend at a Washington, DC area MBZ dealership. Car had metallic paint and Premium 1 as options. The MRSP was $57,495. The sales price was $51,349 (inclusive of processing fee).
  • The $500 is added to the base price. I appreciate the explanations. Nice deal cagorm, wish I could get it too. LOL
  • zakiuzakiu Posts: 1
    Searched all day to find one of the last 2010 E350 cars in the color I wanted. MSRP was around $55k. Made a deal to sell the car for $4800 under the invoice price of $50,800, which came out to $46k. '10 E350 P1 Sport Package w/ Rear Air. Will miss the LED fogs and Keyless GO that the P2 has, but for an additional $3k, it wasn't worth it for me.